Resolved [1.5.10 beat] Husband won't help me fight in "find the daughter" quest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Summary: I chose the option "It's going to be a massacre not a duel" but my Husband doesn't fight back, just gets shot and fallow me around. I know at least once in a past version I've seen a Clan member back me up in this quest.
I don't have save for this one because I already saved over it!
How to Reproduce
: Do the find the daughter quest, start the fight, see if and clan members will fight with you.
Have you used cheats and if so which: NO
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):

There is a bug indeed, i just tested on e.1.5.9 main branch.
The person that is following you right from the start won't attack, but if you call your other companions they will attack, so the bug is specifically tied to the character that is accompanying the player.

Sorry i forgot about 2 things... i forgot that the video captures my background music :lol: and i didn't optimize the framerate of the recording software BUT it's viewable :grin:.

I mean Command and Conquer OST and Mount and Blade together is awesome :lol::grin:

Edit: from what i see, my sister Aitheen in this case acted like i was dueling the other character, and maybe if she was mounted on a horse maybe the outcome would be like AnandaShanti's just following me...

If this might be the case the fix should be easy since the other companions actually work.

Last edited:
it doesn't make sense for your companions to help you in a duel.
they should stand aside just like when you duel bandit leaders in their lairs.

it doesn't make sense for your companions to help you in a duel.
they should stand aside just like when you duel bandit leaders in their lairs.
But i didn't duel....
Edit: you have two options
1- you duel
2- or you massacre him with numbers - this is what happened to simulate the OP issues and it checks

But i didn't duel....
Edit: you have two options
1- you duel
2- or you massacre him with numbers - this is what happened to simulate the OP issues and it checks
you mean the "this will be a massacre, not a duel, but i'm fine with that" option will make your companions join you and the "i accept your duel" options doesn't?

i've always understood the first option as the player character making fun of him and basically a different flavor of accepting the duel :roll:

you mean the "this will be a massacre, not a duel, but i'm fine with that" option will make your companions join you and the "i accept your duel" options doesn't?

i've always understood the first option as the player character making fun of him and basically a different flavor of accepting the duel :roll:
Well I took it to be a refusal to duel, just like with bandit leaders and I'm pretty certain in past games the companion fallowing me around jumped in immediately. When I find the quest again I'll see if it's different with multiple companions, I only had 1 in the report. What was odd is the npc did fire on the companion as if they were an active combatant or whatever.

Hello, i have forwarded the new video and information to the QA team. I will be waiting for your save file please let me know when you upload it. Thank you all for your time and sorry for any inconvenience.

As the asked information was not provided within 2 weeks, this thread is marked as solved. If the issue still continues, please update this thread.

Back
Top Bottom