2012 - Our doom year?

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Cow Dude said:
Iirc, they knew of the wheel, but failed to apply it usefully.

EDIT: Google-fu says they didn't have carts, metal tools or pulleys.
They just had piles of wheels but they didn't know what to do with them? And now we are supposed to belive their prophecy...

King of Scotland said:
The Cow Dude said:
Iirc, they knew of the wheel, but failed to apply it usefully.

EDIT: Google-fu says they didn't have carts, metal tools or pulleys.
They just had piles of wheels but they didn't know what to do with them? And now we are supposed to belive their prophecy...

You still are lost. There is no prophecy. They simply divided time into parts and called those parts "ages". They found that each age started with a "big thing" and ended with another "big thing". That's all. They didn't say that the world will end. It's the crazy people that think something bad will happen.

It's not exactly like that.
The thing is based on the way the constellations change as we move through the galaxy. Okay, I'm oversimplifying but whatever.
Anyway, every couple of millenia, we move into another constellation. Or some such crap. Not really sure about it.
I think the Bible has a prophecy that's roughly similar to this one but slightly more vague.

Not the end.
In 2012 will be an sun implosion, and this causes some kind solar storms with strong radiations which can "destroy" the atmosphere and of course, Earth. (a rumor)

Illitheas said:
Not the end.
In 2012 will be an implosion in Sun, and this causes some kind solar storms with strong radiations which can "destroy" the atmosphere and of course, Earth. (a rumor)

2313356652_f2b27826c4.jpg

Hyperion said:
The thing is based on the way the constellations change as we move through the galaxy. Okay, I'm oversimplifying but whatever.
Anyway, every couple of millenia, we move into another constellation. Or some such crap. Not really sure about it.
I think the Bible has a prophecy that's roughly similar to this one but slightly more vague.

You are correct. The ages are related to constellations.

Of course Bible talks about the same thing. The age of Pisces and The age of Aquarius. It's not a surprise. Both the Native Americans and the Bible were fed from the same source (Indians and Chinese too).

I think it had to do with early calendars being based off the stars.
And since everyone was looking at the same almost unchanging sky from pretty much the same perspective for some several thousand years...

Hyperion said:
I think it had to do with early calendars being based off the stars.
And since everyone was look at the same almost unchanging sky from pretty much the same perspective for some several thousand years...

That's the more probable probability.

Hyperion said:
The thing is based on the way the constellations change as we move through the galaxy.
It's not. There's a number of possibilities from Venus' cycles to the solar cycle as it appears at the latitude of Olmec, it's not known which (and interestingly, they didn't come up with the calendar but adapted it from their neighbours). Most of the calendar however can be quite easily made sense of once you realise the Mayan number system was base 20 rather than base 10.

Okay... I don't really get what you are talking about but if I'm correct then - 21.12.2012 happens a "big thing" and we all evolve to next level?  :neutral:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom