A tribute to Fawzia dokhtar-i-Sanjar

Users who are viewing this thread

saxondragon

Sergeant Knight at Arms

Hello Everyone:

Life is a humorous adventure to those who really stop and consider where our travels take us along our journey from cradle to grave. 

Sometimes we are invisible and we pass others like a shadow of the wind, never leaving a trace of our presence.

Sometimes the most innocent gesture of an afterthought can set in motion a force that changes forever the lives of others.

We travel on the journey called life and we encounter many people.  Some barely register and others are like a bolt of lightning, commanding our attention.

Mason Purcell, AKA Fawzia dokhtar-i-Sanjar, was one of those latter people.  Love her or hate her, you simply could not ignore her. 

Mason is my friend.  I am proud to call her that.  We swapped tales of our lives, laughed at each other’s stories and shared our fears and frustrations that life brought to our respective doorstep. 

Life has an annoying habit of dealing tragic situations to people who really do not deserve it and like a bad hand at cards, we must play what cards we are dealt, no matter what. 

It was through my friendship with Mason that I learned that she was dealt a tragic hand.  The cancer which she has been fighting for the last five years will finally claim her life sometime this week, likely sooner than later.  As I write this, Hospice and her husband are working to make the last hours of her life mostly pain free. 

How this matters to you, the players of who have enjoyed Prophesy of Pendor, is that both Version 3.x and the Warband port are due directly to her desire to keep busy and keep working on this project as a means to give her a reason for living through the pain and anguish she endured these last two years. 

While I may have had the vision and insight to create this body of work, it was Mason who was the heart and soul that made it a reality.  It is why, release after release, that I dedicated the work to her as a token of appreciation and acknowledgement of what she brought to our labor and ultimately what she brought to you, the many players who have played and enjoyed Prophesy of Pendor.

While she would loathe this public display of tribute and take me to task for writing it, I would remind her that this is not for her; this is about her. 

It is about how she became a force that changed lives.  It is about the recognition of a portion of a life that mattered, that her work and her passion made a difference in ways that are incalculable to a great many people in many parts of the world.

Thank you Mason.  Thank you for everything.

Kindest regards,

Saxondragon

-------------------------
Mason Passed away Feburary 27th in her home in Virginia. 

In lieu of flowers donations may be made to the
Albemarle County SPCA,
P.O. Box 7047,
Charlottesville, VA 22906

or

Hospice of the Piedmont,
675 Peter Jefferson Parkway,
Suite 300,
Charlottesville, VA 22911.

With Sadness,

Saxondragon

My heart is heavy and my sadness immense. Yet I'm glad you'll find peace from the constant pain you've been so bravely enduring.

I'm so glad we became friends on this shared hobby since some years ago - you'll be missed sorely old friend.

~Greg

Dear Mason,

This is not the final goodbye. We will meet again in a different place and time.

Thank you for everything.

Your friend,
Jörgen

Farewell Mason,

Thank You again for everything and making me apart of this wonderful Developer team.

regards,

MP

thank you for this mod, Mason, i am glad you found a project which you could use to give you the will to keep going.  i will be praying for you, that your pain will ease and that you will find Peace that passeth all understanding.

My heart is heavy with this news, though I was in some expectation of it. Mason is one of the finest people I've had the pleasure of knowing, with immense courage and patience and willingness to help others. Thank you for everything.

Thank you so much for all the work you`ve done, so many of us have benefited by all the work that's been put into PoP. 

People like you help making the world a better place for others, you've been giving your time and effort without asking anything in return, you are a kind and selfishless person that if more people follow your  lead the world would be a much better place.

My thoughts goes out to you, Sincerely Thomas.

She will be remembered by us. It's a shame to lose someone who was clearly one of the most helpful and influential people around here.

Farewell Mason, may you find peace in whatever the afterlife brings you.

Kind regards,

MrExpendable.

Farewell Mason
I will never forget the help you gave to me and other people!
Omg... I am really crying!
Your Forever Loyal Fan, Guilherme from Brazil!

Mason Purcell I never met you but still these news makes me sad
your writing is a great part of what makes this mod fun
thank you for everything
with luck we might meet in the afterlife

Back
Top Bottom