A piece of armor costing 600k...

Users who are viewing this thread

Doz

Recruit
EE84DEC78C002CA6A78B545394C46E1A6183C374

I knew how Bannerlord's dynamic economic system was broken but this...

Bannerlord in a nutshell: invest 13k to set up a workshop that gives you 20 denars per day, wait for 821.92 years to purchase this Lamellar With Scale Skirt.

You could put it on layaway? :grin:

Joking aside, the game is not playable at the moment other than testing which I don't mind, but these prices make it impossible to advance in the game.

EE84DEC78C002CA6A78B545394C46E1A6183C374

I knew how Bannerlord's dynamic economic system was broken but this...

Bannerlord in a nutshell: invest 13k to set up a workshop that gives you 20 denars per day, wait for 821.92 years to purchase this Lamellar With Scale Skirt.

Here me out guys... I think it works pretty well. I own two cities and am 250 days into my game. I make about 2.5k profit a day from my fiefs. I can defeat a large force and sell their loot and ransom their prisoners/lords for a lot of gold. I have about 600k saved up right now with plenty more gold flowing in.

Personally, I think it works because it gives you something to work for when you get rich. Not having the best, master crafted gear early on makes sense. Its nice to feel like you’re progressing from a mercenary with cobbled together gear to a rich lord with a well made suit of armor.

I agree. Prices should escalate exponentially for TOP tier stuff... because our finances do. Or both need to be brought into line together.

It must be a bug guys, the difference in price is too much in comparison to the stats, not even POP or Perisno have those prices.

I think weapons, armors, and horses should actually cost more and be rarer drops. Few things make me feel like U have progressed and give the sense of accomplishment than to saveup for a higher tier piece of gear and then it give you significantly better performance. I'm not sure if 600k is reasonable or not once you're leading Lord. It seems incredible when I have gathered a mere 20k gold, but going by Danny D, I gather that it's affordable at that level.

Currently there are only 1 or 2 top tier armors you can find across all Calradia, whereas if you recruit from a notable with which you have good relations, you can hire 3-4 of those for 200 gold, all of the with 600k armor each, magically having the armor on them, when it is nowhere to be found in the towns.
This is a huge problem, MANY armor pieces are still nowhere to be found.

The game needs money sinks, so you always have stuff to go for, even if it is just 5 more armour. While 600k is indeed a lot it is far from unobtainable in this game.
Good workshops can still net 150 denars a day, too, so they are paying off after 100 days. I do think though that certain quests and actions should indeed give more money and/or loot. Like hideouts are kind of moot, especially when they have only 16 bandits in them.

I know that this is a bug, and that it's being "worked on", but honestly? I really do think the end-game armours in the game should cost hundreds of thousands of denars, perhaps not 600k. But if it's THE best armour piece in the game, why not maybe 200k or something along those lines? Yes I understand that it barely makes any sense considering you could pay for entire armies with that amount of money. But what's important here is how the player experiences the game, and our enjoyment and sense of progression from early to late game, but necessarily how much the in-game economy makes sense.

It took me only 20 hours in of playing to get me 6k a day, 600k for top tier armor seems fine. I was running around with close to 1mil and nothing to use it on. I believe the prices are fine for the late game. I'm absolutely drowning in denars rn. And might I add I own no workshops or caravans, plus pay for over 300 top tier troops. 600k is like a medium purchase when you own a city and three castles.

They updated the prices and the stats of the armors and all items.

This is legit and it makes sense. I was having already 77 armor on the previous patch and it was OP.

It's a long run grind, not one that takes you to the top in 2 days.

Now we need more armors on the market and also more weapons! One single type of crossbow, one type of Voulge, and few two handed axes. More stuff pls.

It took me only 20 hours in of playing to get me 6k a day, 600k for top tier armor seems fine. I was running around with close to 1mil and nothing to use it on. I believe the prices are fine for the late game. I'm absolutely drowning in denars rn. And might I add I own no workshops or caravans, plus pay for over 300 top tier troops. 600k is like a medium purchase when you own a city and three castles.

This actually just shows one of the major issues:
You get too much money.

Even before you have a single fief/workshop/caravan you have easily your first million. Battles simply give too much loot.

--> Nerf all sources of income (mostly battles)
--> Increase all sources of expense (troops should cost more to upgrade and more upkeep)

Then switch the workshop types. My best makes 350+, the average 150. And we are talking per day pure profit. You could argue the workshop is too cheap if you consider today's housing prices for businesses. You are also not supposed to win with workshops. They give you steady income when you do not have fiefs.

You are supposed to trade/battle/quest to get the real bucks.

You could put it on layaway? :grin:

Joking aside, the game is not playable at the moment other than testing which I don't mind, but these prices make it impossible to advance in the game.

You are joking because this is not an example of something unplayable. I also raked in 50k just with battles, tourneys, some quests inside a week.. so not seeing the problem getting more. Sure, could be cheaper, but is more an item to want to have because it is 600k than because of its actual value.

Somehow, since I have holding, I have tons of cash. Which can of odd. With that amount of cash, what is even the point of doing battles? I could just sit in one of my villages and drink booze with peaseants daugthers!

ED936B958DF806821CFEDC82A43C978E2874D108

I can't believe some people will say that 600k is somehow a reasonable price in this game. I have arrived to late game and had a steady income thanks to a town of ~2k gold while my treasury hovered around 30-40k most of the time. All this while avoiding any sort of powergaming or abusing exploits.

I understand that tier 6 armor should be a heavy investment, but 600k for a normal player is simply not a normal price. It does not 'make sense' for diminishing returns to be so exponential. It is never 'worth it' to buy the higher tier armor considering how cheap a slightly less good armor is. It is a form of hubris just to show off how much money you have to... yourself? Yet it is inaccessible up until you simply don't need it since your army is probably already a killing machine on its own and has no need for your personal input in the brunt of the fighting itself. The point being that these inflated prices are utterly pointless. They would have a point if they were at a level where you would need to give your input during battle, be part of the elite of your army while it is few in numbers. By the time you can afford it, your entire army is already elite, so what's the point?

Let me attach more pictures that go along with OP's worries:
OiId3Y4.png

RQHwiw8.png
TjZRHsn.png

These prices are pretty much broken.

Also, a normal run of the mill crossbow costing 40k? Shoddy bows costing various thousands? Broken. It's pointless to make a build using ranged rn because you'll spend most of early and mid scraping by with a lance and one-handed weapon.

I hope Taleworlds fixes it somewhat and provides a cap on prices for armor and weapons and puts economy rebalancing on its top priority list. I don't want to spend 20 hours on a game exploiting its broken economy system just to get a red tabard over mail on my character, no thank you.

I can confirm its a Bug at least with the OP armor in the screenshot i bought it almost in the desert but not aserai town yet and i took it for 101k(on 102 or 103 patch).

The same Lamellar with scale skirt one.

The prices are bugged, MArda, i think, said yesterday that they are looking into it, since the last patch when they added those 200 items, most of my high tier stuff doubled price, had a bow going from 32k to 64k in the same city, after i reloaded after the update.

Back
Top Bottom