2016 U.S. Presidential Elections: The Circus Is In Full Swing

Users who are viewing this thread

Why not just tell the SDF (and whichever other 'friendly' groups are holding ISIS PoWs) to kill them all and be done with it?

I mean, I guess there is an argument that each person should get a trial before they get machinegunned, but the world's not perfect. And this is the Middle East we're talking about, and nothing's ever perfect over there.

The Commissar poured the last dregs of the bottle of vodka into a stained tumbler. The simple, polite knock at the door must've happened at least half an hour ago. Not long enough to enjoy a bottle of vodka of its size, but he was not seeking amusement now. Only to steady his nerves. He closed his eyes as he tipped the burning liquid back. On his eyelids, a blurry and confused montage of all the villages he had ordered eradicated by fire played, complimenting the sting of the drink. He dabbed his forehead with his party-issued handkerchief, emblazoned with the sickle and star. He stood, and nearly fell, saved only by a firm grip on the top of his chair. After waiting for the room to steady, he took the few steps needed to reach his office's door. A knock at this hour could only mean one thing for men like him.

Arvenskiy was waiting outside, straight as a rod and stern-faced. If he had any pity, nothing about him showed it, least of all the nonchalant, yet firm grip he had on his holstered revolver.

"Comrade," the old man said. "I thank you for allowing me to compose myself before...before what will happen happens."

"It is a long night," Vasiliy Arvenskiy replied in even tones. "I do not mind being out of the cold for a while before I trudge to another office in the snow."

The Commissar was too dignified to ask for mercy. Maybe if there was a chance of receiving it, he'd have made the petition. But he'd walked into enough offices late at night himself to know better.

He settled for a bit of nostalgia and a gentle rebuke. "I trained you in all of this, Arvenskiy."

The man removed the revolver from its holster. "Yes, Comrade. You trained me very well."

As Vasiliy Arvenskiy pulled his coat tightly around himself to defend against the piercing wind, he noticed for the first time the receptionist in the lobby. She sat at her desk, typing up reports and figures. The only indication that she knew anything at all to be amiss were the streams of silent tears pouring down her cheeks. Arvenskiy turned back to the door. The night was still young.

Back
Top Bottom