Search results for query: *

1. tailis

Discussion for Native Expansion Developer Snapshot

The improved troop trees and items are amazing ;D

I think I found a bug in battle though. When troops are out of morale and flee the battle, they no longer disappear when they reach the edge of the map. And as I found out if you fell, their troops are fleeing, but your troops are also fleeing, then you're stuck in a hard place x3

2. tailis

New module system for 1.113 wanted

ULTRA SICK!

thanks TW. You should be seeing a new small mod soon since I can modify the scripts without error now :smile:
  3. tailis

Next Taleworlds game?

Achilla said:
    Here is a short list of what could be worth 30 bucks for actual sequel:

Sigh, you know things are always a lot easier said than done right?

Those are good ideas, and TW can pick and choose from a few of them to implement, but you honestly can't expect all that...

I think more strategic depth based around formations would be interesting, where you actually have ranks and lines of infantry, and a full on cavalry charge trying to pummel through that. That is worthy of a new engine and game in and of itself.

More quests and intermediate goals in this next game would add a lot too. Building up your kingdom step by step, such as making the surrounding land permanently safer for the next 5 months by exterminating the major bandit stronghold, more indepth development of towns and villages which leads to several layers of increased benefits. Upgrades to your troops weapons/armor through blacksmith, etc.

4. tailis

I agree it's annoying. Scripts have changed significantly to the point I have to work around so I don't change it, and even item_kinds1 is not compatible, so I need to open both of the compiled files and move over modded items one at a time -_-;

At least troops and party templates are still okay.
  5. tailis

The new morning star

Ferago said:
    L00ter said:
    cool :smile:

maybe someday we can make one with an animated ball and chain that would be suh..weet!

That would be so cool...

I've never played a game that actually had an animated flail in it. Has anyone?

I guess no developers want to spend the time making unique animations for just one weapon.

Temple of Elemental Evil had one.

The really cool thing was they had a ball and chain too. As in, the player holds onto this huge ass chain and whips the ball at the enemy at medium range before dragging the ball back :razz:
  6. tailis

Is there any way to change the hair style of a character?

Hey that's cool!

I always thought Nizar and a couple of others just hit too many branches on the way down from the ugly tree  :lol:
  7. tailis

About Warband, its engine and moddability

progrox said:
    They both need time, people and money. Developers are on a budget and have to look at effort - reward. Making the game more open to third party modification is a typical "icing on the cake", a luxury item. Fixing bugs is not. That is the nature of why you won't have both at once. Maybe once Warband has reached final version.

Look, I hate to be so blunt, but please comprehend my above post before attempting to blindly spout an extremely basic economic principle to act like you know it all.

Designing for game moddability does not mean it comes at the cost of everything else. Period. In fact, it is something you need to plan for ahead of time because it cannot be tacked on at the end like you are proposing.
  8. tailis

About Warband, its engine and moddability

What is this current notion going on that somehow moddability and bug fixing is somehow completely exclusive to one another?

By that logic - Counter Strike would have never been developed, Warcraft -> Starcraft would never have had any mods, would never have developed DoTA, even World of Warcraft wouldn't have had a single interface mod, and I am leaving out countless examples ranging from the old Red Alert 1 to things like Fallout 3.

Notice how every game designed for moddability was also patched in a timely fashion? In fact these games are usually patched the most because the developers actually care.

In any case, moddability usually has to be planned right from the start, and probably cannot be easily added on a completed project, and I am quite sure we won't be getting the source code of this game.
  9. tailis

Is there any way to change the hair style of a character?

LOL.

Not like WoW or something eh? Where you need to pay $15 for the change.
  10. tailis

The new morning star

I don't see what the problem is. I think this new model looks tons better than the old one.

11. tailis

The 1.105 module system is really starting to show its age, with it breaking a lot of 1.113 because of the vast sweep of changes made. Since 1.113 appears to be one of the strongest versions yet with all the major bugs addressed, could you kindly update the module system for us :)
  12. tailis

[B]Warband minimod - Reworked Armors 1.6 [OSP]

lol, great work.

I just think it's funny that one of the most common armor types you see in native is the one that is hands down ugliest :razz: Now it's fixed :razz:
  13. tailis

Hopeful...but putting this game aside for now

GenericSoldierX said:
    A software masterpiece is something like Team Fortress 2 or Grand Theft Auto IV, I'll be playing them both for years

It's interesting to see this opinion, because if anything it shows how different people can be.

I do agree with you that GTA4 was a masterpiece, but yet again, all I remember is TONS of people who called GTA4 garbage when it first released.

For TF2, I hated that game, it was such simple and spammy gameplay. But as you show, there are some that would call what I think is a "broken game" a "masterpiece".

So you know, maybe you do find Warband boring, but I can't say it speaks for everyone because I sure find it a masterpiece :razz:
  14. tailis

v1.111 -- start playing, or wait for next patch?

There's nothing wrong with 1.111 imo. A lot of the major bugs have been ironed out, with the one thing left being that they have acknowledged that some troops still get the huddle bug on some maps which they said is still present cuz they overwrote some of their changes by mistake.

In my game however, it's only happened twice, and it's manageable since you can still tell your troops to follow you decently, and have them inch forward with you.

Other than that, I think it's fine for starting a new SP game. TW mentioned in the pathfinding bug report that the patches are save compatible so why not :smile:

Edit: Oh, and campaign AI resets to poor every time to close the game, so don't close the game much? :razz:
  15. tailis

Motion Blur in DX9 (SP)

Hmm, from those screenshots, I can tell the motion blur isn't working as intended on your machines.

For all my weapons, they have full opacity while having the trail effect behind the weapon. There must be some combination of video card compatibility or some setting causing it. I'm using an ATI 4880 and even tricking AA to work with HDR by renaming the game to Oblivion.exe, and I keep Adaptive AA off. I don't experience the invisible weapon effect as shown in the screenshots.

I have a hunch that Adaptive AA is the culprit.
  16. tailis

The Sarranid Faction

So let me drop a bombshell...

If you take a look at the module system files, the sarranids all use..... Swadian_face.............

Maybe a long time ago, the Swadian crusade against the old sarranid empire succeeded, massacring everyone and wiping them from the face of the earth. The new sarranids are therefore swadian run and have since declared independence from swadia :razz:
  17. tailis

1.111 Lance AI is fantastic!

I think they did too, but it wasn't consistent... Esp the companion AI I could never get to use a lance, they'd always put it away in favor of their sword. Now, companions consistently use the lance, which I think means the AI troops use it always too :smile:
  18. tailis

1.111 Lance AI is fantastic!

The weapon prioritization fix that was added in 1.110 is great. Mounted units are fully lance capable, including companions, who will now use the lance on horseback even when they have a secondary swinging weapon :) Thanks TW for this great fix! Wooowee, seeing those Lancers zooming by with...
  19. tailis

Bandit camp huddle

I think 1.111 might have missed a couple of locations for pathfinding fix. I've only been to 2 camps so far, but I noticed them getting stuck in the Shariz kidnapper's hideout, but later in a random forest bandit camp, the pathfinding was fine.
  20. tailis

Respect Taleworlds

You have my horse.
    2007-09-14-happy-pink-unicorn.jpg
Back
Top Bottom