• The forum has been updated. For an explanation of some of the changes, head over here.

SP Native A Mod Long Forgotten

Currently viewing this thread:

Dalloskid

Sergeant
Oh ok. So I could keep the folder in modules (and run it from in there) with the newest version of Warband, and none of my other mods will be affected. Sounds good, and thanks for clearing that up :smile:

EDIT: I don't suppose that there is another link for the download? Mediafire isn't working for me.
 
I apologize for being away for a long time, I had a lot of work to do these days, I'm a student, I work in a company and on top of that I'm married so i had very little time to actually work on M&B and to even visit the forums.

First of all, I am uploading the screenshots for the Rhodoks and Vaegirs since I have promised that a long time ago. The screenshots will be available at page 4, where the original post is.

Next, I would like to thank you, meb2183 for answering the questions people posted here. Thank you very much, I appreciate it.

Then, user kingthrone90 asked about a problem he had with textures and sound and download. Sir, please try this: Download the full mod from the first page of this thread;  Extract the mod anywhere, and you run the game from the mb_warband launcher from inside the extracted mod. You don't need to use anything else, and it doesn't mater which version of warband yours is, this way it works with any version. Again, thanks to meb2183 since he described the same thing anyway.

meb2183 asked a question regarding the nobles. Unfortunately, I cannot change this without the source code. It is beyond my power  :sad:

And finally, answer to Dalloskid, yes, this mod is built from the Native Expansion version .586
The aim of the mod is to keep the original Native Feeling and to be fun at all times.
 
Dalloskid said:
Oh ok. So I could keep the folder in modules (and run it from in there) with the newest version of Warband, and none of my other mods will be affected. Sounds good, and thanks for clearing that up :smile:

EDIT: I don't suppose that there is another link for the download? Mediafire isn't working for me.

Does Filefront work for you? If you wish I can upload the mod there as well.
 

meb2183

Recruit
No problem,  glad to help people enjoy WB as much as I do. Question on castle and city stewards, are there supposed to be any ? For cities, I am guessing you need festival/fairgrounds to hold tournies ?
 

Dalloskid

Sergeant
Sir Integra Hellsing said:
Dalloskid said:
Oh ok. So I could keep the folder in modules (and run it from in there) with the newest version of Warband, and none of my other mods will be affected. Sounds good, and thanks for clearing that up :smile:

EDIT: I don't suppose that there is another link for the download? Mediafire isn't working for me.

Does Filefront work for you? If you wish I can upload the mod there as well.

I just tried mediafire again, and the download is working fine now. For some reason it was asking me to put in a captcha before, but wouldn't show the image!

Also, here: the source code for Native Expansion 6.08.
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,264589.0.html

Not sure if you're interested because it would mean alot of work, but I thought it might be helpful for you to know!
 
Lord of Shadows said:
Hi. What version of Warband is this compatible with?

Any version, the mod is stand-alone, you launch the mod from it's own launcher inside the extracted folder. It's made for Warband 1.134 and I edited some of the core game files so it must come with it's own game folder. It doesn't mess up with any version you already have, and any mods, just extract this anywhere you want and start it from it's own launcher.
 

kingthrone90

Recruit
Thx for the info
problem solve^^
just download the file in 1st page of forum
install it
then run from it module folder, not from steam play
works perfect^^

i played several SP mod
this is the best^^
no more soloing a town or castle with army >300++
 
meb2183 said:
No problem,  glad to help people enjoy WB as much as I do. Question on castle and city stewards, are there supposed to be any ? For cities, I am guessing you need festival/fairgrounds to hold tournies ?
Well, you can assign up to four ministers which appear in your court when you are your own king, but since I always played solo and almost never joined any faction I dunno if it is possible while being a vassal.
 
Dalloskid said:
Sir Integra Hellsing said:
Dalloskid said:
Oh ok. So I could keep the folder in modules (and run it from in there) with the newest version of Warband, and none of my other mods will be affected. Sounds good, and thanks for clearing that up :smile:

EDIT: I don't suppose that there is another link for the download? Mediafire isn't working for me.

Does Filefront work for you? If you wish I can upload the mod there as well.

I just tried mediafire again, and the download is working fine now. For some reason it was asking me to put in a captcha before, but wouldn't show the image!

Also, here: the source code for Native Expansion 6.08.
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,264589.0.html

Not sure if you're interested because it would mean alot of work, but I thought it might be helpful for you to know!

Heh, thanks for the link but this mod alone took me over 2 years to complete and even now I am making some fixes and such. I work on this mod alone and even if I had the source code now, it would take a lot of copying and I do not have that much time now, much less in the future.
 
Continuing the troop trees I started, this time I present the Khergits. Having a pretty straightforward and simple troop tree, khergits aren't really known for anything else than horse archers. All of their troops are pretty standard, growing gradually in stats and equipment up to the end. Their Orlok is as strong as their three elites but in the end, Khergits are not a very strong faction for end-game, but their battles are the most fun, at least for me. Playing as a horse archer has always been lots of fun for me, even though 80% of the time I play as a foot soldier.

Regulars:

                                                  Horse  Archer - Veteran Horse Archer - Master Horse Archer - Keshik
                                                /
Recruit - Tribesman - Clansman                                                      Assaulter
                                                \                                                    /
                                                  Lancer - Heavy Lancer - Charger
                                                                                                      \
                                                                                                        Reaper

There won't be any screenshots here for now since these troops look almost the same as in the original game. Keshik is a strong horse archer in Khergit Guard Armor. Assaulter is a Heavy Lancer in Lamellar armor with a lance and either another melee weapon or a bow. Reaper is their most aggressive troop armed with large two handed weapons and rarely uses ranged attacks.

Nobles:

Tribe Elder - Trakhan - Orlok ( description below in the elites section )

Elites:

Oprichinnik - The Red Flame Dragon Rider, this dude flies across the battlefield, dealing damage close and far with deadly precision of its bow or with the furious slashes of his Scythe.

7irZWrb.jpg

HCfixZY.jpg


Kamuluck - The White Ghost Rider, sadly the AI doesn't know a thing how to use these units. Being a very strong horse archer at first, but their real strength comes with their long powerful lance, with which these units spawn 100% of the time. A tactical charge of these monsters surely devastates anything.

eSWC6U9.jpg

5MIhiaz.jpg

ynVckKd.jpg


Bashkir - The Black Night Rider, the strongest of the three riders, wielding a two handed katana for headchopping and a black bow for some nice pincushion.

QoSlViv.jpg

CXLYW3Z.jpg

rwed4mF.jpg


Orlok - Technicaly not an elite unit but this nobleman is just as strong as the three above, since the AI is so bad at using them, the khergits end up being very weak in the late game, so this Golden Rider comes with a large mace against those heavy armors and of course another unique bow for some ranged warfare. Would you expect otherwise from Khergits?

oIFEcCW.jpg

i8o52kb.jpg

7p0J67X.jpg


Note: The armors for these troops are taken from SOD Warlords, so credits go to them.
 
Here is the Troop Tree for the Nords:

Regulars:

                                                                      Warrior - Veteran - Champion
                                                                    /
                        Footman - Veteran Footman
                      /                                            \
Recruit - Brute                                                Charger - Assaulter - Reaper
                      \
                        Huntsman
                        \                \
                          Hunter      Javelinman - Trained Javelinman
                                    \
                                      Master Hunter - Archer - Veteran Archer


Nobles:



                            King Housecarl - Eiherjar
                  Thane
                /          \
Housecarl              Berserker
                \
                  Skald


Elites:

Nord Hero Warrior

Kurgan

Eiherjar
 
You should make it mod foldered and request a subforum to be added.

I really like this mod, though there are things such as inconsistencies and grammatical errors to be ironed out, as well as some other things. Still though, I stand by what I said - best alternate Calradia yet.

Another thing, the new khergits you previewed look fairly nice, but they lose some of that charm that imo made warband khergits so appealing, they lack the rugeddness and barbarity I suppose. They aren't dirty enough. :razz: They look like pechenegs or rather timurids a lot more than they do like mongols.

While the actual mongols had both such armors and the "dirty barbarian look", I propose you make a compromise!

Have the lower tier khergits have furs, coats and leather caps and generally stylize them similarly to how they would look in vanilla, somewhat similar to tatars, having that mounted barbarian brownish look, whilst having the higher tier troops use the armors you have previewed just now.


Just realized the ones you previewed are nobles. Forget about what I said. Awesome. :grin:
 
Sir Integra Hellsing said:
Has anyone faced against the Dark Knights?
I need your thoughts on them since I had major balance issues with them and it has taken me several months to finally put them into shape, to be very strong but certanly beatable.
Screenshots would be wellcome, I will too post some screenshots soon, I plan to do a Elite Troops Summary, and all the factions' troop trees.

They are absolutely massively overpowered and are among the few things I dislike in this game. They are PoP level of imbalanced at it's worst. Their troops simply need toning down, and their parties also need to be of reasonable size (100 - 150 at most, even less)

I'm also not a fan of how you handled them style wise. The inclusion of undead, and especially the grim reaper cloaked ones feels over the top and out of place, unlike your other changes. I personally preferred the dark knights of the regular Native expanded far more. Their lordly armors and some soldier armors seem far too over the top.

Also, a bug I've noticed - Balgruuf is often referred to as a woman in companion dialogue, as well as a few other companions I can't quite pinpoint right now.

Also, why have Khudan and Reyvadin switched names? :razz:



 
YourStepDad said:
Sir Integra Hellsing said:
Has anyone faced against the Dark Knights?
I need your thoughts on them since I had major balance issues with them and it has taken me several months to finally put them into shape, to be very strong but certanly beatable.
Screenshots would be wellcome, I will too post some screenshots soon, I plan to do a Elite Troops Summary, and all the factions' troop trees.

They are absolutely massively overpowered and are among the few things I dislike in this game. They are PoP level of imbalanced at it's worst. Their troops simply need toning down, and their parties also need to be of reasonable size (100 - 150 at most, even less)

I'm also not a fan of how you handled them style wise. The inclusion of undead, and especially the grim reaper cloaked ones feels over the top and out of place, unlike your other changes. I personally preferred the dark knights of the regular Native expanded far more. Their lordly armors and some soldier armors seem far too over the top.

Also, a bug I've noticed - Balgruuf is often referred to as a woman in companion dialogue, as well as a few other companions I can't quite pinpoint right now.

Also, why have Khudan and Reyvadin switched names? :razz:

I appreciate that you like the mod, of course there are things that some people wouldn't like, as you said with the Dark Knighs for example. For me they have been a problem for a long time to make, if I could sumarize all the things that were utter strange in their behavior once the game starts even after all the things you said, you will understand me why I havent touched them for a long time since in this state they behave like I would want them to be. They were even stronger in the previous versions of the mod, and in this state they are the weakest. I have intentionaly made them OP level in strength but they have other serious flaws which no other armies have. First, no ranged troops. Some of their Infantry carry Ebony bows but those bows are very weak in comparrison to other ebony bows, and their 8-unit arrows are weaker than broadheads and are unlootable. Second, many of their troops dont have a shield, and for those that have it, If you look at the stats of the shield, it's actually pretty weak. Third, none of their Cavalry have lances. While this can be both a strength and weakness, You as a player can destroy them with a Dragonlance while they can do nothing to you from that range. And fourth, they are very slow on the move. A light armored character with a halberd can fight off their infantry no problem. Anyway, the Dark Knights are suposed to be fought with top tier nobles and elites, anything lower is almost useless. And even then, the choice of troops is still very important. Some troops like the Dragoons and Hitmen which are OP level for normal troops, are very weak against dark knights.

The undead infantry have just been a short idea and I decided to put them to test. If many people dislike it, I will change it in the next update, on which I have been working for a few days now.
The reaper-like enemies are Dark Knight Elites only carried by Gwyn, and I simply couldn't think of a better Elite Dark Knight  for now.

Balgruuf was in fact a female companion as you can remember from the original Native Expansion. I can't remember which one it was actually since that was changed amongst the first things when I started this mod, but I will recheck his dialogue files, I have forgotten this. And on the subject of women, You may have noticed that most of the female troops from NE have been replaced by male ones, or comletely removed, women aren't supposed to be used in warfare like that, it just doesn't make sense to me. One of my friends that is listed in the credits told me about that and convinced me to change it.

And Khudan/Reyvadin... I really Can't remember. Same with Jelkala being called Almerra i presume. But I think that when I started the mod, I changed the Cities to better fit their monarch's title, can you remember High Prince Yaroglek of Khudan (his city was Reyvadin, now Khudan) and Graveth was listed from Almerra (Cant remember how he was called in NE, now is Consul)

However, since Yaroglek is no more, Replaced with Old Iron King Havel, I can return the cities as normal if that's a problem.

I'm glad that people at least play this mod, but much more I like constructive critisism so keep up with the good work  :wink:

Edit: I already submitted the mod for the subforums but it still doesn't meet the requirements
 
Top Bottom