2012 - Our doom year?

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone!

As much of us know, the 2012 has been said to be the year when world ends. I recently watched a documental show about crop circles in fields of UK.
The circles were all in Mayan language and stuff like that and predicted upcoming events (eclipse,starts of wars etc.) very precisely.
The scientists  also read out of the circles, that a new era or something will begin at the 2012.

So I ask you, do you belive in that and have you heard something like that too?

I don't know exactly what to belive, I am more of a logical type of person, so for me, world cannot end with just one click and boom...

Waiting for opinions, King of Scotland

King of Scotland said:
Hello everyone!

As much of us know, the 2012 has been said to be the year when world ends. I recently watched a documental show about crop circles in fields of UK.
The circles were all in Mayan language and stuff like that and predicted upcoming events (eclipse,starts of wars etc.) very precisely.
The scientists  also read out of the circles, that a new era or something will begin at the 2012.

So I ask you, do you belive in that and have you heard something like that too?

I don't know exactly what to belive, I am more of a logical type of person, so for me, world cannot end with just one click and boom...

Waiting for opinions, King of Scotland

Acording to my research on this subject, there is no "end of world" type of finding. It's more like "end of humanity as we know it"

Acording to my research on this subject, there is no "end of world" type of finding. It's more like "end of humanity as we know it"
Well that's the end of the world for me, cause when we all "end" then there is no world for us anymore, isn't it.

King of Scotland said:
Well that's the end of the world for me, cause when we all "end" then there is no world for us anymore, isn't it.

The word can do without us :smile:

Well the world ending the year of my 21st birthday maybe a sign  :shock: . I dont not believe, But those calendars and the crazy hobo down the street have been wrong plenty of times before. If anything us humans will likely blow ourselves up before some supernatural force decides to indulge a mayan calender

ancalimon said:
King of Scotland said:

The word can do without us :smile:
The world can do without you for sure.

Bollocks. There is nothing to suggest that the world ends in december of 2012.

The Earth alligns with the sun and the Galactic core every december. Nothing ever happens, because an allignement is nothing to worry about, no mysterious energy is released and no ancient curses are set free. Dracula won't wake up, Imhotep won't come back and Michael Jackson will still be dead. Miley Cyrus, on the other hand, will still be alive.

And there is no Planet X coming to Earth either. If there was a new planet of big dimensions coming to the Earth, we would see it, just as we see Jupiter and Venus, two of the brightest stars in the sky.

It is just like the apocalyptic ideas in the year 1000 A.D. or 2000 A.D.

The thing is though, the Aztecs (I am pretty sure it is an Aztec belief, not Mayan) believed in time having a cyclic nature.  There is no end in a cycle.  Just a bunch of bull****, the world is just as likely to end tomorrow as it would in December 2012.

21st December 2012 is just the point at which the Mayan calendar resets. one cycle ends and the next starts. no apocalypse or anything.

as for crop circles in the UK, it has long been known that they were started by 2 old men who were bored and decided to make a circle in a field. since then, many other groups have made circles of varying complexity including geometric shapes and fractal designs.
and all the equipment you need to accomplish this is a short plank with a rope attached to it at each end (to bend and flatten down the stalks) and a length of string to give the radii of the circles.

King of Scotland said:
Hello everyone!

Nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnno. Whatever you watched, it wasn't a documentary.

pop culture documentaries don't need any factual basis, just a hypothesis and a few people who can keep a straight face while talking about it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoLUklf1NLc&feature=related

Makes a good story but ,come on seriously? :???:
Call me ignorant,but is this 2012 thing like the 1000th time somebody said the world was going to end?
Apocalypse,Epidemics,Global warming etc etc

Ah well,you know what they say...
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted."

:mrgreen:

Well yes, I understand you all and that's why I made this thread, to get clearer with my mind. And yes, I know that people have predicted the world's ending many,many times. Actually the biggest belief that the world will end was at the 10th centurt where people didn't even build any big buildings or anything because they thought it will all end on the year of 1000 A.D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom