Search results for query: *

1. Quick Questions/Quick Answers (Unofficial 'Ask Questions Here' Q&A Thread)

Roboto said:
    Hanakoganei said:
    Somebody may have already uploaded a pre-patched version. Could you link where you got it here so that these other people can use it too? I was particularly responding to their need for putting the .py file somewhere, which will do nothing unless you actually compile it with the rest of the source files. If it's already a pre-compiled .txt file, it should work with drag and drop, but it'll also negate any other mods you may have installed that modified the same file.

Found it at the floris mod pack at http://www.nexusmods.com/mbwarband/mods/3489/?tab=2&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fmbwarband%2Fajax%2Fmodfiles%2F%3Fid%3D3489&pUp=1 To my knowledge it's the official mod. It's under "updates" and it's only menu.txt you need to replace.

That's where I downloaded it from. I guess I'll try just using the menus.txt file and ignore the .py file and see how it goes. Thanks.
  2. Quick Questions/Quick Answers (Unofficial 'Ask Questions Here' Q&A Thread)

Hanakoganei said:
    Actually you need to know and do way more than that. The .py file is in the Dev Suite (Floris' fancy name for the Module System). You need to follow whatever instructions there are for the butter fix then compile the source files. You need to know what you are doing at least on a basic level.

I've never had to apply the butter fix myself so I can't give you a step by step. My point though is that it's not a simple drag and drop like some people have thought it is over the years.

Oh... They should create a new install package that already includes it then. The instructions that come with the butter fix just say "put the files in the relevant folders" so I think it's natural for people to assume it's supposed to be easy. :smile:
  3. Quick Questions/Quick Answers (Unofficial 'Ask Questions Here' Q&A Thread)

Trifler said:
    I downloaded the butter fix patch and I correctly installed the text file, but I can't figure out where the module_game_menu.py file is supposed to go. I don't see a Source folder, nor do I see any files in any of the folders that end in .py. All the patch says is to place the files in the appropriate places. :razz:

Can someone please answer this so I can play? I just need to know where to put the .py file.
  4. Bug Reports and Player Feedback

Lav said:
    http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,314817.msg7695400.html#msg7695400

It was yesterday, and I'm currently testing. Please have patience. :smile:

Sorry. I'm used to playing the 1.43 version and I hadn't seen that post. Thanks for linking it.
  5. Bug Reports and Player Feedback

I just downloaded and installed the latest version of this mod on a fresh installation of Warband.

- I was looking at the Rhodoks in the cool in-game troop tree and I noticed that the Rhodok Skirmisher, Rhodok Scout, and Rhodok Veteran Scout are equipped with swords, but they have Polearms skill. The Veteran Scout has about a 50/50 chance of having a polearm, but the Skirmisher and Scout have a 0% chance of having a polearm. The Rhodok Noble Troop Tree has the same problem. The Rhodok Spear Horseman takes the cake, with a 100% chance of spawning with a sword ("spear" horseman...), but having Polearm weapon skill.

- The Vaegir Footman and Sergeant have this problem to a smaller degree. The Vaegir Noble tree appears fine.

- The Khergit tree has a number of troops with this problem. The Khergit Rider, Horse Archer, Veteran Horse Archer, and Master Horse Archer are lacking Polearm skill even though they have polearms on their equipment list. The Khergit Kharash Scout, Kharash Rider, and Kharash Clansman are lacking Swork skill even though they have swords on their equipment lists. Ditto on the Khergit Noble tree.
  6. Quick Questions/Quick Answers (Unofficial 'Ask Questions Here' Q&A Thread)

I downloaded the butter fix patch and I correctly installed the text file, but I can't figure out where the module_game_menu.py file is supposed to go. I don't see a Source folder, nor do I see any files in any of the folders that end in .py. All the patch says is to place the files in the appropriate places. :razz:
  7. New Player Strategy (Story Mode)

Thanks for the guide.

Just FYI, you spelled "morale" wrong. "Moral" is like "the moral of the story".
  8. Player Suggestions and Feature Discussion

I'd like to see the price of basic cloth armor reduced. Things like a dress or wool cap shouldn't cost 700+.
  9. Faction questions - Strengths & Weaknesses?

Anyone know exactly what polearm the Cossack Marksmen start with?
  10. Some of my troops just don't show up?

As far as I can tell, this is the real reason:

The game tries to maintain the ratio of friendlies to enemies. The number of troops that can be on the battlefield (both sides put together) is limited. So, if you have 10 troops and the enemy has 50 troops, the game might drop 5 of your troops and 25 of the enemy troops. The ratio is then the same while reducing the overall number of troops on the battlefield at one time. After some of your troops fall (either dead or unconscious) some of your troops will spawn and you'll see "Reinforcements have arrived" appear on the screen. Unfortunately, this system has a lot standing against it, such as:

- While the ratio is maintained, it does nothing to measure the effectiveness of each troop.
    - It gives no consideration to picking the best troops for the enemy you're facing.
    - Reinforcements come in small groups which promptly get slaughtered with no damage to the enemy force.
    - A formation of Pikemen is very effective, but in ones and twos, the Pikes should be discarded in favor of other weapons. Again, this system doesn't account for this.

The only thing you can do is recognize that the game uses your Party list (the list of your troops under the Party button). It simply removes troops from the bottom up. Keeping your best troops at the top of the list will ensure that they are in the battle with you. That still won't account for having the right troop types for the enemy at hand, but it's the best you can do.
  11. Upgrading troops

I really wish there was a way to see the armor value of each part of your Mercenary's body (Head, Torso, etc.).
  12. Mount & Blade Warband Infantry Primer

Just wanted to mention that for Blunt damage, you didn't mention that in the campaign it knocks people out rather than killing them so you can take them prisoner. With other damage types there is a small chance they'll survive after the battle, but with blunt it's supposedly guaranteed.
  13. Sword Sister Crossbows

According to the troops.txt file, the Sword Sisters in 1.132 use Crossbows, even though in Warband, Crossbows are listed as unusable on horseback. I haven't tested it with my own character, but I've read that you can still fire the Crossbow and Heavy Crossbow, but you can't reload while on a...
  14. Calradia Map Refinement Minimod in Native Expansion?

Articulo34 said:
    I use it with NE and i havent noticed any problem.

Hmm... Ok I tried it, but it looks like it deletes a bunch of spawn points. I guess I'll try copying the stuff at the bottom of the Native Expansion's parties.txt file into the Calradia Map Refinement parties.txt file and see how it goes for now.
  15. Addons to Native Expansion.

Well excuse me for considering this mod still alive and kicking...
  16. Calradia Map Refinement Minimod in Native Expansion?

Pellagus said:
    You could have put this comment in the Addons thread instead of starting a new one. See the confusion you have caused in my poor old brain.

Sorry.
  17. Are stat-affecting wounds permanent?

Thank you. I'm glad they eventually heal!

It would be nice if the affected numbers turned red in your or a Companion's skills screen. They turn green for positive effects already.
  18. Addons to Native Expansion.

Personally I like installing the Graphical Enhancement 2.5 mod and then I take the mountain.dds file from Punkt's High Resolution Textures 2.0 pack and install that. The mountains really look great after that and mesh very well with the other GE 2.5 textures.
  19. Are stat-affecting wounds permanent?

I noticed that in this mod there's a chance in battle for things to happen such as your face getting scarred (-1 CHA) and other injuries which affect each of the other primary stats. What I want to know is if these are permanent or if they heal after a period of time?
  20. Calradia Map Refinement Minimod in Native Expansion?

Since this is the Native Expansion mod I'm surprised it isn't included already, but I would like to see the Calradia Map Refinement minimod added to the next release since it makes the Native map much cooler. It's still the Native map, only it has elevation changes between the lowlands, steppes...
Back
Top Bottom