1755 gameplay

Users who are viewing this thread

SirPumpkin said:
Well, I started playing today and am about to BANG George Washington's DAUGHTER!

If that doesn't makes me an expert, I don't know what does!

Can we say bang in the forum?  :???:
...well...I have to say this was actually very funny!  :mrgreen:
And yes you can say BANG, we adult understand what you mean  :twisted: ... even if kids may just think you shot her!  :smile:
That said, this was supposed to be serious, cuz I really need to know how many ppl play Mods in a deep and total way, see?
Cuz it may be not the case to put so much effort and work in Mods if most of players just dwld, play it for a while and then just leave it, without even knowing/playing the majority of special issues in them.... :???:
Then I might decide to just go for some kind of MINI- Mods, instead, where only Outfits, Weapons and few more issues are modified and that is it.
Or even just Custom Battles with period era customs.....
See, a MP Mod is much less work to prepare (even if is a lot of work to keep a track of the Server, Regiments, etc etc). But a well done SP Mod is a HUGE Modding job, and may be is not worth the effort.

Gab :wink:

GABRILDURO said:
See, a MP Mod is much less work to prepare (even if is a lot of work to keep a track of the Server, Regiments, etc etc). But a well done SP Mod is a HUGE Modding job, and may be is not worth the effort.

Gab :wink:

I don't appreciate your tone, good sir. You sound not-excited about my expertise... ness?

To even aggravate my pain, George Washington's daughter is sucking me dry - on the bad way, by demanding FOOD for GUESTS!

So, in protest to said facts, I decided to rebel, and created HIM:

16leqac.jpg
any similarities with the pirates of the caribbean franchise is merely coincidential and out of the creator's wet dreams, don't sue us

Either way, jokes aside, I have some (bad) experiences with game designing, my graduation project was a demo in UDK, and I also did it alone. The only thing I learned from that is: You don't do it without a team. So yeah man, take a break, get a schedule for your modding times, convert to a new religion, start killing people for a hobby, etc, if the game is pushing you, just relax and do it at your own pace!

What I can say for certain though, is that I spent the whole day downloading and playing mods and yours is the one I go back to the most, so yay!  :grin:
(I'd blame the fact that I now own an arquebus as well, can't stop BOOMing!)

Oh what a fun game i suddenly stumbled across this.
All I know is started with a Wolfy and some Native beside me hootin and shooting the crap out of distant bandits trying to harm us! yay!
Later I meet George Washington with a band of Red Indians under his command :grin: *what an honour*
The whole atmosphere so so tight and so much different than the classic Mount&Blade just wonderful!

Im not a expert and only spent a gentle few hours (more to come)so far but I made a random list of I just noticed:

(1)The game is very easy because of many too easy exploitable things.(Mostly unbalanced items and game mechanics--Native too)
(2)The game can be very frustrating (hard) especially when Questing or having a long long battle and you dont get to continue when randomly hit in the head by a arrow or musketball (make rest of your army charge or continue orders)
This is game is mostly about range fights and less about melee right? so the randomness plays a lot of tricks on you

Native Items out of context purchase able : for example "Sarranid Guard Armor" and many more with high stats or STR requirements and such ( there are many very good Native items that look silly and have high stats and are cheap)

Duplicate named Items with different stats and functions : Starter "Frontier Pistol Pair" Accuracy 50 and has no BASH, Same Item at shop has Accuracy 49 and BASH

Inconsistent Musket and Rifle stats :
Long spectrum of damage range from 27 up to 110 ?
Example the short "Jaeger Rifle" so good!

Pistol to Musket comparison : unbalanced in terms of damage and accuracy .
Pistols especially the better ones make for a musket

Ammunition : Large Bag of Best Cartridges has (17) but my starter Bag of Best Cartridges has (25) !

Unit upgrades : Hessen Jager Mercenary (level9) upgrades to a Hessen Grenadier Mercenary (Lvl2) that costs even less weekly

Some Units have Weapon Profiencies like 520 : ? on purpose
Companions have stats on very high values or all of them almost maxed out

Belligerent Drunk in Tavern has over 250-300 Health Points it seems? (I want some of that whiskey man!)

Farmers Quest : Bandits dont attack you when you help Farmers, Farmers usually get half stuck in the walls and palisades anyway.

To open a door in a scene i have to smash the "Destructible object" - Farmers Quest to make way to go out

Throwing Knives would benefit if you could switch them to Knive Mode if needed ( tournament )

A Currasier Armor weighs 320 units
A generic Officer Armor weighs 55 Units
A pirate or Scotlander or lesser Armor of same stats weighs around 5 units??
Even a officer Boot is around 30 units

No way I mean to criticize this great piece of work but then I cannot sit still here knowing you are waiting for some Input of us and do like I didnt hear it

My advice as a designer for boardgames to you - work more on finishing your game mechanics and let the fancy items and graphics develop in between. People want to enjoy a game and not a overwhelming half working sandbox.

Sometimes less is more you know  :grin:

Hah!  :razz:
....have to say you 2 guys up above had a great and funny way to say things and point some things out in a civil way!!  :cool:
Most of things said are true and known, but I cannot change the state of them at the moment....I will see in the future.
Glad you had some fun, in some way, in anycase!
...and that your criticism was so civil.
.....have to show this to a "great friend of mine"  :twisted:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,227195.0.html

Gab

PS I made this a Split Topic on its own, though  :wink:
PS bis ...I will use that Pirate Pic to make a new "different " Supporter pic !!  :cool:

Hahahah I got freaked out when I discovered I 'made a new topic' and thought I pressed the wrong button.

But yeah bro! Feel free to use the image! And like everyone said, trolls will be trolls, dude didn't even bothered to notice that the mod is still under construction.

yeah, i have similar experience with this mod - plus, what i find little off, is used naming convention for certain stuff,especially native items - having item Indian Hands or Indian Body makes me feel like a Hanibal Lecter of 18.century, i believe it could be named better, like indian dress of some sort.. also certain item pictures are off, its quite hard to tell what item is what, especially pistols, which are portrayed as sticks i would nobody tell are guns.. which si surprising as there are already some pistols (those defensive ones) that looks normally.

Dont get me wrong, i dont want to be negative, this whole mod idea is very good, but i think it needs some polishing to shine.

Back
Top Bottom