A little help with Reveal Assassination Plot

Users who are viewing this thread

Tried to search for help with this but was unfortunately unsuccessful.  It says to go to the village of Astorga to meet with the assassins' contact but I have searched the village thoroughly, talked to every peasant I could find and nothing, I searched the area around the village incase the contact is a party on the map and again nothing.  Does anyone know how to get this quest on the move?  Is it a villager contact I need to find, a party on the map, ....      :cry:  <---- me unable to figure it out

You will find one man in the village. You have to search for him quite well though. He will not walk around but probably wait at the side of a house that might be more outside of the village. If You face him, his atribute is not 'villager' but something like 'nervous man', though I cannot remember proper.
Good luck.

Heh I had this one. It said go to the village of Newport. Couldn't find him there.

Two months later I realise there are 2 villages called newport :3.

done complete searches both on foot and horseback both during the day and at night, spent about 40 minutes trying to find this guy.  No luck.  Checked all the buildings, the hay loft, the storehouses, and behind all the hills and rocks in the fields.  I have -2 relations with the village.  Do you think this might have something to do with it?  Argh {bangs head into desk}

Do you have edit mode on? If yes, then just go to spawnpoint 45. If he isn't there, it's a bug.

I'll check how to turn edit mode on and take a look, thanks :smile:

update: I am so brutal, I turned edit mode on, I have file and view tabs at the top but I can't find a way to goto a spawnpoint or do anything :sad:.

Read a couple of FAQs which didn't help and now my game won't open.  ARGH

further update: got my game to work after restarting but will just forget the quest and just leave it hanging.  Don't want to risk killing the game.  Thanks for the help anyways

further further update: nothing to do with this quest, just as I was reorganising my companions' arms and armour I realised I was saying "Show me your equipment" to my female heroes :razz:

I did this once and arrived in the village at night. I saw the contact the moment I spawned because only he and the village elder are out at night. (And a nervous man if applicable.)

Well, he's definitely not there for me... Had to find the contact in Kutna Hora (what kind of a name is that xD). I looked everywhere and couldn't find him; finally turned on edit mode as suggested here and went to Entry Point 45.. wasn't there either.
Bugged.

Maybe the bug has something to do with that the village was infested with bandits when I arrived?

Dragon2K said:
Well, he's definitely not there for me... Had to find the contact in Kutna Hora (what kind of a name is that xD). I looked everywhere and couldn't find him; finally turned on edit mode as suggested here and went to Entry Point 45.. wasn't there either.
Bugged.

Maybe the bug has something to do with that the village was infested with bandits when I arrived?

I had the same problem withe a "Looted" village (Charost). I waited until it became accessible again, and couldn't find any "Contact" or "Nervous man".

I found "Entry point 45" in Edit Mode, but the guy wasn't there...

The same for the contact in Plasencia. The village had been looted and then infested with bandits. After that I couldn't find the contact. (When I realised it was Plasencia, the first time I misread Palencia and was looking for him in the castle :oops:)

Some of the Entry and spawn points are pretty messed up or at least very different than in native. It might be possible this problem here has to do with it. So I think some E1200 scripts are using different references or whatever (I have no idea of scripting) than in native. It might be a good idea to test the situation, keep the savegames and post that in the bug thread.... Could be of help for all.

JuJu70 said:
Seems like it is bugged and I am not the only one.
That's odd... I always find my contact.
That's another one of those bugs which some people have, and others don't, for no known reason... :neutral:

I know this thread is 5 years old now but this rely is for anybody looking for help now like me.

Had this problem just now. I put it in edit mode (CTRL + E) went to spawn point 45 and couldn't see anything. Went over to that point and the contact was there but was glitched inside the wall (I could only see his shield on his back) but I could still talk to him.

This might be what is going on with missing contacts and bounties on the game. They are spawning inside the buildings. Perhaps the game developers originally planned to allow you to go inside buildings in villages but changed their minds, resulting in this bug.

Back
Top Bottom