A good way to conquer Rhodok castles?

Users who are viewing this thread

ferroburak

Regular
Hi,
No matter how powerful my army is (an army of 200 with Huscarls, Hired Blades, and Vaegir Knights for the time being with my character level 35, axe user..) I lose many man in conquering Rhodok castles due to sharpshooters and their castles' self defensive structure. What's the best way to conquer these castles(especially Jelkala)? I have more than 20 castles on my faction btw. I consider giving hold position order and alt tab the game to wait sharpshooters run out of arrow but this is somewhat lame.. Thanks.

well a way to conquer almost any castle in the game is take an army of elite archers (preferably high tier vaegir ones) and just walk as far back in the scene as you can as make them hold and fire.

Mekstrom said:
well a way to conquer almost any castle in the game is take an army of elite archers (preferably high tier vaegir ones) and just walk as far back in the scene as you can as make them hold and fire.

This would last hours to conquer any Rhodok castle with a high number of sharpshooters. These damn soldiers shoot and bend to reload their arbalets so they become invulnareable more than half of the time..

I usually send my swordsman to an attack, while they attack the guards who are standing above the ladders the other team which is the archers are shooting at those who are on the walls. To make the process fast I take down all the archers which also keeps most of the swordsman alive. (The archers ignore me as they are busy at the swordsman climbing up)

Try this, might help.

I tried it with a small number of archers, my archers were killed easily as they're not covered. Maybe I should try this with more archers.

Sieging a castle with a huge number of archers would be a crap idea in medieval age,, but anyway worth another try after getting enough archers  :lol:

It's a castle. What were you expecting? Of course it would be harder to defeat an enemy behind walls.

Anyway, try huscarls. Those big shields would stop the bolts and they're more than capable of killing enemy infantry.

Lord Leoric of Wercheg said:
It's a castle. What were you expecting? Of course it would be harder to defeat an enemy behind walls.

Anyway, try huscarls. Those big shields would stop the bolts and they're more than capable of killing enemy infantry.

I don't want to lose 20 huscarls per castle.. Maybe I should tell huscarls to hold position and hope sharpshooters will aim them and conquer the castle myself..

No that would be suiside.
But it is a castle held by a large grupe of spearmen no mater what you do you will lose a ton of men.
But if you want my idea try this. before you go to battle recrute a ton of weak farmers and put them in the top of your party. that will make sure all of the farmer or recrutes are the first ones in the fight and kill a few of the enemy. the enemy will be destracted and you can snipe at the enemy while they are distracted. That is my 2cents.

Cheers
zabar

Zabarman said:
But it is a castle held by a large grupe of spearmen no mater what you do you will lose a ton of men.
But if you want my idea try this. before you go to battle recrute a ton of weak farmers and put them in the top of your party. that will make sure all of the farmer or recrutes are the first ones in the fight and kill a few of the enemy. the enemy will be destracted and you can snipe at the enemy while they are distracted. That is my 2cents.

Cheers
zabar

Sounds interesting.

Zabarman said:

Cheers
zabar
And bring a high number of sharpshooters with you. With melee attack and sharpshooting cooperation you may lose less men.

I only find "easy" to take rhodok castles with rhodok shooters. They can bring some enemy shooters down before getting on the ladder, and their shields are big and can stop some bolts while in melee. You need to wait for the right moments to "hold fire" o "fire at will". In thick formations, rhodok shooters can be a quite effective infantry too.

That assuming you're not laying siege to Almerra. Almerra is hell on earth.

Hmm... With my Lv38 Two-Handed Heavy Shortened Military Schyte user, with about 180 Swadian Knights it was quite easy to conquer those, in maximum difficulty; try doing this  :twisted:
Swadia is the best Kingdom!!!11!!1
Oh, I also used the 9 NPC Stable configuration (http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=36781.0, scroll down the page to the last post; I used the Configuration 1), and most of the NPCs were high-lv (hmm, let's say 30+ ?) using good armour and equipment, and about 5 of them used ranged weapons, so yes, it was quite easy. I had no problem at all dealing with them in both Skirmish and Sieges. Yes, I went through their ranks with horse and everything and no problem at all; remember Swadian Knights use heavy armour, and as I kept running here and there with 180+ soldiers most of the lords kept avoiding me  :roll:

Just try this way; probably's gonna work; if not, try getting a few more companions  :grin:

I went after the Rhodoks from the start and they now only have one castle left[with about 600 soldiers and all the lords in it] and what I found worked well has been a head-on assault with my troops while I stood under the ladder and picked off the sharpshooters with a siege crossbow. Then as soon as the troops clear the way up the ladder I join in, come up behind the mass of soldiers they are fighting[sometimes involves jumping off the wall and taking a little damage] and give the "follow me" command. This usually gets them to encircle the enemy and then fight 'til I'm almost dead and go hide in a corner with my sheild up[yeah, I'm a cowardly lord, but took a Rhodok town of 300 once with 70 men using this method].

Lord Leoric of Wercheg said:

I agree, chances are you're going to lose some men during a seige, but a large number of huscarls has always done the job for me, no matter what faction i try to play as, i always use huscarls as castle attackers, they seem the most efficient

Back
Top Bottom