Search results for query: *

1. Ingolifs

SP - General Armour. Why it doesn't work and how to make it work

Why Armour doesn't work So I was inspired to make this post by two things. First, this video: And second: After being hit by a stone while wearing high quality armour Basically, armour seems to have bugger all effect in the game, and I went and investigated why. Behind the spoiler is the...
  2. Ingolifs

Who of the old guard are still around?

Scrubs the lot of you ^_^

Ingolifs excluded of course.
    Damn straight. I'm three whole usernumbers ahead of you. I joined earlier the same day. I guess that makes you the new guy.
  3. Ingolifs

Heyyo.
    Wait, it was the sex stuff and not just how annoying I was? Then again, I only became annoying because of how liberating it was to talk about stuff, coming from a fairly conservative family. >.>

Ah well. ^.^

I think it was the lurid descriptions of you having 5 hours of sex with some guy just out of prison... that and the furry ****.
  4. Ingolifs

I'm still here. >:3
    Yes I certainly remember you...
  5. Ingolifs

Can Bannerlord Damage Formulas be accessed? And how much can they be altered?

I've been looking through the damage calculations myself and will probably make a post on them soon. There's a bunch of stuff located in a bunch of places and it's taken me some time to locate and make sense of it all, especially considering I'm unfamiliar with C# and looking through .dll files.
  6. Ingolifs

Yeah, Llandy bowed out for good in 2018.
    What became of her? And Leprechaun for that matter?
  7. Ingolifs

Sounds like you've been quite busy...
  8. Ingolifs

SP - Battles & Sieges Brace Polearms/Spear Wall Formation BADLY Needed

I've been looking through the code and found this:

Code:
        private static float CalculateStrikeMagnitudeForPassiveUsage(
          float weaponWeight,
          float exraLinearSpeed)
        {
          return CombatStatCalculator.CalculateStrikeMagnitudeForThrust(0.0f, 40f + weaponWeight, exraLinearSpeed, false);
        }

This is code for calculating damage from a passively held weapon. It looks like they're at least considering having braced pikes.
  9. Ingolifs

What does this damage calculation code do?

Ah thanks! That makes a lot more sense.
  10. Ingolifs

What does this damage calculation code do?

I've been looking through the Bannerlord damage calculation code (CombatStatCalculator.cs) and while I don't know C#, most of the code is fairly self-explanatory. However, I don't have the knowledge to interpret the blunt case in either ComputeRawDamageOld and ComputeRawDamageNew (it's basically...
  11. Ingolifs

I see a couple of old faces, like Seff and Orion, not too many others. Who of the initial crowd is still here? So my story is I was most active here between 2005 and 2007, before university pressures became too demanding. Since then I got my PhD in chemistry and then decided I don't really like...
  12. Ingolifs

Perk: Way of the Sword breaks the Balace

This issue is basically the same as the one posted here:

As it turns out, someone forgot to add a couple of zeros to the percentage amount increase, so each skill point adds + 20% speed instead of +0.2%
  13. Ingolifs

Observations from an old hand

I agree that they need to find compelling reasons for us to visit these well crafted scenes, but hiding certain features behind a loading screen is not one of them, even at the cost of immersion. Not that you were suggesting that or anything, I just wanted to make that point.

Yes having to go into every scene to do basic transactions would be frustrating in the endgame, although I must confess I have an unusual amount of patience for that sort of thing.

I would've handled such things differently. Anything that becomes a pain in the ass to do (recruiting, selling stuff, etc) could be delegated to one of your companions. They may not do quite as good a job that you would do, but you'd save some time.
  14. Ingolifs

Your skill has an upper hard limit based on the number of attribute and focus points you have in a skill. I would like an unlimited system but alas it is not. ( (( Attribute * 14 ) -10) + ( Focus Point * 40) ) is what I've found, limit of 330. Corrections appreciated. Additionally, its much to late to learn anything new after a certain point in leveling, as the game runs out of SP for you to continue leveling up.

The new skill system is both more and less intuitive than Warband, I feel. More intuitive because at its most basic level it's 'Level up the thing by doing the thing'. Less intuitive because of all the stuff you mention. Also, what do you mean about the game running out of SP? Do you mean skill points?
  15. Ingolifs

Is having a bigger character purely cosmetic?

Does giving yourself a taller character at the start of the game affect anything other than presenting a larger target to archers? Is there any stat increase/tradeoff? I haven't seen any HP difference so far between tall and short characters, nor does there seem to be any difference in...
  16. Ingolifs

Go back to your rocking chair old man
    Nice to see at least one non-baby-faced person in the forums.

Yes it compares favourably to a 15 year old incomplete game.

I'm not comparing it to the game from 15 years ago, I'm comparing it to my recollection of the general consensus on what the game ought to look like when it was finished.

I could've compared it to Warband but I felt like that was a relatively uninteresting comparison. Some parts are better, others worse. Also, the nostalgia was very heavy when I wrote this.
    The amount of resources that must have been taken to do theese scenes must be huge. They are truly amazing looking I admit! Altho i dont care about them, i just go in there to do spy amongst us quest.

I think this highlights a big problem in a lot of modern games. A huge amount of time and effort from a huge number of artists goes into getting the game looking right. Actions that could be abstracted away previously (like, say, picking up an object off the floor) now have to be animated.

When I did scenes for the Lombard Leagues mod 13 years ago, it would take me about 3 hours of solid work to complete a scene. Maybe a couple more hours of polish and testing and setting up the AI pathfinding mesh on top of that. It now takes (presumably more than one artist) 2-3 weeks to do a city scene. Such is the change in both scale and detail. Yet in terms of gameplay and what the scene actually allows the player to do, there is very little difference.

And the result is, a disproportionately huge amount of effort goes into initial impressions, which the player will always get used to remarkably quickly, and all you have left is the somewhat janky gameplay. The first time a looter frowned at me because I was about to attack, I was impressed. Now I don't notice. The first time I saw NPCs dancing and talking and interacting, I was impressed, now I don't notice.

I am a lot more forgiving than a lot of people here (It hasn't escaped my notice that these forums have become a massive vortex of negativity), and I am confident that a lot of these teething problems will be sorted out eventually once the developers realise that the nerf merry-go-round isn't helping and that deeper and more substantive changes are needed. Even so, there are some aspects to the game that I think are deliberate design decisions and not just placeholder mechanics, such as the menu-heavy aspect to party and fief and kingdom management. It's these that I worry about.
  17. Ingolifs

Has 1st person camera become worse than it was in Warband?

You can alter the FOV, which helps, I think. I have a higher FOV in first person so I'm slightly more aware of what's in my periphery.
  18. Ingolifs

I played my first version of Mount&Blade (0.623) in May 2005, and was hooked. I was one of the initial crowd that spent huge amounts of time both playing the game, and coming up with suggestions and arguing over other's suggestions in the forums. Mount&blade was a very different game back...
  19. Ingolifs

Where Do Released Captives Go?

In my continuing & stubborn attempts to push my faction to actually accomplish some war objectives, I have accumulated well over 500 captives penned up in my castles. These are nearly all regular troops, as opposed to bandits. I have refused to ransom them so as not to release them back to the other side's manpower pool.

This is quite alarming. If prisoners were released back into the 'manpower pool', that would encourage players to create what are essentially concentration camps.
Back
Top Bottom