a Harsh Critisizm of TW

Users who are viewing this thread

bbaydogdu

Sergeant
I don't know and understand what the hell is this company doing with their product. I love this game for many reasons. None of those reasons are TW's doing other than the skeleton of the game. All of the fun features that supposed to be in the game like being a simple soldier makes his way trough the ranks (Serve as Soldier mod), custom toop editor (My Little Warband), combat and gameplay features (Realistic Battle AI Mod and Banner Kings) and many more are provided by modders. If I can't enjoy the game without mods than that means you guys totally screwed up. Modders supposed to add fun features to the game not fix it. I can't even choose where to attack or which formation to attack with my troops. What a freaking joke hahahaha. With every new update you people bring some other fun killing issue that modders have to fix. Before updating the game update your own mindset. If you are incapable to make this game how it supposed to be, atleast be honest about it instead of ridiculous explanations such as "We don't want to make it too complicated". Those things aren't complexities for players but maybe they are for your knowledge and capabilities.

If I can't enjoy the game without mods than that means you guys totally screwed up.
The only reason for this is that those mods exist. If there were no mods, you wouldn't be complaining about this, as you wouldn't even think about such features being needed.
By the same token, Bethesda games are perfectly fine, if mediocre, games, but when you compare them to their own modded-out selves they come out as absolute garbage.

The only reason for this is that those mods exist. If there were no mods, you wouldn't be complaining about this, as you wouldn't even think about such features being needed.
By the same token, Bethesda games are perfectly fine, if mediocre, games, but when you compare them to their own modded-out selves they come out as absolute garbage.
Uhm no, every single time I have opened Bannerlord I was completely unable to immerse myself into the world, and thinking "What the h*** is the point of this? There should be so much more stuff here happening, why are so many few looter types, why every lord has 0 interactions, why there is no strategy" and then I look for mods that make the game into an actuallly complete experience. In Skyrim, the first time you play it you can immerse yourself just fine, and hell, even Morrowind with it's horrible dice combat mechanics still built a world so immersive it's actually playable to this day

Uhm no, every single time I have opened Bannerlord I was completely unable to immerse myself into the world, and thinking "What the h*** is the point of this? There should be so much more stuff here happening, why are so many few looter types, why every lord has 0 interactions, why there is no strategy" and then I look for mods that make the game into an actuallly complete experience. In Skyrim, the first time you play it you can immerse yourself just fine, and hell, even Morrowind with it's horrible dice combat mechanics still built a world so immersive it's actually playable to this day
Yeah, it isn't mods which make it clear that there are many things lacking, it's playing the game lol
There still aren't many mods which add a lot of content, most are tweaks to fix frustrating aspects of the game or mods that add items etc. Most promising are Banner Kings and Life in Calradia.

Yeah, wanting the base game to work on the same consoles that warband had to have reduced battles size to work on..... possibly were it all went bad.
What? lol
Which consoles?
The game is being made to work on outdated technology?

I mean if it's a similar thing to making sure it can work on lower end PCs that's understandable. But Why do it for old consoles that people don't buy anymore?

What? lol
Which consoles?
The game is being made to work on outdated technology?

I mean if it's a similar thing to making sure it can work on lower end PCs that's understandable. But Why do it for old consoles that people don't buy anymore?
They want it on ps4, just like all new games also want ps4 too, because it has so many owners, but on ps4 even warband had to have battle size reduced.

This is one of the most ridiculous replies I've ever had. Do you even know why did I start using mods in the first place? I bought the game after years of waiting and started to play. Then I realized the huge lack of immersion just after 2-3 hours of gameplay. You don't need to use mods first to realize those missing features. Even if you played Warband a couple of times you'll immediately realize.

With patches 1.7.X, the game only got worse: starting with a new system for generating battle maps, due to which battles take place constantly on the same boring maps, and ending with a stupid and truncated new system for distributing units among squads... Without solving the old ones game problems that modders solved long ago, the developers continue to create a bunch of new problems... A whole year for nothing...

If I can't enjoy the game without mods than that means you guys totally screwed up.
Yes, I agree with this. With the rest too, but with this in particular.
The "let's get the fans make our game for us" while also failing to offer a decent modding platform to start from is the greatest failing in Bannerlord's development.

Yeah, it isn't mods which make it clear that there are many things lacking, it's playing the game lol
There still aren't many mods which add a lot of content, most are tweaks to fix frustrating aspects of the game or mods that add items etc. Most promising are Banner Kings and Life in Calradia.
Agreed. It's a staggeringly dull gameplay loop. I never play with any mods and the game is obviously boring after a short time.

Last edited:
If there were no mods, you wouldn't be complaining about this, as you wouldn't even think about such features being needed.
Come on! Do you really believe this? I mean I think everyone could come up with the idea of RBM mod, RTS mod or Freelancer mod. The features of these mods are so simple but not everyone knowledgeable enough to code these into the game.

I don't know and understand what the hell is this company doing with their product. I love this game for many reasons. None of those reasons are TW's doing other than the skeleton of the game. All of the fun features that supposed to be in the game like being a simple soldier makes his way trough the ranks (Serve as Soldier mod), custom toop editor (My Little Warband), combat and gameplay features (Realistic Battle AI Mod and Banner Kings) and many more are provided by modders. If I can't enjoy the game without mods than that means you guys totally screwed up. Modders supposed to add fun features to the game not fix it. I can't even choose where to attack or which formation to attack with my troops. What a freaking joke hahahaha. With every new update you people bring some other fun killing issue that modders have to fix. Before updating the game update your own mindset. If you are incapable to make this game how it supposed to be, atleast be honest about it instead of ridiculous explanations such as "We don't want to make it too complicated". Those things aren't complexities for players but maybe they are for your knowledge and capabilities.
I've been harsh to them over the years, you weren't. That's far from a harsh criticism, and to give you some kudos I'll say that I do agree with the NEED of having certain features being an issue with the game so far. But I'll not condone the idea that "modders did all the work, and you suck", they don't suck otherwise there would be no game for anyone to mod. They managed to develop a much better engine of which supports much more modification and detailing than their original M&B and Warband engine did. And that's an accomplishment on itself.
Their issues don't lie with "incompetence" but rather with lack of direction and logistical leadership.

Sure, those things were stuff I was pleading to be added since 2012 when the first teaser came out, if weren't the modders who just got out of puberty yesterday, I would never have thought of those features! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
There's a thing with Game Designing that's quite peculiar, in which I learned during university through practice rather than being taught in class or reading in theoretical texts. This is, however, old knowledge for filmmaking and creative writing, in which you must experiment your creation to allow your creative talent to "FEEL" where it needs to go and what it needs to be rounded. By playing july 2020 version of Bannerlord someone with a knack for gaming would already "feel" that features that come from such mods were already needed to make it feel better and give a stronger immersive dive. So far all vanilla features are incoherent (disconnected) quite unbalanced and kicking ppl off immersion constantly. That's because for some reason their leading designers didn't give any priority to rounding up the core loop of the game and it's general direction/feel, the result's that mods have been filling gaps since it's release and that's not something that should be happening, we're getting mods fixing bugs and mods fixing design flaws... - I reiterate that TW should take a closer look into all mods that deal with design flaws from both BL and Warband, and simply hyperfocus on adding those professionally to the core of the game before releasing it. If done properly, modders will be allowed to dive further into the creative side instead of having 50 steps to fix basics before doing anything interesting. There's a reason why there were so many OST mods for Warband, I hope it doesn't repeat with Bannerlord.

Last edited:
All of that stuff was from popular mods in Warband so all Taleworlds had to do was improve Warband visuals, better ui and add a few mechanics from popular mods and they could've easily had a goty on their hands. But they said f*&k it and did the bare minimum and figured that modders would add fix stuff later. We can argue round and round about how good/bad the game is but I don't think I've ever see anyone saying the game has any depth to it and I think that's what the op's point is.
Arguing about how much depth another game has is pointless.

Couldnt agree more.They dont really care about the game.They dont give a **** about what we say either.They got our money.Its all that matters.I hope some day they will face some competition on the genre.

Inappropriate behavior
The game gets worse with each version, removing the possibility to assign a group to a certain unit in the menu is the worst idiocy I've ever seen.
-snipped-

Edit: snipped inappropriate content.

Last edited by a moderator:
someone pls define "early access"
Early access: a way to release an unfinished game, charge anything you want with the promise that the game MAY become good someday, and not being hold accountable for insulting your fan base and being silent for months. Basically a scam.

Back
Top Bottom