'69 Apollo 11 Moonlanding: Staged?

Users who are viewing this thread

Raz

Count
http://video.google.nl/videoplay?docid=-1138935117048624484&q=moon+landing&total=1508&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=1

I'm getting my doubts now. I'm not concluding anything, but I certainly won't exclude the possibility of NASA staging it so they'd win the race.
Please, discuss or debunk the video.

I remember looking into this subject when the fox program came out. The program is a load of bull**** on an epic scale.  I dont have time at the moment to go over all the points but the "no moon landing" crowd makes creationism seem intelligent. It's that stupid.  If this hasnt been dealt with by others in a few days Ill debunk it.

You can make anything sound convincing really. And a lot of people really do want to believe that everything is a lie.
Take a look at the 9/11 thing for instance, looks convincing on it's own but when you put it under rigorous scrutiny it can't stand up.

I'd like some debunking of the video's arguments though. I'm not saying we've never been on the moon, but some are quite.. convincing.

One of the arguments often advanced is "why can't you see the stars?"

The answer is that there is so much light reflected from the foreground they get washed out.  For all the background is dark, they are standing in direct sunlight unfiltered by atmosphere.

These stories are bogus.  I have met a professor who used to work in Arizona bouncing lasers off a mirror the astronauts left on the moon. 
They do this daily, monitoring the moons orbit.  There is absolutely no doubt.

:roll: "the flag flaps without atmosphere"

This is because the gravity is so low that tensions that necessarily exist in the woven cloth are able to overcome the mass of the material and distort it.  No wind required.

SharpFish said:

This is because the gravity is so low that tensions that necessarily exist in the woven cloth are able to overcome the mass of the material and distort it.  No wind required.

Eh? That makes no sense. If that was true then it would've distorted ages ago wouldn't it? You almost make it sound like energy is created from nothing. Tension or no tension, low grav or high grav, if there is no atmosphere then it cannot flap.

Cloth is complex grid held in permanent tension.  The over-under weave means it is always applying tension to itself in many ways.  On earth, 1 gravity and air pressure are MORE POWERFUL than the tiny tiny forces present in the individual threads.  But in very low gravity, with no air pressure, those external forces that are, in effect, "squeezing" the cloth flat are no longer present.  And hence you see distortions, exaggerated around irregularities and imperfections.

SharpFish said:
Cloth is complex grid held in permanent tension.  The over-under weave means it is always applying tension to itself in many ways.  On earth, 1 gravity and air pressure are MORE POWERFUL than the tiny tiny forces present in the individual threads.  But in very low gravity, with no air pressure, those external forces that are, in effect, "squeezing" the cloth flat are no longer present.  And hence you see distortions, exaggerated around irregularities and imperfections.

Is true.  I ask my physics teacher.  He say yes, hombre.

My take on this bull**** is.. Well, self-evident from my last few words.  Of course people landed on the moon - if the US hadn't landed on the moon, the Chinese/Japanese wouldn't have been able to confirm that they had, and I'm pretty sure I remember reading something about a Japanese probe taking photos of the landing site.

welkyn said:
SharpFish said:

Is true.  I ask my physics teacher.  He say yes, hombre.

My take on this bull**** is.. Well, self-evident from my last few words.  Of course people landed on the moon - if the US hadn't landed on the moon, the Chinese/Japanese wouldn't have been able to confirm that they had, and I'm pretty sure I remember reading something about a Japanese probe taking photos of the landing site.

Unless...the Japanese are in it as well!!!!! Ta ta taaaaaa!

yeah i watched a documentray about this few years ago and i havent yet got to a conclusion. anyoine watched that movie (sorry forgot its name) about american staging  landing on mars ?

We...staged a landing on Mars?  You know, for things like that to be effective, the people have to actually have heard of it.  There's really no point in staging a Mars landing if its kept completely secret. 

No, he said "a movie" about a staged Mars landing. And the movie in question would probably be Capricorn One, which was rather boring tbh.

As for the whole fake moon landing thing, bwahahahahahahahahaha!

Skyrage said:
SharpFish said:

Eh? That makes no sense. If that was true then it would've distorted ages ago wouldn't it? You almost make it sound like energy is created from nothing. Tension or no tension, low grav or high grav, if there is no atmosphere then it cannot flap.

You also need to remember that a person put that flag up. Of course its going to be moving a bit because of the motion required to place the flag. The movement required to place the flag subsequently caused the flag to flap and this flapping (caused by merely putting the flag up) isn't as apparent on Earth because of air resistance and higher gravity.

Cool video, but it's not true.

Also, it pissed me off when it does the "im going to commercial" part, and I skip forward to find there was no ****ing commercials. I've done that 3 times already.

I blame DVR.

QuailLover said:
Redcoat - Mic said:
Take a look at the 9/11 thing for instance, looks convincing on it's own but when you put it under rigorous scrutiny it can't stand up.

I was there...it happened

Well, duh it happened.

The problem there is how similar the falling was to a controlled demolition, and how the heat couldn't have melted all the supports in the center of the towers.

Back
Top Bottom