Version number
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
Yes, I used mods.

volovos

Recruit
Summary:

This is as of beta 1.6.4. Not really any game breaking bugs but I've noticed a few issues with the encyclopedia. A few I've seen are:
  • Nobles that are born and don't exist during the start of the sandbox campaign don't show up in the search bar in the encyclopedia. Their encyclopedia entry exists but you can't search for them using the search bar.
  • On the encyclopedia entry for my character's child, they are referred to with their mother's (my spouses) name on their description. The name shown above the character model is their actual name, but the description on the entry uses their mother's name. I had children by two spouses, both children being female and the entry used the name of their respective mothers. This only seems to happen to my character's children and not any others. I haven't tested it with male children.
  • Not the biggest deal, but I've seen a few grammatical errors in some of the flavor text in the encyclopedia. I don't want to be that guy but someone needs to mention it. Some entries such as the flavor text for minor factions come to mind. They are very sloppily written and hard to follow along. I would cite some specific examples but I don't know how to copy paste in game text, you'd have to read some entries and see for yourself. Some entries for pages, such as the Beni Zilal, don't even any flavor text.
  • Rebel faction leaders are referred to as "Emperor of the Empire and head of the [Clan name]'s Clan". I don't know if this is intentional or a mistake but the text is very confusing and nonsensical to me.
There is some other minor errors in the encyclopedia that I couldn't remember from the top of my head but these are a few I noticed. They are not major issues, but if anything they do detract from immersion.

How to Reproduce: Open the encyclopedia

I also noticed that sometimes it will say "So and so member of the Example Clan a, a rising clan of the insert culture here"

Also,

At least for the Campaign mode, if the player hero dies and you select your younger brother or sister as an heir, the entry will say that they are their own older brother or sister. Mine was Fredrick, Fredrick died and I picked Alda as the heir but then it basically replaced everything previous about Fredrick with Alda, including her relation the first hero.

• Nobles that are born and don't exist during the start of the sandbox campaign don't show up in the search bar in the encyclopedia. Their encyclopedia entry exists but you can't search for them using the search bar.
Could you provide a screenshot or a save file for this issue in particular?
Do you have a save file of session that you experienced this issue? With your save file, we can reproduce the issue much easier and faster. You can find your save file here:C:\Users\username\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Game Saves
You can send your save files to us via the ticketing system on the website. To send us a ticket, please visit the www.taleworlds.com site and login to your forum account from the top right. Click to "My Account" and then click to "My Open Tickets". You can create a ticket there and include the save file and as well as the forum link of this thread. You can find more info about how to upload files to us with the new ticketing system here. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

Hi, I will mark the issue as resolved. If you encounter the same one in the latest version, please let me know. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom