SP Medieval 1429: The Hundred Years War

Users who are viewing this thread

It's the mural. Go and look at that, then it should prompt some text, then talk to the scribe and go where the coat of arms leads. But bring a torch (buy from tavern) and when you find the village elder who can tell about history, don't talk him from the main menu. You need to bribe him from the go to village center scene or the next scene behind the wall you can see from the village won't prompt.

magitsu said:
It's the mural. Go and look at that, then it should prompt some text, then talk to the scribe and go where the coat of arms leads. But bring a torch (buy from tavern) and when you find the village elder who can tell about history, don't talk him from the main menu. You need to bribe him from the go to village center scene or the next scene behind the wall you can see from the village won't prompt.

Yeah, made it that far, but can't figure out where to go after the village. Yes, glad I had the torch. The book I found seems to direct me back to the Monastery at Orleans, but ... nothing.

OldGreyBeard said:
Yeah, made it that far, but can't figure out where to go after the village. Yes, glad I had the torch. The book I found seems to direct me back to the Monastery at Orleans, but ... nothing.
Ok, you've read the book. Wait until its midnight and then that scribe inside the library won't be there. The previous dialogue might have hinted that he does indeed sleep.  :shifty: Then just go to the mural and you can activate it to enter the stairway down behind it.

magitsu said:
Ok, you've read the book. Wait until its midnight and then that scribe inside the library won't be there. The previous dialogue might have hinted that he does indeed sleep.  :shifty: Then just go to the mural and you can activate it to enter the stairway down behind it.

Thanks much! I'm pretty slow at picking up subtle hints like that. :roll:
Somehow, I'd written him off as a part of the quest. :facepalm:

OldGreyBeard said:
magitsu said:

Thanks much! I'm pretty slow at picking up subtle hints like that. :roll:
Somehow, I'd written him off as a part of the quest. :facepalm:

Have you got to the plague infested vilage part in the rebels questline? That can be a bit hard too. Iron Skulls 3rd mission Siege of Quintin is also a bit hard to figure out, but boy it's a rewarding one once you do.

magitsu said:
Have you got to the plague infested vilage part in the rebels questline? That can be a bit hard too. Iron Skulls 3rd mission Siege of Quintin is also a bit hard to figure out, but boy it's a rewarding one once you do.

Got the rebels questline finished, now French Lord. The Iron Skulls hate me, so I'll probably have to start a new game. Rebel quests were a lot of fun!

Got a question here...
played through the rebels quest line until becoming a french knight, then went to see Jeanne la Pucelle.
Did her first quest (had to fetch her a sword), when I turned it in I think she said something like "are you ready to follow me on one last assault" or something...
well, i think I turned her down for now, had to replenish troops etc., thought i could take it up some time later.
Well, a while later, I return to her.... nothing. No new quest. Sadly, no proper old save game, too.

Did I screw up my campaign? Did I miss anything? Is it over already? Any hint would be welcome!

magitsu said:
OldGreyBeard said:
I'm still very confused on this quest. I have attempted multiple times and always get stuck after discovering the fresco and going to the village with the castle. I'm not sure what to do after this point, I see the fireplace in the castle, can't find anything else on the map at any time of day, and I try different times at night but the monk in the monastery is always there. This quest truly stumps me.  :???:

Hi There! French Knights / Lancers, English Longbowmens or Burgundy Duke Guard.  :grin:

I'm trying to get in contact with the author of this masterpiece mod, 1429: La Guerre de Cent Ans.

He his nicknamed FantasyWarrior.

We all know already that his mod is excellent and finely polished. (Sounds, Graphics, Hitorical Backgroud & research).

I dunno if you all know about the latest problems our genius FantasyWarrior encounter over the Internet. It seems he gets bullying over the jeuxvideos.com french forum. IMHO, we, fans of his work, should sustain him and recognize his efforts.

So I think we should show him some gratitude.
I have some ideas in mind including crowdfunding.

But first I need to get in touch with the damn guy  :roll:

So if you have some info on him; mail address or something, please PM me.

And about his decision to quit everything 1429 related, I think we should respect him, that's a lot of efforts & hard work he puts for the community.

Thanks.  :cool:

Well, I used to send him PMs here, but he has been inactive for a while. I didn't know about that sort of problem, but his behaviour concerning the sub-mod(which was officially endorsed by him some time ago) was a bit...erratic. Of course, if has troubles of that sort, it might explain this sort of thing.  :sad:

1429 is an amazing mod, work of love. I don't know why anyone would belittle such a creative man.

[REDACTED] said:
Well, I used to send him PMs here, but he has been inactive for a while. I didn't know about that sort of problem, but his behaviour concerning the sub-mod(which was officially endorsed by him some time ago) was a bit...erratic. Of course, if has troubles of that sort, it might explain this sort of thing.  :sad:

1429 is an amazing mod, work of love. I don't know why anyone would belittle such a creative man.

https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,373552.315.html

Just to clarify about the submod, we don't have any issues with FantasyWarrior nor were we amongst those that belittled his work (quite the opposite) nor did we steal his mod. He wished to remove his work from the internet as a middle finger of sorts for the people that harassed him and the existence of a submod was a bit problematic. We've discussed it with him on many occasions and he has granted us permission to continue our work on the mod if we did so under a new name that isn't 1429 La Guerre de Cent Ans. He made clear this mostly goes against his wishes to remove all his work but allowed us to continue and for that we're thankful. We'll make a new thread when the time is right and we want to make sure FantasyWarrior is fine with what we have to show.
Take care gents.

Seek n Destroy said:
Just to clarify about the submod, we don't have any issues with FantasyWarrior nor were we amongst those that belittled his work (quite the opposite) nor did we steal his mod. He wished to remove his work from the internet as a middle finger of sorts for the people that harassed him and the existence of a submod was a bit problematic. We've discussed it with him on many occasions and he has granted us permission to continue our work on the mod if we did so under a new name that isn't 1429 La Guerre de Cent Ans. He made clear this mostly goes against his wishes to remove all his work but allowed us to continue and for that we're thankful. We'll make a new thread when the time is right and we want to make sure FantasyWarrior is fine with what we have to show.
Take care gents.

Exactly

but, hmmmmm, sorry but the mod is not in osp anymore  :neutral: 
it's not possible to create a sub_mod, or use the ressources.

I'm....sorry.

Here is the reasons (for ex this forum....)
http://www.jeuxvideo.com/forums/42-29786-59063911-1-0-1-0-heu-serieux-fw.htm

-i'm racist (al_mansur) defamation !!
-i'm completely mad  :sad: (al_mansur), i'm simply victim of harasement, and al_masur is one of them !!!!  :mad:  here IS THE F......NG PROOF simply the proof, if you can translate, and of course : i'm not mad !
http://www.jeuxvideo.com/forums/42-29786-59063911-8-0-1-0-heu-serieux-fw.htm

-"die" (I have big health problems and they know it !!!!!)
-"it's your fault..." hmm....ALL USERS  :roll: :sad: :cry: :cry: :sad: :sad:
etc etc etc

well, as you can see, in, france moders are f_____ing wo_es !
and i dont want to be a wore ! modding is finished for me, (or just for me), thanks for your understanding.

thanks for your help eletroincal, you're a true friend  :mad:

Al_mansur.....tu ne me défend pas (par lacheté j'ai cru au début), mais HO tu voie pas que je suis victime de harcèlement ????? tu connais harcèlement ou quoi ?
mais au moins je croyais que t'allai rester neutre !???!?? et tu les rejoins pour m'attaquer  :shock: ca....tu voie.....tu va me le payer ! rappelle toi bien.....

i salute you seek n destroy, you're realy correct and respectuous with me ! i'm sorry my friend !

Hi Syndai :wink:

Thanks for your help Miriel ! tu est le seul a avoir compris que j'était simplement = victime de harcèlement ! au lieu de rejeter la faute sur moi. mais SIMPLEMENT QUOI !!!! pfff
Bref je ne perd pas grand chose, vous n'étiez qu'une bande de faux culs intéressés !

good bye

Back
Top Bottom