A strange error

Users who are viewing this thread

20:52:41 - SERVER has joined the game with ID: 0 and has administrator rights.
20:52:41 - Name server: invalid response '0|-1|0|Combined World|0'.
20:53:52 - SERVER has joined the game with ID: 0 and has administrator rights.
20:53:52 - Name server: invalid response '0|-1|0||0'.

And thats pretty much it, I dont know whats that error about and how to fix it

The issue is caused by the gameserver receiving an invalid response from the nameserver backend; a response that it doesn't know how to handle. This invalid response can be caused by a multitude of issues. I would advise double-checking you have nameserver set up correctly.

1) Check that the MySQL DB information in the "pwnameserver/private/config.php" file is correct. This shouldn't be the cause, as it would either provide a MySQL error, or no response at all; however, it doesn't hurt ruling it out.
2) Check that you have a server in your database under the "warband_servers" table. Make sure that this server entry has a password set, and encrypted in SHA1. This password, unencrypted, must be placed in the "Modules/PW_4.5/strings.txt"
3) As you have added the "Combined Worlds" feature, I would refer to the code where you have implemented it, and make sure that the implementation is correct.

Jesse, you know, you could help the guy rather than trying to milk him for cash constantly.  :party:

Anyway, Martin7, it's hard to comment further without knowing more detail and seeing the code itself. Unless you're dead-set on getting the Combined World functionality of PW working, you could always try this.

I guess...
Anyway Ill give a last try:
With this part of strings
str_name_server LINK/checkplayer.php
str_name_server_password secret

I got this:
21:38:21 - SERVER has joined the game with ID: 0 and has administrator rights.
21:38:21 - Name server: invalid response '0|-1|0|Combined World|0'.
21:38:41 - SERVER has joined the game with ID: 0 and has administrator rights.
21:38:42 - Name server: invalid response '0|-1|0|Combined World|0'.

Gishank said:
Jesse, you know, you could help the guy rather than trying to milk him for cash constantly.  :party:

Yeah, I know right.
"Gishank will offer support for the scriptset charged at £8 per issue/query"

In other news, you might want to try and force a correct response to test if the function even works, atleast you can exclude some variables then.

Back
Top Bottom