1.5b Heavy Inf Prices are Bad (150 gold -> 160 gold)

Users who are viewing this thread

I'm not sure why heavy inf have had their prices increased from 150 to 160. This is basically forcing players to play as 2 handers or peasants in skirmish. This will also make snowballing in matches worse. Anyone else have worries about this?

Reeee they changed a lot of captain unit balances when they altered the prices. Like nerfing tribal warriors one of the weakest units already in the mode. Or making vlandian voulgier extremely overpowered by giving them more armor. Cmon taleworlds... Lets split the balancing between the two modes already. Both skirmish players and captain players want separate balances for the mode, lets make it happen.

Reeee they changed a lot of captain unit balances when they altered the prices. Like nerfing tribal warriors one of the weakest units already in the mode. Or making vlandian voulgier extremely overpowered by giving them more armor. Cmon taleworlds... Lets split the balancing between the two modes already. Both skirmish players and captain players want separate balances for the mode, lets make it happen.
We will get to balancing Captain mode as soon as this patch settles in don't worry.

Separate balancing is being discussed as well since some perks are useless in captain's mode already and some new perks may have mode specific effects

I'm not sure why heavy inf have had their prices increased from 150 to 160. This is basically forcing players to play as 2 handers or peasants in skirmish. This will also make snowballing in matches worse. Anyone else have worries about this?
Its really interesting. If we had a dedicated swobo unit that cost around 130 gold on every faction it would be fine. I dont think this will really change Sturgia or Battania all that much, because both factions have such a unit with the wildling and the brigand, but factions like Vlandia whos inf really depended on the Heavy will be drastically different. Hopefully the shield which shock troops get will be useful enough in skirmish to make them a viable pick over just 5 arbelists for Vlandia.

Its really interesting. If we had a dedicated swobo unit that cost around 130 gold on every faction it would be fine. I dont think this will really change Sturgia or Battania all that much, because both factions have such a unit with the wildling and the brigand, but factions like Vlandia whos inf really depended on the Heavy will be drastically different. Hopefully the shield which shock troops get will be useful enough in skirmish to make them a viable pick over just 5 arbelists for Vlandia.
Original plan had a proper shield perk for volgier to have an alternative sword/shield medium inf build however we have issues with AI and had to change it until the AI gets fixed.

Original plan had a proper shield perk for volgier to have an alternative sword/shield medium inf build however we have issues with AI and had to change it until the AI gets fixed.

If you can find a way to implement this it will be amazing. With the speed increases to light troops and the buff to Khuzait Spearmen, Every faction except Vlandia seems to now has a viable medium inf.

So they woulnd't have the 2 handed weapon in this build? shields on shock infantry is gonna break captain mode even further.

So they woulnd't have the 2 handed weapon in this build? shields on shock infantry is gonna break captain mode even further.

If its a perk, it could be a perk that replaces the twohander with a shield entirely. In captain youd basically have an option to get a larger number of slightly lighter heavy inf, but if you didnt pick that perk the class would function as it always has.

As long as the shield perk removes the twohanded weapon from inventory, I dont see how it could affect AI.

We won't give proper shields to shock inf with two handed weapons. It was just to create a medium inf for vlandia as they had no alternative.

We are working with alternative solutions, will probably be adjusted next minor patch.

The small shields are skirmish mode only according to the patch notes, and only 20HP (for reference a legionaries shield has 140).

I think 160 gold heavy infantry, with the 200 gold raise on heavy cavalry and 380 gold cap is a good idea, though I think it would've been better to test the adjustments to light infantry and introduce medium infantry first before implementing it.

The small shields are skirmish mode only according to the patch notes, and only 20HP (for reference a legionaries shield has 140).

I think 160 gold heavy infantry, with the 200 gold raise on heavy cavalry and 380 gold cap is a good idea, though I think it would've been better to test the adjustments to light infantry and introduce medium infantry first before implementing it.
its a beta afterall. Thats where we test things before they go live

The idea is to give the shock troops that extra bit of survivability for them to be able to join the melee if they play right. The shield is useless in melee and can barely stop projectiles.

Ah yes, devs releasing a patch and the community declaring it broken on the same day. If I hadn't experienced this Reddit-esc reaction in every competitive game that I play, on every balance patch ever, I might be a bit more concerned.

I'd wait for the patch to be tested before forming strong opinions on it. If there's new exploits created by the patch (going off other games) it will be hotfixed and the rest of the patch still fine, just with a new meta.

We will get to balancing Captain mode as soon as this patch settles in don't worry.

Separate balancing is being discussed as well since some perks are useless in captain's mode already and some new perks may have mode specific effects

Time to repeat this 50 times to the captain players who are Discord only lol.

In captain mode the shock infantry captain has the small shield. Why is that? Is it a feature or a bug?
Technically, the captain is the same 'hero' character used in Skirmish so the shield is there. We just removed it from the troops. If it is too much of an issue we will find another solution and remove the shield from captain's mode entirely.

Regarding the clan feature, I think a lot of clans would appreciate having an admin role in the clan menu. Give admin the power to make announcements, and inviting people to the clan, as well as kicking people. That way the leader doesn't have to be present at all times.

Also, custom Clan symbols would be nice, as well as being able to leave spaces between the clan NAME, instead of having to string multiple word names together.

Regarding the clan feature, I think a lot of clans would appreciate having an admin role in the clan menu. Give admin the power to make announcements, and inviting people to the clan, as well as kicking people. That way the leader doesn't have to be present at all times.

Also, custom Clan symbols would be nice, as well as being able to leave spaces between the clan NAME, instead of having to string multiple word names together.
Thanks. This is the first piece of the clan feature, we will keep building on it and improve it with the feedback.

Back
Top Bottom