Resolved 1.4.3 - After besieging castle game crash.

Users who are viewing this thread

relent13

Recruit
Hello team. New game on 1.4.3 - after besieging/conquer a castle, when i want to enter in the castle, game crash. I'ved played only vanilla game. This was hapened only after your last update.

Same here, first i thought the patch had broken a mod, so I tried disabling them all. Then i wondered if it was a safefile error, so i reloaded back a few minutes and went through the siege, it then crashed again as I tried to enter. Then had a hunch and waited for the vote for ownership, and could enter just fine.

To be more specific, it only seems to crash after a siege, before the vote for the new owner has concluded, seems to work fine "post-vote". Only tested with castles so far, not sure about cities.

*edit: Not sure if relevant, but during one of the "trial reloads" to figure it out, i saw the "siege icon" (catapult) over the castle despite the siege being over (me taking the castle).

Same here. It happens when you enter your own factions castles, not just after a siege, but of course, after a siege it is your faction's castle. I wondered around and tested this out after it crashed on me a couple of times. You can still enter other factions castles. And it didn't do that before today's hotfix.

Edit:

Are you guys playing as Aserai? My current game does this as Aserai. My older save does this as Aserai. But an older save where I'm not Aserai doesn't do it.

Last edited:
Started as Khuzait, took the same as "kingdom culture" but I am based in old sturgia, the castles were both imperial iirc. One controlled by vlandia and the other Khuzaits (at the time of me capturing them).

Did you just have a lord defect to another faction and take some castles with him? Because I did. Then an allied army took one back. I'm thinking the problem occurs when an allied lord defects to a warring faction and takes his castles with him, or further, when allies take it back and something's not set right.

After reading on similar reports on reddit, I realized something that should've been obvious. I don't ever "own" a castle longterm, i give them off to lords and try keep cities to myself. As such, my initial post in this thread is misleading. It's possible it's not siegerelated at all.

Back
Top Bottom