A short summary of opinions ....

Users who are viewing this thread

Considering that Taleworlds was a small company my expectations was in not excess, however - I must admit I had a couple of disappointments that I hope the mod makers will correct over time to make a nearly complete experience complete :smile:

Here is a small list of pro's and con's:

MULTIPLAYER:
+ Very good job on weaponsystems and network code IMO... works like a charm (except for chamber blocks)
+ Nice weapon/armor balance.. and bla bla bla everybody knows the positive :grin:
- No coop  (Expected an 8 player multiplayer campaign game mode) (BIG disappointment ) (it could be incorp quite simply and I hope it will come in the near future)
- No stamina system.. (.....) even Age of chivalry has it....
- Boring and innovative game types.... (What about caravan protection, VIP protection, Player vs AI (huge ammount of AI)
or prolonged modes such as advance and secure.... with reinforcements on each side??? (even combined with caravan protection .. If you loose a caravan you loose possibility to upgrade weapons and armor - while holding a capture point stops you from bleeding... loosing all capture points bleeds you... A game could last for an hour this way...and a great way to play matches.... why not?

SINGLE PLAYER (inhales)
+ The combat system and graphics? ... (...)
+ You can group AI better now !! Great!
+ AI: Blocks better ... sometimes seem to feint (?)
+ Much better tutorial. (edit)
+ More dialogues and more info about the conflict by the NPC's (edit)
+ Nice multiple task start up quest .. I hope to see more quests like this... (will be seeing over time) (edit)
- Warband vanilla all over... same NCP's only some small adjustments.
- AI: is just terrible at some parts.... help... In the area.. AI runs into a wall and just stops... face into the wall.. (no change from vanilla)
- AI: No formations... only Line...  ("2 KILOMETERS" line formation with 100 units!!!!! ?!?!?)
- AI: Enemy AI is attacking recklessly... They should be considering the odds... Simple measure: If the enemy is x10 more - RUN (unless you are berserker or a elite soldier) Suggestion: If enemy > friendly x morale then run like hell...
- AI: Seem to hit through their own members.... So I cannot use one opponent as a shield against another... making defeating many opponents too hard even fighting lo skill AI with high skill. (edit)
- WHERE are all the bandits??! I was searching EVERY where to find some.... They seem to have vanished. bug?

END COMMENTARY:
I wonder.... I have played many of the mods for M&B vanilla... IE the expanded gameplay III and Prophecy of pendor...
Why and why... did not the dev's use some of their features for these mods? Or did I miss something completely?
I can't read minds.. I'm not sure if the Dev's are using the community to aid them more directly...
If I was asked I would do it for free.... I am sure the mod makers would do it for free.. as they are already doing mods for free...... ? Forgive me if I'm mistaking here....

What do you guys think?

A stamina system was brought up during the beta a few times, and in my recollection a lot of players (including me) were decidedly opposed each time; basically that it would needlessly slow down the game play. I remember Age of Chivalry being used as an example why the feature should not be implemented in warband.

If you repeatedly tell the AI to stand closer they move to more of a compact formation rather than a line.

I would be against a Stamina system. For example, if a team makes a shield wall at the gate at Village, and everyone is exhausted from a cavalry charge, and a group of 4 axemen come along from the rear, the defenders are utterly unable to fight back well when they notice the enemy behind them. That would be in a really bad situation, true.

More bandits would be appreciated, true, but not hordes of them.

A multiplayer campaign may be a bit hard due to ping and stuff. I suggested a campaign which was effectively a series of linked battles with hireable companies of 20 or so troops.

Players vs AI was in a mod, The Battle For Calradia/Invasion mod, and I'd prefer it to remain in mods. True, regicide/caravan guard/VIP protection and stuff would be nice true. Though lasting so long would be annoying. Something like TF2's Payload, perhaps?

I've actually seen the Khergits form a double line of cavalry in 1.102? I think. More stuff on politics and campaigning (like in Nijis' Tides of Conquest) would have been nice too. As would Artillery and various edits and more Late Medieval tournaments.

As long as you can block while being out of 'breath', stamina would be fine. Main benefit would be that it stops new players from just spamming but I guess that can also be a drawback if you like mindlessly spamming and not thinking about anything.

Back
Top Bottom