In Progress [1.8.0] Smithing Unlocks alreadly unlocked parts

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Summary: When smithing, I frequently unlock items that have already been unlocked.
How to Reproduce: I started a fresh game unmodded for 1.8.0, noticed the problem when I reloaded it later.

I'm on Ver 1.0.2 of the main patch with no mods, and still have the same problem. I notice it most with the 2 handed axes, I can have all the sword parts two handed and one handed up to tier 5 unlocked before I have all the tier 2 axe heads unlocked because of this issue. Does it really take 6 + months to address this type of bug?

Last edited:
Also experiencing this bug. I have unlocked the flat pommel and the pine spear shaft for the two handed mace multiple times in the same playthrough. This even includes the "none" part for an empty pommel or guard slot.

Last edited:
same here, its impossible unlock more than a few basic parts, and 70% of it its only pommels ...
In other words, its more broken than in first days of early access.

I had a similar issue but also I would leave the game come back and stuff would be locked again... I was so sad lol

Just happened to me

EDIT: 2Handed Axes category is a repeated offender, perhaps just because there's very few pieces to begin with

Last edited:
Yeah similar issue still. Says I've unlocked a part however it remains locked. Seems specific for 2 handed axe for me. Also in the pommel section there is an 'X' in one of the tier 1 slots. Unsure if this is so you can have a naked handle or bug?
Closing game and reloading seemed to unlock the newly unlocked part for me but unsure if I've unlocked more and haven't noticed.

Still affecting XBox Series X. Says parts are unlocked that are already unlocked. I'm making zero progress in getting new parts for the 2 handed axe.

Hey, our team is aware of the issue and working on it. Thank you for your time and reporting it in.
I'm on Ver 1.0.2 of the main patch with no mods, and still have the same problem. I notice it most with the 2 handed axes, I can have all the sword parts two handed and one handed up to tier 5 unlocked before I have all the tier 2 axe heads unlocked because of this issue. Does it really take 6 + months to address this type of bug?

Still occurring for me on PC ver 1.0.3.9860

I get unlocks for already unlocked parts as well as notifications that new parts are unlocked but no matter what I do they do not unlock

Back
Top Bottom