1. Ignatz1

1866 - v0.9.1

Great news.  I'm downloading now.

Vista Del Sol was holding me up.

Thanks again... Best mod ever!!
  2. Ignatz1

[Europe 1805] Bug Reports

Kendoman said:
    The game is crashing when I'm loading my character.  I'm getting the runtime error.  I think I'm at about 325 days.  I believe there might be to much happening on the map (too many patrol units). POP3 runs into this problem at about 400 days sometimes.

Yes.  I've developed the same problem I think.  The game won't load after having played well into a campaign.  It seems reasonable that the game is over generating units.  As suggested a possible solution might be eliminating or curtailing the patroling units.  Personally I like the patrols, since they seem to be doing what they're intended to do (start fights that can be joined by larger units), but having the size of the game grow until it is unload-able is very disappointing indeed.

3. Ignatz1

1866 - v0.9.0

Kitfux said:
    mouthnhoof said:
    And then there's of course the "duck"  :mrgreen:
    unforgiven89.jpeg

Ah..  yes... The Duck of Death...  or is that the Man Called Horse?...  Now I'm really confused.... Pilgrim.
  4. Ignatz1

1866 - Bug Reports (v0.9.0 only)

yellowmosquito said:
    Ignatz1 said:
    yellowmosquito said:
    Graile pays $1 now.  I briefly attempted to make him pay more for according to prisoner level, but I couldn't find a way to pass that value into the buy prisoners presentation.

See http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,46290.msg1242239.html#msg1242239 for a fix for this.  I patched up the script.txt file as described and it works perfectly.  It adds a dimension to the 'prisoner' game by making you decide which to keep and which to cut loose based on their sale value.

Also a mini patch for the "ambush" bug would be greatly appreciated if a generally upgraded version is some time away.  That on is becoming annoying.

Otherwise, I'm having a blast with the new version.

Thanks for the link. I was able to fix the bug via the module system with this information. :smile:

Rather than releasing a patch, I'll just put out a whole new version with the bug fixes, hopefully in the next week or so.

A new version in a week or two will certainly fill the bill.  I'll look forward to it.

I'll use Kitfux's workaround in meantime.  For those of you haven't seen it it reads as follows.

Kitfux said:
    Already reported, and confirmed as a bug.
    Temporary workaround: Get you spotting skill up, then you get the option to ambush the ambushers with your whole outfit. No disappearing troops that way.

You can raise your spotting skill artificially by editing your exported character's spotting skill value, then re-importing it into the game.
  5. Ignatz1

1866 - Bug Reports (v0.9.0 only)

yellowmosquito said:
    Graile pays $1 now.  I briefly attempted to make him pay more for according to prisoner level, but I couldn't find a way to pass that value into the buy prisoners presentation.

See http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,46290.msg1242239.html#msg1242239 for a fix for this.  I patched up the script.txt file as described and it works perfectly.  It adds a dimension to the 'prisoner' game by making you decide which to keep and which to cut loose based on their sale value.

Also a mini patch for the "ambush" bug would be greatly appreciated if a generally upgraded version is some time away.  That on is becoming annoying.

Otherwise, I'm having a blast with the new version.
  6. Ignatz1

Scene Feedback

UniversalWolf said:
    EDIT (several days later):  I think my favorite scene so far is the "random combat" scene with the train stopped on top of the elevated bridge.  It's just cool.  :smile:

I like that one too.  It gives a real feeling of a BIG country.

All the scenes I've seen so far are very well done.

Has anyone noticed the horse in the corral in Bishop's Lodge with its landing gear retracted.  Maybe its old news, but I thought I'd mention it.
  7. Ignatz1

1866 - FAQ and Guide

Shrugging Khan said:
    is there a way to go out-of-character with the death cam? I always see dirt and grass when I get shot  :???:

Press the 'R' key to float a bit above the action and look around.
  8. Ignatz1

1866 - v0.9.0

Congrats on another superb effort. 

You've succeeded in making a marvelous mod ....  errr..  marvelous-er... 

Thanks again for all the hard work.
  9. Ignatz1

New Version Questions

yellowmosquito said:
    Just to let everyone know, we expect to release a new version in March.

This is wonderful news.  I've recently returned to playing 1866 manically.  I've always thought it one of the best M&B mods out there decided to look today to see if there might have been a new release.

I'll be sure to keep a sharp lookout for the newest version.

Thanks to all who worked on this mod for their excellent work.
  10. Ignatz1

about american civil war

Here's a shameless plug for my own American Civil War website.

http://www.uscivilwar.co.cc/index.htm

Take a look if you feel the urge.
  11. Ignatz1

About the CSA army...

Instead of Lee, put an other character...

Maybe try E. Kirby Smith?  Texas was part of Kirbysmithdom, as the Confederacy west of the Mississippi came to be known.
  12. Ignatz1

any new releases of 1866

NEVAH!!!...    Well.. maybe not never.

More like Eventually.
  13. Ignatz1

About the CSA army...

R.E. Lee would not have led a guerrilla  resistance in the South following the war.

See E. Porter Alexander's Memoir

http://books.google.com/books?id=9-WAYRaktqsC&pg=PA532&lpg=PA532&dq=a+state+of+society+would+ensue+from+which+it+would+take+the+country+years+to+recover.+%E2%80%9CWe+have+now+simply+to+look+the+fact+in+the+face+that+the+Confederacy+has+failed.&source=bl&ots=T9u_nH5WdU&sig=-EO7v2biKl37yk_6OXS2UmIewjM&hl=en&ei=xLPNS8-ZFoH-8Aaf9-Rc&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CAYQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=a%20state%20of%20society%20would%20ensue%20from%20which%20it%20would%20take%20the%20country%20years%20to%20recover.%20%E2%80%9CWe%20have%20now%20simply%20to%20look%20the%20fact%20in%20the%20face%20that%20the%20Confederacy%20has%20failed.&f=false

I quote from it below:
    He said: (Lee to Alexander)
    "There are here only about 15,000 men with muskets. Suppose two
    thirds, say 10,000, got away. Divided among the states their numbers
    would be too insignificant to accomplish the least good. Yes! The surrender
    of this army is the end of the Confederacy. As for foreign help l've
    never believed we could gain our independence except by our own arms.
    lf l ordered the men to go to Gen. Johnston few would go. Their homes
    have been overrun by the enemy & their families need them badly. we
    have now simply to look the fact in the face that the Confederacy has
    failed.

And as Christian men, Gen. Alexander, you & I have no right to think
    for one moment of our personal feelings or affairs. We must consider only
    the effect which our action will have upon the country Ill large.
    Suppose l should take your suggestion & order the army to disperse &
    make their way to their homes. The men would have no rations & they
    would be under no discipline. They are already demoralized by four years
    of war. They would have to plunder & rob to procure subsistence. The
    country would be full of lawless bands in every part, & a state of society
    would ensue from which it would take the country years to recover. Then
    the enemy’s cavalry would pursue in the hopes of catching the principal
    officers,& wherever they went there would be fresh rapine &
    destruction.

And as for myself, while you young men might afford to go to
    bushwhacking, the only proper & dignified course for me would be to
    surrender myself & take the consequences of my actions.
    But it is still early in the spring, & if the men can be quietly & quickly
    returned to their homes there is time to plant crops & begin to repair the
    ravages of the war. That is what l must now try to bring about. l expect to
    meet Gen. Grant at ten this morning in rear of the army & to surrender
    this army to him."

“But," he said, with a faint sort of smile, and with sympathy in his look &
    tone, for when he had said surrender the tears would swell in my eyes in
    spite of all I could do, “I can tell you for your comfort that Gen. Grant will
    not demand unconditional surrender. He will give us as honorable terms as
    we have right to ask or expect. The men can go to their homes & will only
    be bound not to fight again until exchanged.”

Then l thought I had never half known before what a big heart & brain
    our general had. l was so ashamed of having proposed to him such a foolish
    and wild cat scheme as my suggestion had been that l felt like begging him
    to forget that he had ever heard it. And not only did my own little plan, of
    running away if ever I saw a white flag, vanish into thin air, but nothing
    could now have induced me to miss the opportunity of contributing by
    presence, example, &L every means in my power to carrying out the gen-
    eral's wishes in every respect. It seemed now an inestimable privilege to
    serve under him to the very last moment, & that no scene in the whole life of
    the Army of Northern Virginia would be more honorable than the one
    which was now to close its record.

Following the Civil War the U.S. Army was engaged in the "Reconstruction" (read occupation) of states that had seceded.  But there was also a buildup of U.S. forces on the border with Mexico, to counter French forces that were propping up Emperor Maximilien's regime there.  The end of the Civil War freed troops to counter what was perceived as a European incursion into the Western Hemisphere (in violation of the Monroe  Doctrine).  French forces were withdrawn in fairly short order, and Maximilien "removed" from the throne.
  14. Ignatz1

DUEL! Possible spoiler for those that want to explore by themselves

Its out there.  Keep your eyes pealed.
  15. Ignatz1

has the mod already came out plz tell me!!!

I think he's asking if its come out of the closet yet.

Nope... 
  16. Ignatz1

This mod and warband

Edwards said:
    This mod is better than mount and blade, I haven't got warband yet because vanilla M&B doesn't do it for me, I'm waiting for great mods to be released until I get it, and this is a great mod.

Yep... Same here.  The PvP aspect of Warband seems interesting, but the Mods (like 1866) were what made Mount & Blade compelling.

I'll wait for some of the great mods to be ported over before buying.  By then the price may have dropped too.
  17. Ignatz1

The Banjo

Hmmm.. worked for me.

Are you sure you offered him the right kind of hat?

Actually you may be better off.  Now you won't feel compelled to lug the banjo around, or store it simply because it was a 'prize' that you received.  Still.. its disturbing when things don't work the way they should.
  18. Ignatz1

The South Will Rise Again! (Quick Q)

Keterex said:
    Gentle reminder : It is 1866, current politics will just get nasty given time.

( history happened, deal with it...)

The Republic of Texas was annexed as a state by the United States in 1845.  There was no Republic of Texas in 1866, and so no Texas Republicans.  Since there were none available there can be no Texas Republican faction in the game, current politics not withstanding.

Yep... History happened.
  19. Ignatz1

The South Will Rise Again! (Quick Q)

BobSels said:
    Why not make it "The Republic of Texas" instead of the Confederate States of America  :razz:

Do you mean Texas Republicans?  Hmmm..  Sort of like Southern Democrats?
  20. Ignatz1

The Banjo

yellowmosquito said:
    Just kind of a fun easter egg.  It's a banjo afterall....what do you expect it to do?

Uhm.....  What he said.

I think he may know something about this mod.  Its an EASTER EGG!.. something colorful and amusing.  Nothing more.
Back
Top Bottom