2016 U.S. Presidential Elections: The Circus Is In Full Swing

Users who are viewing this thread

Bluehawk said:
Not one day in prison for any of the perpetrators. Only one man was punished at all, with reduction of rank. It was Mattis that dismissed their charges. And then there's the wedding massacre at Mukaradeeb, which Mattis authorized in all of 30 minutes. No investigation, no trial, no accountability. Under Trump, he will only enable other "mission-oriented" madmen to operate unrestrained and unaccountable.
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/jun/19/jury-rules-no-extra-prison-for-marine-who-killed-i/
The squad leader responsible for the Hamdania incident was jailed for seven years. All of the men involved are still felons.
After hours of emotional stories from the battlefield and the home front, a jury of six Marines decided Lawrence Hutchins III, 31, should get no additional prison time beyond the roughly seven years and two months he already served for murdering an Iraqi civilian.
Thursday’s decision came just a day after the same jury convicted him of unpremeditated murder in the 2006 killing in Hamdania, Iraq, and brought an overnight swing for the Marine and his family.
Another Hutchins attorney, Marine Capt. E.J. Skoczenski acknowledged his client made a “terrible, terrible decision,” but said “he’s paid his debt to society, he’s been rehabilitated, there’s no need for any additional punishment.”
Hutchins, of Plymouth, Massachusetts, thought he had already won his freedom after two military courts threw out his murder conviction in a 2007 trial because of legal errors, but the Navy was allowed to retry the case.

The former squad leader told the jury of three enlisted men and three officers Thursday that he acted illegally and made “the wrong choice.” He said he hoped the person he killed would be proud of the man he has become.

Giving unsworn testimony under gentle questioning by one of his attorneys, Hutchins recalled an atmosphere of frustration and steely determination to gain an upper hand in Hamdania in 2006. Shortly before the killing, a local rebel leader was freed by U.S. forces and word filtered to Hutchins that the rebel was taunting the Marines.

“I was a different person. I had ice in my veins. I cannot stress that enough,” said Hutchins, who followed his father and grandfather into the Marines the day after the World Trade Center and Pentagon attacks in 2001, when he was a high school senior.

Prosecutors said Hutchins and his squad planted a stolen AK-47 and shovel near the victim to make him appear to have been an insurgent. They say Hutchins bragged to his squad mates about how they got away with murder.

The defense argued the military inquiry was shoddy and didn’t support allegations that Hutchins and his squad set out to kill Hashim Ibrahim Awad because he was an Iraqi man.

All but one squad mate refused to testify at his retrial. Many have said they don’t stand behind 2006 statements they gave to military interrogators. Some said then that the man was marched from his home and bound with zip ties before being fatally shot.

The six other Marines and a Navy corpsman in the squad served less than 18 months, and Hutchins has been in and out of the brig because of the rulings.
http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/topstories/2007-08-16-408775380_x.htm
"The Marines who had their sentences reduced were not pardoned. They will still have felony records.
"That will follow them for the rest of their lives," Solis said."

That pertains only to Hamdania though.

Everything I'm reading suggests that Mattis was dropping lesser charges for those involved in exchange for testimonies against those charged with murder and manslaughter, and the officer in charge at the time who failed to launch an investigation or notify anyone following the event. It also looks like he would have moved forward on the more serious charges.

From the Washington Post:

Lt. Col. Paul J. Ware, an investigating officer in the case, recommended last year that Tatum not face any charges after finding that he shot people in the houses because Wuterich was doing so. Ware said that although the deaths were regrettable, it is only in hindsight that Tatum's actions can be judged inappropriate.

"LCpl Tatum shot and killed people in houses 1 and 2, but the reason he did so was because of his training and the circumstances he was placed in, not to exact revenge and commit murder," Ware wrote in August. Lt. Gen. James T. Mattis went against the recommendation and sent the case to trial.

Marine officials declined to comment on the dismissal ordered by Lt. Gen. Samuel T. Helland, who took over command of I Marine Expeditionary Forces after Mattis was promoted.

He wasn't even presiding when the Marines who were charged with murder and manslaughter were dismissed...

Thought's on Trump's attack on Lewis? How anyone can say Trump's not racist after his ridiculous tweet saying Lewis's district was 'burning' despite having the commercial center of Atlanta? Literally he just assumed that cause Lewis is black. IMO if he keeps this up he's going to face huge opposition in congress from moderate R's.

Also my HS history teacher posted this earlier today.  :lol:

Idk, would one automatically think because they were a Democrat their district is on fire for some reason? I mean, Idk, maybe. It just seems like an odd presumption otherwise.

If there was any truth to it then this big leak would possibly take away Russia's ability to blackmail because they've already denied having anything on him. Would be too blatant if they actually released the shizzle this report claims they have.
Although I'm guessing there's no truth in it anyway. Would be super weird if there is.

Adorno sorta ninja'd me, I was just going to say that even if there was irrefutable evidence presented - Trump hasn't broken the law and trying oust him based on his sexual preferences, when everyone has been saying how hateful and bigoted he is... well, it'd be a little ironic.

I think it would be more the shouting "I hate black people" that would a problem, before taking a **** and calling it an Obama iirc. I really do find that stuff very unlikely though. I mean how many racists actually just randomly shout that they hate black people?

Oh yeah, I forgot just how much bull**** was alleged, I just meant the sexual stuff as that seems to be the highlight.

TBH, of all the things, I find him coming out of the bathroom and telling everyone he just took an Obama as the most likely to be true element of the whole ordeal. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom