2h equip animation for strange sword?

Users who are viewing this thread

I'm not sure if this is the right place, as this problem might be mod related. Playing a mod (it's pretty much diplomacy but with some nice tweaks), problem is when I use the strange sword, and try and draw the weapon, the animation shows the character trying to draw the sword from their back instead of from their side like a normal one-handed/two-handed weapon. I've seen very little discussion about this, and I've searched, believe me! I'm also new to this forum (made an account just to get help with this) so I'm not sure, if it is a mod problem, if this is the right place to discuss it. Please let me know if I need to move this somewhere else!

Thank you all in advance!

Some 2h swords are drawn from the back, also some mods are known for changing the drawn animation for some weapons.

Oh and welcome to the forum. :grin:

Thanks for the reply! However I am well aware there are 2h weapons that have this animation. However as you may or may not know, the strange sword, is a 1h/2h sword, like the bastard sword, meaning you wear it like a 1 handed weapon. I did a little reading, and after a closer look, I'm pretty sure the animation it's using is actually the one that is used for the spear. I read that the messed up equip problems are because it uses the same stab animation as the spear or something. apparently you can edit some file and change this, but that is beyond my abilities. I was hoping there was a mod or some easier way to fix this.

Also worth noting, I'm almost positive now that it is not a mod issue because the sword turns up not only in native, but other mods as well, and they all have the same problem, not just the mod I was using at the time.

I realize this is a long shot, but I don't suppose you know how to fix this? Seems like a complicated problem  :???:

sosaythedice said:
Thanks for the reply! However I am well aware there are 2h weapons that have this animation. However as you may or may not know, the strange sword, is a 1h/2h sword, like the bastard sword, meaning you wear it like a 1 handed weapon. I did a little reading, and after a closer look, I'm pretty sure the animation it's using is actually the one that is used for the spear. I read that the messed up equip problems are because it uses the same stab animation as the spear or something. apparently you can edit some file and change this, but that is beyond my abilities. I was hoping there was a mod or some easier way to fix this.

Also worth noting, I'm almost positive now that it is not a mod issue because the sword turns up not only in native, but other mods as well, and they all have the same problem, not just the mod I was using at the time.

I realize this is a long shot, but I don't suppose you know how to fix this? Seems like a complicated problem  :???:

Yes i know about these swords, but in which mod do you have this problem?

Back
Top Bottom