A new and sample way to make a flail

Users who are viewing this thread

Red Serf

Sergeant Knight
I am thinking with myself, if you catch a cludgel or the wooden stick, change their texture, increase their range and make a animation for they dont need too stay swinging, just you hit and the chain goes with the ball to the enemy?that would be more simple than made a new phisic sistem for the game.They can also have the same stats of most of the maces, with bonus damage while is mounted and the abylyty to crush trough blocks.
What the people minds about that? could be worked and added to the game?

JhonBrazil said:
I am thinking with myself, if you catch a cludgel or the wooden stick, change their texture, increase their range and make a animation for they dont need too stay swinging, just you hit and the chain goes with the ball to the enemy?that would be more simple than made a new phisic sistem for the game.They can also have the same stats of most of the maces, with bonus damage while is mounted and the abylyty to crush trough blocks.

Interesting suggestion. Thanks for sharing, Jhon. Crush through block is a powerful ability, so it is reserved for heavy, two-handed, blunt weapons. I think that crush through block would need to remain off your suggested flail. It could fill a niche as a one-handed, longer-range piercing weapon (it'd do piercing damage, right?). 90 to 100 range. Many of the one-handed piercing and blunt weapons are short range, so this fail could be good for using while on horseback.

diessa said:
JhonBrazil said:

Interesting suggestion. Thanks for sharing, Jhon. Crush through block is a powerful ability, so it is reserved for heavy, two-handed, blunt weapons. I think that crush through block would need to remain off your suggested flail. It could fill a niche as a one-handed, longer-range piercing weapon (it'd do piercing damage, right?). 90 to 100 range. Many of the one-handed piercing and blunt weapons are short range, so this fail could be good for using while on horseback.
You are right. I have made a mistake, i have minded they to act like some maces/clubs/hammers who throwns you to the ground, and yes, i have planned they for horseback use, and for a few units on foot. I also like to suggest some of peasants use the axe(the forest bandit's axe) a few number of them with sledgehammer, and some with hunting bows

Windyplains said:
The concept of creating a flail was discussed some time back in the forge.  Opinions differed on whether it was possible or not, but the ultimate feeling is that it wasn't worth what it would take to make it possible.
It's just because of these topic i have showned my plan, because they whil not need triggers, physic system improved, just a  texture work and a poorly chain movement (imagine a spiked ball at the top of a scimitar when you prepare the hit, and when they come to the target, inverse the position of the scimitar blade, by that way you will not need to make a giant animation of chain, because i have a replic of a flail and i guarantee: they are soo speedly to you see the chain coming, you only see a blur and the ball are precisely on the target much more speedly than a regular mace or axe

Back
Top Bottom