1860s - PROBLEMS, suggestions....& Solutions, even from you, if possible!

Users who are viewing this thread

stevegodwinson said:
Hi, um... my problem?
You got your answer...
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,200924.msg5590360.html#msg5590360
stevegodwinson said:
EXACT LINK IS I THINK: http://rs790p6.rapidshare.com/cgi-bin/rsapi.cgi?sub=download&fileid=2025753917&filename=1860s_Old_America_v._0_81.7z&dlauth=7109677F663F0F8B7BA5D314DD6D1AF66F9F1850F52121322C563BBC050956254B8B45EF1DBEA831D46EEBB0DAD8FA25DA4839F4C539B662C5785C978C62715BC78FDD0F0C7992A6A3AE1BFAC0DCCBE226C390B11DCE39CA78FE0B53474812A3C4803B25A302B0C2EEEE78EEE3CF715C
Please help me I really need this mod. I'm writing an epic poem about the civil war and I need to learn about the era to sort of get a first hand experience of the war.
Please help.

...no time sorry...
Use those ones:

OLD last "unfinished" version: 
-- DOWNLOAD --
new 1860s OLD AMERICA v.0,81
http://mountandblade.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=3500#content
or
http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=3500

...or here: (thx to Bambarbio  :wink: )
https://rapidshare.com/files/2025753917/1860s_Old_America_v._0_81.7z

[size=18pt]

...or become a true Gabrilduro s Supporter, do all things you are supposed, and then candidate to become a Tester for the New 0.90 version.  :wink:
Gab
Gab

welcome you comeback. gab

i like mod 1860. and i have some things:
you know mod 1257 dev. i sure you know it.

i hope apply some from 1257:
- when me die. battle continue.
- huge battle with 99 respawn until one faction defeated.///// and when besign: more 600 kill enemy -> restart and besign again. 600 kill or more. it is depend amount troops two faction in battle.

with gun in battle. huge battle is very nice.
thanks.

gigagets said:
welcome you comeback. gab

i like mod 1860. and i have some things:
you know mod 1257 dev. i sure you know it.

i hope apply some from 1257:
- when me die. battle continue.
- huge battle with 99 respawn until one faction defeated.///// and when besign: more 600 kill enemy -> restart and besign again. 600 kill or more. it is depend amount troops two faction in battle.

with gun in battle. huge battle is very nice.
thanks.

There is a easy solution for that that doesnt involve making so much problems for Gab.

Check this out:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=103109.0

It allows you up to 1000 people at once on the battlefield (use only if you have the strongest computer possible ,and doesnt mean it can run even then :lol: ).

Sorry to be a ****, but none have you have fixed or advised on how to fix my error. Please step me through it. I really want to play this game.

stevegodwinson said:
Sorry to be a ****, but none have you have fixed or advised on how to fix my error. Please step me through it. I really want to play this game.

I read your post and i have no idea what your problem is so i cant help you.

I can try with how i understood it, you dont like that you start as a indian?

you have normal clothes in your inventory so you can put them on and sell the indian clothes for money.

Plus there is normal clothes to buy in town markets if you dont like the one you have.

If you want a uniform, earn cash to buy one.

If something else is the problem try again in explaining it please?

The indian thing you start with is made so because the game is REALLY hard at the start, and indian stuff offers great protection for low price.

Reason for Indian clothes having high armor you can find in the FAQ topic (plus a lot of other great answers too) but ill copy it here too:

To represent the terrible effect that FEAR had on white people when attacked by indians, which couldn't be made in a different way....but had to be represented because WAS there! Aiming, reloading, no panic behavior, were VERY difficult in a SUDDEN indians ambushing attacks.
But also, in order to offset the damage that is caused by the muskets. "Eastern" indians were massively armed by European factions, in change for their fighting in French Indian war (see The Last of Mohican movie the many muskets those indians had!!) But, besides those tribes, remember that most Indians only gained a rifle 2 ways: Killing a person with said weapon or through trade, so in order for Indians to survive an attack and create an "ambush/TERROR" like setting, the team wanted the items to have a higher armor. If not, the Indians as a faction would be very weak and most likely be overrun in a short time.

dit is hou ek verstaan.

The cherokee you control in the beginning is not an indian at all, but just a skin? To change from him you must buy different clothese to make him {white?) like the character designed before. Weapons the same. The tomohawk is a skin as is replaced when you buy a rifle.

That seems very silly,but I'll give it a try. I'll check back when I can.

Peace negbros!

UPDATE: I tried what you said, yes it's just a skin. Once I sell the Indian head it reverts to the face I created in the character setup. I should've given that a chance, but anyway thanks. I just hope the rest of the game remains true to realism and the civil war.

Thanee Sai

Why would it be silly? 

Also not a feature of this mod, can be done in any mod or the original:

You can go to the "character" tab any moment in game and change your skin color, hair , hair color and all that, just by clicking on your face there. And change your name by clicking on that in the character part.

EDIT:

And all is limited in some ways by the original game, im not a part of the team and have no experience in modding so dont know what the limitations are but i dont expect them to do wonders and i appreciate what they do for me and all that for FREE, asking only for suggestions how to improve and help testing (this mod is still not done and always improves)

Something else i encountered during the game was during the spy mission for Jefferson Davis (when spy leaves and you have to follow to the extraordinary travellers, or something like that) when i get to them it crashed my game, ill try to do the mission again and see if it was just my problem but another thing is that in the first mission we get to find the merchants brother when i go to kill some of the bandits and leave one knocked out i can't do it like in the original mount and blade i could stab all of them but the last would be knocked out no matter what but in 1860's i killed all of them and now have a quest that cant be ended or quit, and I'm sure some of the problems I'm talking about have been fixed allready but in case they haven't I'm still going to talk about them, another is some items don't load when buying at the marketplace, prisoners can be taken over the limit i or prisoners, also i think the morale for troops is allways too good because when i only paid my men 1/3 of their money their morale was still excellent.

And some aesthetic stuff. In the new version id like to see all the major generals like Robert E Lee, Ulysses, Pickett, Chamberlain, Jackson and all those important people. Also if for some reason you cant put those generals in there could you add a white hair option like if i set my age almost all the way down its white so i can recreate Robert E Lee, or make it so red hair turns white in middle age like it usually does.

These are just minor problems but still I'm sure they would help the game if fixed

Other than these problems the game is perfect and I'm enjoying every piece of it, its been fun building up my southern army, but i nearly got wiped out by a union army

Please improve clothing..some of them look like they were made in Paint.
Give more attributes to clothes..for example gloves to have +2/+3/+4 to body armor...All of them have +2,it's not fair :grin:
Same for hats and boots...more diversity.
And more units to recruit from taverns...I go to a guy to hire him and he's alone or has max 2 guy acommpanying him...

Posted by: mjtackett64
Thx for comments and compliments. That is fixed in new version 0.90!! :mrgreen:

Posted by: WarbandLover117
-TONS of stuff in new v. 0.90 (I cannot even assign them all to troops...too many!)
-It s meant to have few ppl at a time...but you can go to some special hidden places in the North...and in the West, and find troops to hire....for FREE!  :eek: (...most ppl never played around the whole map...and never found those places... :twisted: )

Gab

GABRILDURO said:

-TONS of stuff in new v. 0.90 (I cannot even assign them all to troops...too many!)
-It s meant to have few ppl at a time...but you can go to some special hidden places in the North...and in the West, and find troops to hire....for FREE!  :eek: (...most ppl never played around the whole map...and never found those places... :twisted: )

Gab

Thanks for  the quick reply...awesome :smile: Can't wait for the new version :!:
Btw,the mod is supercool and i hope you'll release many versions  :smile:

GABRILDURO said:

Gab

Good to know i thought they would be i just thought it put them out there just in case, keep up the good work. :grin:

Got a small problem,I'm not sure if it's a mod bug or something from my game...
In the beggining of the game if when I chose to go to the city of Albany it crashed right after...tried 3 times and got only crash game then I quit and chose other city to start whith.

PS:Also don't know if it was metioned before..I can't find search button for this topic.

WarbandLover117 said:
Got a small problem,I'm not sure if it's a mod bug or something from my game...
In the beggining of the game if when I chose to go to the city of Albany it crashed right after...tried 3 times and got only crash game then I quit and chose other city to start whith.

PS:Also don't know if it was metioned before..I can't find search button for this topic.

For some reason going to Albany leads to crashing, so just never pick that one, that is the only solution for now sadly.

Honestly, just, a bigger map. I had alot of fun playing this mod but I felt very limited because of the small map size and small amount of factions.
If we could have a Map the size of the one for your 1776, or even bigger---I'd ask for nothing more. 

Sir_Train said:
Honestly, just, a bigger map. I had alot of fun playing this mod but I felt very limited because of the small map size and small amount of factions.
If we could have a Map the size of the one for your 1776, or even bigger---I'd ask for nothing more.

:shock: ???
1755/1776/1860s have all the same size map---- :eek:
It is just that 1776 has more towns and villages and tons of factions.
But honestly, that is a big problem on the general handling of the game, as a modder, I mean....
And I will not face such a fatigue ever anymore... :oops:
I m sure you ll love 1860s anyway
Thx for compliments  :wink:
Gabby
PS...just be sure to have your Supp Sig working, though, please....if you click it, nothing happens.... :mrgreen:

Hey there,
  Congrats! Your mod is really awesome and i have a great time playing it.

Now, today my game keeps crashing when it loads(before i get to the main menu). There aren't any error messages, there's just a window saying that M&B has stopped working.
I used to get errors every time I ran the mod for the second time but after I followed the steps you said (Don't take the caravan to albany, after the 1st quest save and exit.....) and i had no errors since then.
Any ideas what is causing this goddamn crash?

I tried that too when you crash and it says it doesn't work.

What version do you have? Cuz i had 1.143 and upgraded to 1.153 and it disapered. Just try to upgrade or downgrade to any version if u can. If it doesn't work i can't help :sad:

Back
Top Bottom