1.8.0 game crash

Users who are viewing this thread

The game crashes 3 5 seconds after entering the game and walking on the map.

I tried turning off mods and it didn't work

Exception information
Type: System.NullReferenceException
Message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Source: TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem
CallStack:
  1. at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.CharacterDevelopment.DefaultSkillLevelingManager.OnHeroHealedWhileWaiting(MobileParty mobileParty, Int32 healingAmount)
  2. at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.Hero.HealByAmountInternal(PartyBase party, Int32 healingAmount, Boolean addXp)
  3. at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.CampaignBehaviors.PartyHealCampaignBehavior.HealHeroes(MobileParty mobileParty, Single& heroesHealingValue)
  4. at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.CampaignBehaviors.PartyHealCampaignBehavior.TryHealOrWoundParty(MobileParty mobileParty, Boolean isCheckingForPlayerRelatedParty)
  5. at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.CampaignBehaviors.PartyHealCampaignBehavior.OnQuarterDailyPartyTick(MobileParty mobileParty)
  6. at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.MbEvent`1.InvokeList(EventHandlerRec`1 list, T t)
  7. at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.CampaignEvents.QuarterDailyPartyTick(MobileParty mobileParty)
  8. at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.CampaignEventDispatcher.QuarterDailyPartyTick(MobileParty party)
  9. at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.CampaignPeriodicEventManager.PeriodicTicker`1.PeriodicTickSome(Double timeUnitsElapsed)
  10. at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.CampaignPeriodicEventManager.TickPeriodicEvents()
  11. at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.Campaign.Tick()
  12. at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.GameState.MapState.OnMapModeTick(Single dt)
  13. at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.GameState.MapState.OnTick(Single dt)
  14. at TaleWorlds.Core.GameStateManager.OnTick(Single dt)
  15. at TaleWorlds.Core.Game.OnTick(Single dt)
  16. at TaleWorlds.Core.GameManagerBase.OnTick(Single dt)
  17. at TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Module.OnApplicationTick_Patch1(Module this, Single dt)

my mods

You need to remove all mods (delete them from the module folder) that don't match the current version and then verify/validate the game files on STEAM, right click the game and go to properties. If you are using mods that match the version, read up on their own mod pages (where you downloaded them, or a discord/forum from their creator) about the load order and dependent mods and make sure you have it all sorted out.

Last edited:
I have exact same problem. i removed all mods and did a fresh install and it still popped up. i am running mods aswell but all are the right version.
This tends to happen after a fight when character is on low health moving up to full health.

The 1.8 update is fresh and youll have to wait some time for mods to update. If you played the beta with mods, It may not be the same as the stable version, maybe some code got changed etc. Just play vanilla with RBM and rts cam until the mods update, i played yesterday and both these mods work

Edit: Try verifying the game files if the game still doesnt work

Last edited:
I have exactly the same Outer exception callstack. Game crashes when travelling on map.

I don't have Serve as Soldier -mod.

I bought the game from Epic, so no Steam downloads in my game.

It is some sort of conflict which happens with the mods and/or the native game. I had to delete 4 of my latest saves, as they all crashed when I reach Autumn 16 1095, and after "Daily Gold Change" message appears.

Fortunately I had earlier saves that can go past that date without crashing. Otherwise it would have ruined this whole campaign.

Playing game version e1.8.1

At Nexusmods there is an optional file "OnHeroHealedWhileWaitingWorkaround 1.0.0" which is made to solve this bug. It is found on the "OnGovernorChanged Workaround" mod's file downloads https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/4291?tab=files.

EDIT:
I've tried once now, the game that previously crashed, did not now crash. Can be installed in an ongoing game.

Mod's version 2.00 is made for the release version of the game and 1.00 for e1.8.x game version.

(Going back old saves proved not saving my game, the crash happened still, only on a lucky case it did not happen).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom