Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Preferred in-game name:BlackamusJones
Steam-login name: FreeCandyInMyVan
Age (There is no age restriction): 24
Nationality: American
Time-zone (GMT -/+): GMT -5
Previous in game experience: Played the original M&B for a while. year or so on and off in Warband.
Do you have a Teamspeak?: Yes
Which section would you like to join? Doesn't matter to me. I do tend to play regular line infantry most, though.

DarkLiberator said:
Preferred in-game name: DarkLiberator
Steam-login name: darkknightdude
Age (There is no age restriction): 17
Nationality: Taiwanese-American
Time-zone (GMT -/+): GMT+8
Previous in game experience: Some. I've also participated in line battles in Battlegrounds 2
Which section would you like to join? Line Infantry

BlackamusJones said:
Previous in game experience: Played the original M&B for a while. year or so on and off in Warband.
Which section would you like to join? Doesn't matter to me. I do tend to play regular line infantry most, though.

Accepted, come into our teamspeak once your free and I shall gave you the information. The IP of the teamspeak is - 176.9.103.48

Gentil said:
DarkLiberator said:
Preferred in-game name: DarkLiberator
Steam-login name: darkknightdude
Age (There is no age restriction): 17
Nationality: Taiwanese-American
Time-zone (GMT -/+): GMT+8
Previous in game experience: Some. I've also participated in line battles in Battlegrounds 2

BlackamusJones said:

Accepted, come into our teamspeak once your free and I shall gave you the information. The IP of the teamspeak is - 176.9.103.48

Thanks for accepting my friends :razz:

Preferred in-game name: Anrovar
Steam-login name: Freddie
Age (There is no age restriction): 23
Nationality: Sweden
Time-zone (GMT -/+): +1
Previous in game experience: Played since Warband, recently started with Napoleonic Wars. Loved it instantly!
Which section would you like to join? Artillery or music corps. Otherwise I like playing roles which are less common. :smile:

Flumburken said:
Previous in game experience: Played since Warband, recently started with Napoleonic Wars. Loved it instantly!
Which section would you like to join? Artillery or music corps. Otherwise I like playing roles which are less common. :smile:

Preferred in-game name:Lord_Jack_Daniels (or Just jack if thats too long)
Steam-login name: Screenname Cyrus, Login name locolanko3g
Age (There is no age restriction):21
Nationality:British
Time-zone (GMT -/+):GMT
Previous in game experience: 51st back in bg2, went to Project reality with them as the 17th then back to bg2 and then mount and musket
Do you have a Teamspeak?: Yep
Which section would you like to join?: I was informed that there was need of a drummer however i am willing to fill any required roles.

Lord_Jack_Daniels said:
Preferred in-game name:Lord_Jack_Daniels (or Just jack if thats too long)
Steam-login name: Screenname Cyrus, Login name locolanko3g
Age (There is no age restriction):21
Nationality:British
Time-zone (GMT -/+):GMT
Previous in game experience: 51st back in bg2, went to Project reality with them as the 17th then back to bg2 and then mount and musket
Do you have a Teamspeak?: Yep
Which section would you like to join?: I was informed that there was need of a drummer however i am willing to fill any required roles.

Gentil said:
Flumburken said:

Changed from Anrovar to Freddie. And Cheers!

Sir Spam Alot said:
I'd like to make a report on a guy called: 42nd_RoF_Viking.
This guy is not within this regiment, but says that he got a regiment and a webbsite and recruits people under the "42nd" tag. As there's already a 42nd (this one) this guy should be told to change hes regiment name.

Here's a screenie of him in-game:
2012-04-29_00001.jpg

I agree, I've seen him a lot on random servers.

Preferred in-game name: Randal
Steam-login name:jmillie
Age (There is no age restriction): 25
Nationality: polish
Time-zone (GMT -/+):gmt+1
Previous in game experience:XW, 42nd (the old one), 6e
Do you have a Teamspeak?:yes
Which section would you like to join? I would be interested in the line infantry. I wouldnt mind playing the light infantry or cav later on as it is something I did in the past in my previous regiments and enjoyed.

Ronek said:
Preferred in-game name: Randal
Steam-login name:jmillie
Age (There is no age restriction): 25
Nationality: polish
Time-zone (GMT -/+):gmt+1
Previous in game experience:XW, 42nd (the old one), 6e
Which section would you like to join? I would be interested in the line infantry. I wouldnt mind playing the light infantry or cav later on as it is something I did in the past in my previous regiments and enjoyed.

Not too sure if you guys are interested or not about the earlier years of the 42nd Highlander regiment of foot in 1740. But I've taken the interest in researching the 'Siege of Castillo de San Marcos'. Castillo de San Marcos is the fort down in St.Augustine Florida- the oldest European city in North America.

In the War of Jenkin's Ear, General Oglethorpe- the Founder of Georgia -was reported about the newly declared war on Spanish Florida, and the statistics of Castillo de San Marcos. Therefore he took the initiative to deploy troops mixed of British Regulars, Colonial Militia, and even 60 men of the 'Old' 42nd Highlander Regiment of Foot (accompanied with a mixture of Native Americans and other troops from the North) stationed in New York lead by Colonel William Palmer.

The 42nd Highlanders didn't personally attack the forts of Castillo de San Marcos, but rather as a small force, killed and took out the defenders in Fort Mose. Fort Mose was a wooden and 'segregated' fort for escaped English African slaves who sought refuge under Spanish Florida. The requirements for the escaped slaves in order to live in St.Augustine, was that they had to be converted into the Catholic religion, swear allegiance to the King of Spain, and become part of the militia.

After the unsuccessful Siege of Castillo de San Marcos, the Spanish took a force in revenge, and wiped out the Highlanders in Fort Mose and burned it all to the ground.

So the Black Watch was in Florida. Interesting, is it not?

References-

http://ufdc.ufl.edu/UF00067352/00001/1j

http://www.augustine.com/history/castillo/castillo9.php#Siege

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Fort_Mose

Preferred in-game name:jock
Steam-login name:bwukted1
Age (There is no age restriction):50
Nationality:scottish
Time-zone (GMT -/+):gmt
Previous in game experience:lots
Which section would you like to join?line infantry

JOCKSPORRAN said:
Preferred in-game name:jock
Steam-login name:bwukted1
Age (There is no age restriction):50
Nationality:scottish
Time-zone (GMT -/+):gmt
Previous in game experience:lots
Which section would you like to join?line infantry

Slytacular said:
Not too sure if you guys are interested or not about the earlier years of the 42nd Highlander regiment of foot in 1740. But I've taken the interest in researching the 'Siege of Castillo de San Marcos'. Castillo de San Marcos is the fort down in St.Augustine Florida- the oldest European city in North America.

In the War of Jenkin's Ear, General Oglethorpe- the Founder of Georgia -was reported about the newly declared war on Spanish Florida, and the statistics of Castillo de San Marcos. Therefore he took the initiative to deploy troops mixed of British Regulars, Colonial Militia, and even 60 men of the 'Old' 42nd Highlander Regiment of Foot (accompanied with a mixture of Native Americans and other troops from the North) stationed in New York lead by Colonel William Palmer.

The 42nd Highlanders didn't personally attack the forts of Castillo de San Marcos, but rather as a small force, killed and took out the defenders in Fort Mose. Fort Mose was a wooden and 'segregated' fort for escaped English African slaves who sought refuge under Spanish Florida. The requirements for the escaped slaves in order to live in St.Augustine, was that they had to be converted into the Catholic religion, swear allegiance to the King of Spain, and become part of the militia.

After the unsuccessful Siege of Castillo de San Marcos, the Spanish took a force in revenge, and wiped out the Highlanders in Fort Mose and burned it all to the ground.

So the Black Watch was in Florida. Interesting, is it not?

References-

http://ufdc.ufl.edu/UF00067352/00001/1j

http://www.augustine.com/history/castillo/castillo9.php#Siege

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Fort_Mose

42nd was in Florida? Thats something new to me.

Yes, indeed!

I am doing a "history document" for the regiment/Gentil which will also contain a bit of the 42nd "Black Watch"'s time in America.

Preferred in-game name: The Green Bastard
Steam-login name:ManTheHarpoon
Age (There is no age restriction): 18
Nationality: Canadian
Time-zone (GMT -/+): EST
Previous in game experience: Just friendly games.
Do you have a Teamspeak?: I plan on getting it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom