A file containing details about faction claimants in the files

Users who are viewing this thread

vito397

Sergeant Knight
So theres a file named claimant_characters.xml. It contains details about claimants for each of the kingdoms except the Empire (One Khuzait, one Aserai, one Battanian, one Sturgian and two Vlandians). It has been last edited in 2023, and it was probably also created this year. they have assigned names, voices, age, etc.

This tells us that claimants are pre-made characters that will obviously be dependent on a single quest. I personally don't like this because if the game is meant for a long campaign this basically says that each faction can have a civil war only if the player intervenes. A better solution would be that if a clan becomes powerful enough, it starts a civil war to either secede or overthrow the ruler. However, many players (especially WB veterans) will probably be okay with this.

What are everyone's opinions? Any other spicy content in the files someone found?

Well Im guessing they will introduce claimants when there will actually be a point to put one of them in charge, theres no roles they can assign to you once they are kingdom leader, so no need to bother with their claims. Perhaps they will overhaul the positions/roles of clans in a kingdom, maybe add a proper diplomacy system, and going into barters with fellow vassals to have them support you into a certain role in exchange for gold. Who knows, many good ideas to implement but you cant do things backwards like they did with fog of war. I knew they were adding tavern keeper info like previous game, but it took 5 months for us to be able to properly use the mechanic.

Good catch ! I enjoyed claimants in Warband, especially since the faction changed its banner to that of the claimaint so it was a bit exotic to me. Personally, i will always enjoy premade NPCs you can get to know well and attach to rather than procedurally and randomly generated ones such as current wanderers, but i understand the need to have them for long dynastic games Bannerlord offers.
If player opts for no death though, i would prefer the option for all premade NPCs, including claimants and wanderers in Warband style, only for those kind of playthroughs.

For me I played hundreds of hours in Warband and claimants were always a non factor. I never saw them. Did civil wars happen without the player intervening in Warband? I don't remember seeing any.

Also the idea of a civil war automatically occurring if a faction gets too powerful is too boring and routine. Nothing should have a 100% chance to fire like that.

I like the idea of updating the positions/roles of a kingdom first. Something like the council from CK3. I don't need Bannerlord to try to become CK, but a couple of roles like War Marshal (whoever is this role will automatically take control of any battle they are a part of even if there is an allied army present), Spy Master (idk? maybe something with back alleys and luring clans to defect) and Economic Advisor (taxes) would be cool. Then maybe if those councilors dislike the current legie, they can start something using the claimant.

For me I played hundreds of hours in Warband and claimants were always a non factor. I never saw them. Did civil wars happen without the player intervening in Warband? I don't remember seeing any.

Also the idea of a civil war automatically occurring if a faction gets too powerful is too boring and routine. Nothing should have a 100% chance to fire like that.

I like the idea of updating the positions/roles of a kingdom first. Something like the council from CK3. I don't need Bannerlord to try to become CK, but a couple of roles like War Marshal (whoever is this role will automatically take control of any battle they are a part of even if there is an allied army present), Spy Master (idk? maybe something with back alleys and luring clans to defect) and Economic Advisor (taxes) would be cool. Then maybe if those councilors dislike the current legie, they can start something using the claimant.
I agree on the roles aspect completely. However I wish to clarify. I didn't say that if a faction becomes too powerful it goes into a civil war. I said if a clan becomes too powerful inside a kingdom. So if the dey Arromanc have 30% more influence than Derthert they would wish to overthrow him. This of course isn't some foolproof concept, it's something I made on the spot as an example

Back
Top Bottom