Search results for query: *

1. Stalking Supply wagon issue

Great, I stopped using the cart but will retry now and see if thsi works.
  2. Welsh hive mind

Hah, joined them and after the Mercians Pengwern and the Crafu took some of my fellow Welsch cities I liberated them I I own the 3 central cities. Soon I am King of the all Welsh :twisted:
  3. Mercenary Captain

Merc Captain is a nice way to incude some cavalry component in your army.  Being all mounted the merc is fast and keeps up with you. This way you can take lots more prisoners and hire more freed prisoners.

Be carefull though, if merc captain dies, you cannot get the troop back and you keep paying for them.

Once their number of troops and prisoners goes over a number you cannot disband the company because they cannot join you. 

Hope that helps...

G.

4. IMPORTANT NEW: BRYTENWALDA 1.40 Release DATE

Thanks to the whole team! It has been a pleasure to play Brytenwalda even if  played far to often and always too long. I have roamed the land as a peasant, a footsoldier, a lady, a merchant, a bard. I have lead armies 5000 strong into battle, enslaved villages, destroyed kingdoms, made kings out of fugtives and ravaged hookers, companions and ladies alike. I have been a sait and a villain, raided by land and sea. I Schemed, plotted betrayed, I bonded and won great men for my honorable cause. I have been betrayed by vasals and kings.

I dreamt of battles and woke up sword clenched in fist. I met a man born with a blade in his hand (is that so?), heard countles wolves cry out to the moon. I hunted a thousend stags that gave me the slip over and over again until I started hunting with my 2 handed axe.

I cursed as dena pirates slew me at their landings. I howled as my camp was overrun by franks. I trained my frisians, Jutes, Saxons and Angles to be killing machines. I commanded forces finely tuning my shieldwall, my archers and a small troop of horse to get those stragglers. I sent home the men I could no longer afford to pay, I bought land and factories in hopes of paying for a few extra men.

I went from town to town looking for the perfect gear to suit my style. I split skulls, shot arrows in eyes and broke shields. I found Beowulfs blade Hrunting and shared with many my dissapointment. I learnt to love the balanced light spear as my weapon of choice. Foregoing axe and blade. I learned to use and love the javelin.

I found new trade routes, slew priests and pagans with gusto. I struggled with unruly peasants and low morale. Glitch filled sieges and  dito tournaments. I cursed bands of derserters that were nowhere to be found... I have learned that spies are your best weapon and that a bagage wagon is a liability at best.

I was Brytenwalda for the better part of 2 years and will miss the anticipation for a new update. Even though I will get the game out to play for sure even after 1.4 grows old after a while. And on a personal note, I spent 3 Hollidays in England just to be in the tracks of those dark age warriors. Offa's Dike, Hadrians wall and a tour of Kent and sussex. I also went to Amazon and got this book. A great read for any Brytenwalda addict.

http://www.amazon.com/Battles-Dark-Ages-Peter-Marren/dp/1844152707

I am sure it is mentioned somewhere on this forum too, but it can bare a reminder.

Take care,

Gerard Mulder.

5. Levelling troops

Dat moment, when you see the 30 young warriors with 100 franks imprisoned  :twisted:
  6. how the hell can I use spies?

It was possible before if you find the Frisian towns. They upgrade to spies.

Adorno said:
    Naughtier said:
    is it possible to train spies?
    No, I don't think so.
  7. How to improve my troops travel speed?

IT SMELLS LIKE A CAP.
    The wagon would have been my guess, it could be that even after a wagon is destroyed its speed bonus still applies.... It all depends on how that wagon code is implemented. Otherwise a 25 party size with all riding and that high pathfinding should give you more then 6 speed.
    Cheers,

gerard

8. Losing Skill Points

In my experience, wounds stack, and as soon as a second one is gained the penalties of the first one never dissapears. I know this is not the official version but even after 100 days my first wound has not healed up evne though I only got 1 secundary wound.
    I heard that when a second wound is gained the healing time for that wound stacks with the remaining healing time from the first wound. But for me only the second wound gets healed.

Best,

Gerard
  9. POLL: Want you a future Brytenwalda expansion? You Choose (Read before voting)

Italy would be my favorite although Viking age combined with a map of Scandinavia would be tempting too...

10. Is it possible to fix injuries?

UnholyNighmare said:
    There's several threads about this. Try searching around the forums a little bit  :wink:

Also, there's no 'tab' for seeing what injuries you have in this mod, but usually they cure within 30 days. If you, however, get wounded again before the first wound has healed, the first wound will never heal.
    That's at least how it works in most mods with this feature.

I concur with this observation. It seems that old wounds do not heal after a new wound is inflicted. This is a real pain especially if you play with no quit without saving. Fortunately you can exit the game from the battle screen without saving the battle results when you get a second wound...

Cheers,

Gerard
  11. What is your favourite culture?

The Irish look cool and even though their infantry could be better, daisbairs should be lighter armed but faster. Their archers are ****e like any archers save the britons. But the Curraids are superb, even 10 of them as a hammer and a shieldwall of rabble make a strong and fun to play army.  Ofcourse 50 curraid kill everything but I dont like to play that way. 
  12. how do i use my spys and how do i make a wagon

spies are excellent and have at least 3 good uses apart from being good archers on the field.
    1 Spy on villages and towns plus raising their loyalty, rught click on town and get the option to send a spy if you have one in party. These spies can also engage in sabotage once they are settled in. You cna check their reports in the reports menu.

2 Send messages to other lords, right click on them to get that option if you have a spy in party. I never use this but I hear you can eve nsend them gisfts this way to impress them.

3 skirmish parties of enemies. Right click on a party, choose skirmish if you have at least 5 spies.The spies will chase them and slow them down so you may catch up with your main force. Be careful, the spies will in turn be chased by other enemy parties and if you lose sight of them you will not be able to send out other groups of skirmishers.

The cart is not that useful because you usually cannot chose a nearby city to send it to, the cart requires guarding and once it is lost it is lost for good. THe cart will slow you down but also provide lots of cargo space. If you must send it out on a trade run, give it 80+ troops so no one save enemy lords will dare attack it. The cart can be a good place to keep troops off the payroll.

Cheers,

Gerard

13. BUG Reports v 1.32

When the cart is destroyed by a bandit attack, it cannot be rebuilt in the camp menu. Is this intended? Can you only have and lose a cart once.

14. Armor Penalty

This is a good observation, it shows that the penalty of armor should be in the weapon proficiencies not in the skills. Imagine this:

Heavy mail: -50 on one handed weapon proficiency. -100 on 2 handes weapon -0 on polearm -200 on archery.

This means you train with lighter gear and later as you reach your summit of training, you don the heavier weapons and armor.

15. Who's the good guy's in Brytenwalda?

Anthropoid said:
    *Shudders with existential discord*

You're telling me there is no real "good" nor "bad," just weak and powerful, wiley and doltish, brutal and meek, the overdogs and the underdogs? And furthermore, you mean to tell me that we Anglos are the inheriters of a world crafted by the powerful wiley and brutal overdogs?

My hole world just crumbled . . . next you'll tell me there is no such thing as chivalry.

One could look at it in another way, both sides in a conflict consider themselves the good guys and the other ones the bad guys, only the winner lives to tell his version of what is good and bad. I do not believe that a country ever went to war thinking they were the bad guys off to fight the good guys.... This is the problem with war, since all parties feel they are right, they are both prepared to kill to achieve their goal. Is there no chivalry? Sure, each side has their own version of it and sometimes they even agree like Saladin when he sent some fresh horses to king Richard and let him get away from a desparate battle against the odds because he did not want to beat the King in an ambush while hunting.

"Anglos, inheriters of a world crafted by powerful wiley overdogs..."  Got to love that!
  16. Armor Penalty

Ibdil,

Another thing worth thinking about is giving light items some plusses, I know it sounds like "fantasy" like but it may be a good way around this problem of light versus heavy armor. Penalties are not enjoyed but bonusses are! A good quality leather armor or shoes may give +1 on athletics, riding boots may give +1 on riding and a fine pair of gloves +1 on powerdraw.  These bonusses can be used to offset the negatives or simply to allow the users of the items to progres faster.

The end to keep in mind is that it is both realistic an enjoyable to promote a lighter style of weaponry. Warfare is not about who can field the biggest tank. Heavily armed troops arrived to battle slow and tired often losing the day to ligher opponents in any age of war.

This leads to a new Avenue of approach, the lack of rest morale factor could depend on the total weight of weaponry carried, penalizing the heavy armed troops in a realistic way, battlefield fatigue (a new penalty, on hitpoints of units in battle) could depend on weariness. 

I really appreciate the thin line your team walks between realism, enjoyment and listening to the player base. Excellent work and I am sure the next evolution of Brytenwalda will be another improvement and more fun.

Cheers,

Gerard Mulder

17. Who's the good guy's in Brytenwalda?

Ah,

You don't mean the good guys but the underdogs, the ones too weak to do any pillaging and raping  :mrgreen: Well in that case I suppose the Britons are yer good guys, them and their half pagan ways are a regular dieing breed.  Find them in Wales and other recesses of the Isles... Personally I will have none of it! Gosgords and Uchlwr phah! (although I must admit those archers get me in the eye every once in a while, and those ponies they have send after you, have me cower in my shieldwall from where I dispatch of them with my trusted Axe blade...)

Yours,

Hengist
  18. Spies got lost

Hi, I used my spies for skirmishing and caught an enemy somewhere on the map. After a battle I forgot to invite them back in my party. Now I do not know where to find them and I looked all over the map with the ctr T cheat but no luck. THis made me think about a recall button for spies. It...
  19. SUGGESTIONS

The rest penalty does slow gamplay down a lot. Especiallyh chasing bnadits for days on end becomes an unviable option. Food dwindles faster money comes in more slowly. Enemy parties do not suffer these drawbacks. Also resting takes long to take effect as for each point of penalty lost because of rest your recent events goes down by the same number. It may be realistic but it is also a killjoy, I can see why people want this to be optional. By gaining some priests and Camp women morale might improve as it did in the previous version. The points of morale due to leadership are probaly factored in in the penalty for partysize, or so it seems.

All in all I like the new morale system, it reallyh gives a feel for armyh exhaustion and recoverey time. Some tips:
    Win battles when your recent events are negative. (eg after resting or dropping off men)
    Buy new foods when your recent events are positive.  (eg after recruiting some men)
    Always do things that push the recent events to Zero faster and your morale will be steadier.

It seems that the max army size is influenced by the companions you keep (about 1 extra guy per leadership on the companion.)

20. Stalking Supply wagon issue

Dont send the wagon off without a teamleader, it will leave but not ask you for a destination and never return to you...
Back
Top Bottom