Search results for query: *

1. SP Antiquity [WB] Ghost Soldiers - Update 02/17/11 "Ornate Celtic Sword WIP and Clipeus"

Yeah. 
    I was convinced Marcus' former Legion was going to come to his rescue too, kind of made the entire opening sequence pointless when they didn't too.  Instead we get some ersatz Legionarii with Segmentatae which looked like they were chipped right of of Trajan's Column.
  2. SP Antiquity [WB] Ghost Soldiers - Update 02/17/11 "Ornate Celtic Sword WIP and Clipeus"

SPQR said:
    Nice job Raptor.

Did ya see "The Eagle" yet?

Yeah, I saw it.  It was garbage.  Centurion was less garbage but still not what it could have been.

If you were planning on seeing The Eagle, I'd just wait for someone to upload the opening sequence on Youtube because that's the only part worth seeing.
    In fact, you could probably pretend the movie ends right there when the chariot hits him.
    ^ Movie spoiler, not a Ghost Soldiers update. ^
  3. SP Antiquity [WB] Ghost Soldiers - Update 02/17/11 "Ornate Celtic Sword WIP and Clipeus"

Made scabbards for the Gladii, it was a real pain.

GladiusScabbard.jpg

Still haven't gotten the vertex animation to work for whatever reason.  It works fine in OpenBRF but decides to ignore me in the game.
  4. SP Antiquity [WB] Ghost Soldiers - Update 02/17/11 "Ornate Celtic Sword WIP and Clipeus"

Yeah, the clipping was even worse with these shields as you might imagine.
  5. SP Antiquity [WB] Ghost Soldiers - Update 02/17/11 "Ornate Celtic Sword WIP and Clipeus"

I managed to get a hold of a very very large heightmap of Britain.

Click for a bigger version.

This will go a long way toward making a very accurate and detailed map.

On top of that I did some more editing of the cavalry animations, they now carry their lances outstretched instead of couched and shields are now held at the side rather than the front to the shield doesn't clip through the neck of the horse.
    screenshot07k.jpg
    screenshot06u.jpg
    screenshot05u.jpg
    screenshot08.jpg
  6. SP Antiquity [WB] Ghost Soldiers - Update 02/17/11 "Ornate Celtic Sword WIP and Clipeus"

Finished another Roman shield, this time a Clipeus.  I also remembered I had a second Scutum I never finished so I guess I'll finish that next.

Clipeus.jpg

And a WIP of an ornate Celtic sword, these things take a lot of time to model, I'll only be making two.

CeltAnthroSword_WIP.jpg
  7. SP Antiquity [WB] Ghost Soldiers - Update 02/17/11 "Ornate Celtic Sword WIP and Clipeus"

I'd like to keep Ghost Soldiers content in the mod to make it visually unique amongst the other Roman period mods.

Of course I am more than willing to offer guidance and support to other mods in making their own resources themselves.
  8. SP Antiquity [WB] Ghost Soldiers - Update 02/17/11 "Ornate Celtic Sword WIP and Clipeus"

And now they're done:
    Celtic_Swords.jpg

I'll start modelling the other two in a little bit.
  9. SP Antiquity [WB] Ghost Soldiers - Update 02/17/11 "Ornate Celtic Sword WIP and Clipeus"

Time to paint those swords, then I'll model two more. 
    May stop if the wind dies down so I can fire my Matchlock a little but with the way it usually is I'm probably going to be stuck indoors, I'm eager to see how well it handles 150 grains of powder and if my new shot cards will work better than the old ones.

http://www.livestream.com/ghostsoldiers?t=428929
  10. SP Antiquity [WB] Ghost Soldiers - Update 02/17/11 "Ornate Celtic Sword WIP and Clipeus"

Today's work:
    CelticSwordsWIP.jpg

Several high poly Celtic swords ready to be painted.

Oh, and don't bother with The Eagle, it's pretty much garbage and there's a lot of Lorica Anachronacum (My pet name for leather Segmentatae).  The opening sequence was entertaining, but I'm sure that will be on Youtube before long if not already.

I still say someone needs to make a Band of Brothers/The Pacific style series about the Gallic War, invasion of Britain or even the Third Macedonian War.  Movies like The Eagle are like only reading the first page of a very good book.
  11. SP Antiquity [WB] Ghost Soldiers - Update 02/17/11 "Ornate Celtic Sword WIP and Clipeus"

Currently doing some work, anyone who wants to watch stuff being made can do so here:
    http://www.livestream.com/ghostsoldiers?t=428929

Dunno how long I'll be working but I'll probably be doing the same thing tomorrow as well after I go blow something up.
  12. SP Antiquity [WB] Ghost Soldiers - Update 02/17/11 "Ornate Celtic Sword WIP and Clipeus"

Yeah, I wouldn't mind joining forces with other modders, but I only want to work on one mod at the moment and I'm kind of set on seeing Ghost Soldiers through (When I can find the time and motivation anyway).  I have the idea of what I want it to be clearly in my head and this would no doubt conflict with other mods.
    I expect others may feel the same about their mods as well.
  13. SP Antiquity [WB] Ghost Soldiers - Update 02/17/11 "Ornate Celtic Sword WIP and Clipeus"

I didn't even realize Centurion was out, I'll have to get a copy.
    Guess that's what I get for living in the barrel of a musket for the past two months.
  14. SP Antiquity [WB] Ghost Soldiers - Update 02/17/11 "Ornate Celtic Sword WIP and Clipeus"

Still here, just haven't had the motivation to work on the mod.  Maybe when The Eagle comes out on February 11th that will give me some inspiration.
  15. SP Antiquity [WB] Ghost Soldiers - Update 02/17/11 "Ornate Celtic Sword WIP and Clipeus"

Yes, there is still quite a lot to be done on both sides.

As for more updates, there has been a delay.  I have finished the Super Matchlock, but when I went to drill the touch hole it was then that the drill bit I was using decided to snap off in the hole.  Thus began my epic ongoing struggle against the ****ty **** drill bit.  I may do a bit of modelling tomorrow, we'll see what kind of mood I'm in, I'm still pretty pissed off.

But pictures:
    000_1600.jpg
    000_1604.jpg
  16. SP Antiquity [WB] Ghost Soldiers - Update 02/17/11 "Ornate Celtic Sword WIP and Clipeus"

Yep, I'm still alive.  I'm preparing for the final push to finish my Super Matchlock, once it is completely finished my plate will be more or less empty.  After that, granted it doesn't kill me in some way when I go to fire it, I'll be back to making models for Ghost Solders.  So in a week or two, my aim is to finish the Matchlock before Thanksgiving.

In the meantime I've been gathering reference material, rest assured the next update will have a lot of content.  Except for skiing, winters tend to be fairly quiet for me so I should be able to update a lot more regularly. 

In December or possibly January I'll be making a crossbow so there will be another short lapse in updates but considering the cheapness and relative simplicity of the project it won't take me very long.
  17. SP Antiquity [WB] Ghost Soldiers - Update 02/17/11 "Ornate Celtic Sword WIP and Clipeus"

Right now I mostly do custom orders, someone will ask me to make something and I'll draw it on the computer then use my machine to cut it out of a steel plate.  I do occasionally do large batches of arrowheads by hand as well.  Basically, if it's metal I can make it, and I've got a forge in the works specialized for working sheet metal so I can make armour more easily.
  18. SP Antiquity [WB] Ghost Soldiers - Update 02/17/11 "Ornate Celtic Sword WIP and Clipeus"

beavulf15 said:
    hey mate im realy waiting for this mod to come out could you be more specific when and how is it going to come out? And how can we bee informed when are we going to get some new info?

When it's done.

I'm still busy filling orders for plasma cut steel, and what free time I do have I've been using to work on my Matchlock, Snaphaunce, a second forge and another little project I may be starting up soon.
    I will continue to work on Ghost Soldiers but it has to sit under my list of priorities, which is pretty full right now.  Really, first and foremost I'm making Ghost Soldiers for myself because I want to play it, releasing it to the public is just my gift to all of you who might also want to play it.
  19. SP Antiquity [WB] Ghost Soldiers - Update 02/17/11 "Ornate Celtic Sword WIP and Clipeus"

Tiberius Decimus Maximus said:
    Dude, you make biplanes for a living!? AWESOME!

I haven't fully decided on it though, right now I've designed a 3/4 scale derivative of the Albatros DVa in the picture.  The wood and canvas wings replaced with aluminum and steel framework with an aluminum skin.  The plywood bulkheads in the fuselage are still plywood, but edged in aluminum and the longerons replaced with aluminum as well, and instead of that massive anvil of an engine the Mercedes DIII I'll probably use a lighter Volkswagen engine.  This is all a measure to make a lighter, more robust plane that won't cost $50k, and of course the twin Spandaus are optional.  :wink:

Course, I may end up doing something completely different in the way of a small all-aluminum low wing monoplane of my own original design.

I'm going to be seeking some legal advice on constructing my assault rifle soon, and maybe a submachine gun, but I expect I'll just be told no but it's worth a try anyway.  In the meantime I've still got lots of orders to fill.
Back
Top Bottom