1860s - PROBLEMS, suggestions....& Solutions, even from you, if possible!

Users who are viewing this thread

i have this problem where all breech loading rifles are held as swords and pistols, they reload fine, but they are held like the pistols.
Any help would be appreciated.

rayout
Thx for offering to help me! Keep in touch, I will surely use ur help!
Next version will be 1860s 0.99f and will really be amazing!
I fixed many things and even added some more....and eventually will get some promised work done by some Helpers... :wink:

dudesw50bmg
I fixed ALL that, and much more, in 0.99f version!  :wink:

Gab

Well, I cant wait for 1860s 0.99f :grin:
Yeah, I will keep in touch if you ever want that work done :grin:
Also, I have a lot of ideas for mercenary troops, if you are interested I can post them :smile:
Also, I want to make a video series on this mod, is it compatible with Battletime? (and am I allowed to do a video? :smile: )

Hailmyself:
Wrong Topic, so I moved it here.
Anyway...I did many changes already, and cannot make much more.... :wink:
Hail Myself said:
Things that i want in next version:
+ In Regular Army has Flag Carrier.
+ Add Gatlin Gun.
+ Enemy could use Cannon (or Gatlin Gun) in Defend Fortress.
+ AI improve for Enemys and Friends (No more face to Wall).
+ More clothings and uniforms (I has become Lord of 2 Fortress but still look like an Farmer).
+ Have trenches when been attack while army waiting (or sleeping).
*Why not make Wiki in this forum about every thing in mod ??? (Generals, Weapons, Faction, v.v...)
I know this is to much to ask but that what i wish for next version.

rayout
VIDEO????  :shock: :shock:
HAH! ...I should ask JOE if I am wrong,.... but I think that already a dozen of ppl PROMISED Vids and then....never got one!  :twisted:
Ok, I trust and count on U sure...it would be great!
Atm, U can already choose some best musics and sounds FROM the MOD itself, and play them while U slide some scenes that we all posted in screenshots Topic.
Start with the Main Title (1860s Old America, Mod for M&B WBand by Gabrilduro and his Bunch) and then slide from Main Menu Title, Char creation....and the many different pics that we all made...and urs.
What do U think?
Then, when U will play and make a good vid of next 0.99f version, U can make a real and good Tutorial, from step ONE ahead! 
I will  have some very important advises, though! :wink:
Gab

Will do SAH!

Okay new problems and suggestions:

1. Some of the scenes are impossible to fight in. Theres too many trees that dont affect NPCs but annoy the hell out of players :smile: This is my personal opinion but yeah.

2. Probably very hard to program, but maybe instead of the weird pop down guns and hand shot cannon balls, you could program movable cannons with hire able weapon crews so you can have three main troop types: Artillery, Infantry and Cavalry. It would really provide a great strategic potential for armies.

3. Ammos??? :grin:

4. There is not enough difference between ammo types. Ive seen Cheap Ammos and Best Cartridges that have the same + damage.

5. Is there a reason that some towns have capital letters? It is really weird...

6. I think that this mod would work well with Diplomacy :smile:

7. When I attacked "Hunting Territory" I got "Cannot find buffalo_norm" error

8. In the in game chat log thing (I dont know what to call it), you know, that thing you get news in I got: SCRIPT ERROR ON OPCODE: 1641 Invalid Party ID: 504; Line No : 181: At script: party_set ai_state At script: party_set ai_state

Thats it for now :smile:

rayout said:
Will do SAH!

Okay new problems and suggestions:

1. Some of the scenes are impossible to fight in. Theres too many trees that dont affect NPCs but annoy the hell out of players :smile: This is my personal opinion but yeah.

2. Probably very hard to program, but maybe instead of the weird pop down guns and hand shot cannon balls, you could program movable cannons with hire able weapon crews so you can have three main troop types: Artillery, Infantry and Cavalry. It would really provide a great strategic potential for armies.

3. Ammos??? :grin:

4. There is not enough difference between ammo types. Ive seen Cheap Ammos and Best Cartridges that have the same + damage.

5. Is there a reason that some towns have capital letters? It is really weird...

6. I think that this mod would work well with Diplomacy :smile:

7. When I attacked "Hunting Territory" I got "Cannot find buffalo_norm" error

8. In the in game chat log thing (I dont know what to call it), you know, that thing you get news in I got: SCRIPT ERROR ON OPCODE: 1641 Invalid Party ID: 504; Line No : 181: At script: party_set ai_state At script: party_set ai_state

Thats it for now :smile:
I agree with you.
Anyway most of these issues will be fixed in the next version...
I was suggesting the same thing about artillery! :mrgreen:

Good ideas, but the most is impossible for non-coders.  :wink:

rayout said:
Quote from: rayout on April 14, 2013, 06:15:52 PM

But I thought the makers of this mod were coders???

You should add freelancer so that people can actually choose to fight, not control but fight in the union of confederate armies

Mmmhh....this is not a Box for Desires.....
And Harlef just meant that people that ARE not Coders and DO not know if things are possible or not, should post more carefully... :twisted:
Also, I said many times that I DON' T want to add too many things in the mod....please read all Topics and previous posts before commenting, or it will always be a repeatition of the same things over and over.... :neutral:
Anyway, I did some things already in new 0.99f version...

Gab

Can you help me ?

KeyserSoze said:
Hi,

My english is a crap, but i hope you will understand.

There is 4 slots for weapons. If my companions have 3 items (for example rifle, bullets and knife) everything is OK. But when im trying to give them fourth item (for example pistol), this item disappear.

For example:
My companion has 3 items.
I open his equipment and add 4th item - he has 4 now.
Turn off the equipment. And open again - he has 3 items again. 4th item, which i added disappeared ;/

Gabrilduro,do you think of adding a new artillery engine to the mod like in Secession mod or like in the NW?And a unit number  controller for MP in the mod would be awesome,I think. :smile:

KeyserSoze said:
Hi,

My english is a crap, but i hope you will understand.

There is 4 slots for weapons. If my companions have 3 items (for example rifle, bullets and knife) everything is OK. But when im trying to give them fourth item (for example pistol), this item disappear.

For example:
My companion has 3 items.
I open his equipment and add 4th item - he has 4 now.
Turn off the equipment. And open again - he has 3 items again. 4th item, which i added disappeared ;/

At first some basic things...
Please do not make double posts.
Wait some time. Not everyone is 24/7 in the forum  :wink:
If no one is answering it didn't mean they want to bother you, it means no one of these who read had a solution.

With which of your companions do you have this problem? Is it just Mick ****? Or also the others. He is handled someway different as the others. If you think you have "loose" some items on him make following and take all items from him:
-go on Party Menu
-Talk with Mick ****
-go on see equipment
-take what you want
-Return
-go again on see equipment
-take what you want
You have to do this multiply times till you can get everything. Test a bit around with this and you will find out how this will work. You just need to equip him one time. Also if next time you open his equipment some slots are empty, in the next battle he will be always fully equipped.

This kind of problem should also appear at Mick **** and these other strange companions like Bandit leader, Csa Cav Officer or Mexican Officer.

Thx Tox as always for being all over and trying to help!  :wink:
Mickdick was probably the problem on some issues like that....so I just decided to remove him and retire him as a hero, but rewarded Old Mick as a Merchant, at least... (sorry Mick, hope U ll apreciate anyway...  :twisted: )

I also deleted the new unuseful Topic  :roll: .... with one request:

MountAndBlade44 said:
When i download the fule theres nothing in the file can i get a alternite download link also it says its corrrupt Thanks sorry if its somewere and i didint see it
Answer from Toxic :If you have problems try to use a download manager. Are you using Firefox? Had heard that the "new" download manager of Firefox is making some problems. For Firefox I have this plugin "DownThemAll!" installed. Often download servers are cutting the connection for a few milliseconds and a common download can't reconnect.
If you download it from nexus you have multiple mirrors to choose.

About CANNONS and special codes, I tried many already and had lots of problems, before.....I do not know how and if HARLEF can help me on that, according to the limits that my Mod has...but old good Harly already sent me some coding (see last Orders & Formations) that worked just great, so I have good hopes !!!!!!!  :razz:

And yes, MURAT, Multiplayer in 1860s is a lot of fun already, and Cannons and the new Scenes that I made could make it even better...but no promises....

Gab

Haha, I heard that he had talked about the time after the wars with his blood brother Crombs about the life after the war.
Now I know where he is gone when loosing too much battles. He is fighting battles where his bowie or his revolver can't help him out. This old reckless trapper has a nice wife  :mrgreen:

Good thing Mickdick is removed... I had trouble with him too. I made him a lord of a fort, and never showed up, so I had to appoint a second person to the fort.
Plus, when I enter that fort... it says Mickdick is my WIFE?  :shock:

Back
Top Bottom