A couple of questions

Users who are viewing this thread

Trueman.

Recruit
Hello.

I've recently started a new game, choosing Antarian background but natural philosophy as my religion. I chose to serve the Antarian Empire. Does this mean I cannot have any faith troops?

Furthermore, I cannot find the chapel option when upgrading my fiefs. I can find school and provincial schools in villages, regional libraries in cities and noble convention halls in both castles and cities. From their description, I assume they have the same function as chapels. Is this true or am I missing something?

Also, I've been playing the game for almost 30 hours. I've racked up 8 towns, 11 castles and 30 something villages. Is it possible to secede from the Antarian Empire while keeping all my fiefs? I don't want to renounce my oath, lose the 8,000 something garrisons and having to recapture all my fiefs.

One more thing, I found a couple of characters in the notes section I wasn't quite sure what to make of, there were at least 10 there, they all had "x has left the realm" in their description. Do they serve any purpose as they seem really interesting and if I played 30 hours of this game without encountering one of them, I'm definitely missing something.

I apologize if I asked any repeated questions, as I failed to find any results on Google. Lord knows I tried.

Thank you in advance.

Hello!

Ok I will do my best to shed some light.

The current version wasn't really meant for serving a faction, so those areas can sometimes get unexpectedly 'quirky'.

I have not played natural philosophy before (because gun wielding Faith troops are a bit pants), but it sounds like you have things right there with the building options.

One issue may be that because you are a vassal, it will take longer to convert enough population to your religion as your Kingdom is a different religion. (But I don't know)

Here is a topic on leaving a kingdom.
50 Ways To Leave Your Liege Lord:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,210097.msg5002061.html#msg5002061

Not sure about the last one, been too long since I played, it may be that they have defected from that kingdom, or have in some way 'died' (by losing all their troops, money, fiefs, or maybe even dead dead) or they are on there way from 'off continent'

You can also search the boards using the search box in the top right corner of the site.

Hope this helps.

LibSpit said:
Not sure about the last one, been too long since I played, it may be that they have defected from that kingdom, or have in some way 'died' (by losing all their troops, money, fiefs, or maybe even dead dead) or they are on there way from 'off continent'
Defecting is unlikely in this. As they will have to go through all 10 factions before finally having nowhere to go (and then leaving).

It is possible for lords to die. It's a small chance and random on each battle, but I had one lord I could not account for in my killing spree, and I am pretty sure he died on his own in this case.

I've recently started a new game, choosing Antarian background but natural philosophy as my religion. I chose to serve the Antarian Empire. Does this mean I cannot have any faith troops?
Yes, you still can have faith troops. In this case, your faith troop will be combat engineer. A very strong close combat infantry armed with a pistol. From my experience, no matter who you are, you can still own faith troop of all factions. The only different is the religion which will decide the name and the equipments, the natural philosophy types are always equipped with firearm.

Furthermore, I cannot find the chapel option when upgrading my fiefs. I can find school and provincial schools in villages, regional libraries in cities and noble convention halls in both castles and cities. From their description, I assume they have the same function as chapels. Is this true or am I missing something?
It's the noble convention hall you want to build in your town. It is actually the chapel. Dont worry, just build everything and it will just work at fine.

Also, I've been playing the game for almost 30 hours. I've racked up 8 towns, 11 castles and 30 something villages. Is it possible to secede from the Antarian Empire while keeping all my fiefs? I don't want to renounce my oath, lose the 8,000 something garrisons and having to recapture all my fiefs.
I am not sure about this. But the diplomacy mod that is included in the mod allow you break your oath and still keep your fief. But you will lose a huge amount of reknown, honor and your ex-liege will immediately declare war on you.

One more thing, I found a couple of characters in the notes section I wasn't quite sure what to make of, there were at least 10 there, they all had "x has left the realm" in their description. Do they serve any purpose as they seem really interesting and if I played 30 hours of this game without encountering one of them, I'm definitely missing something.
They will only appear that if you ask your champelain to find a lord that is outside the realm. Tell him to find one, give him 1 day and a random outlander lord will appear in your court. Talk to him and he will become your vassal. Very useful if you need to bolster your rank fast. Make sure to save before you do this for there are some calculating and pitiless outlander lords. Most of them are martial though.

Back
Top Bottom