Search results for query: *

1. Future Plans

I would claim the opposite, but ok.
    The improvements they made in this aspect are necessary ones imo.

Sadly, they need to do a lot of work creating new scenes because of the new terrain system, but having more scenes is even not the main advantage, I would say.

I couldn't agree more, settlements need to be more alive, filled with motion and provide more options of interactions with buildings, objects, and people. The challenge here is providing interactions that go in line with the rest of the objectives of early, mid- and late gameplay.

This is the problem with current quests too, spending time doing them feels so insignificant because they give less value compared with, for example, farming bandits (another repetitive game mechanic). The value you get for quests needs to be more than just money because even if they match the money you making from fighting bandits (per time invested) one would always choose the fighting because there is plenty more fun and interaction than going through dialogs and deliver some items somewhere or whatever.

And then devs just keep adding more of the same rubbish thinking more of it will fill something but it only stinks more and more.
    QUESTS NEED TO BE RETHOUGHT AND REWO

I would claim the opposite, but ok.
    The improvements they made in this aspect are necessary ones imo.

Sadly, they need to do a lot of work creating new scenes because of the new terrain system, but having more scenes is even not the main advantage, I would say.

I couldn't agree more, settlements need to be more alive, filled with motion and provide more options of interactions with buildings, objects, and people. The challenge here is providing interactions that go in line with the rest of the objectives of early, mid- and late gameplay.

This is the problem with current quests too, spending time doing them feels so insignificant because they give less value compared with, for example, farming bandits (another repetitive game mechanic). The value you get for quests needs to be more than just money because even if they match the money you making from fighting bandits (per time invested) one would always choose the fighting because there is plenty more fun and interaction than going through dialogs and deliver some items somewhere or whatever.

And then devs just keep adding more of the same rubbish thinking more of it will fill something but it only stinks more and more.
    QUESTS NEED TO BE RETHOUGHT AND REWORKED
    I should've phrased it better. I meant gameplay over visuals. Good graphics is nice but gameplay is what keeps us playing.

I think it's also great that they're adding more scenes but imo they could've just added those much later in the development. The BTS for example doesn't matter as much in my experience because the AI still acts like a dumbass. In every battle I've played in 1.7, the only deciding factor on who wins is who's got more troops or who's got the most elite troops.

I've also had to fight multiple battles (at one point 5 consecutive) in the same battle scene because AI diplomacy is still trash, and AI lords still has that dumb mechanic where they spawn with their troops a day after they get released/ransomed. They just kept besieging the same fief over and over.

Just like in Warband, the only reason I'm even coming back to play the game is to try the awesome mods made by the community, which sucks because I badly want this game to be great.
  2. Future Plans

I started playing again because of the 1.7 update after not touching the game for a year. And yet 1 1/2 year later and your roadmap is still more scenes. More visual improvement. Stop it please.

Most players don't care about the visuals. Heck, most of us played through Warband for years when every other game looked 10 years ahead in terms of visuals.

Give us more options to interact with the world you're creating. It doesn't matter how many scenes you make when we don't visit them because there's literally no reason to. There's nothing to do when you walk through a town. At least in Warband, there was a chance you could get ambushed by assassins or robbers. You could attempt a jailbreak and fight through the town. Give us more events like that so we would have reason to go and walk around a settlement.

If you make the base game great, I don't care how many DLC or other paid features you make, I will buy them. Just please finish the base game. All extra improvements like visuals can come later.
  3. Any mod that prevents your clan's parties from donating troops to settlements?

You'll love it. Hands down top 5 mods.
    Nice man I saw the original mod for this and thought it was perfect. Does it have all of the functions of the original mod?
  4. Any mod that prevents your clan's parties from donating troops to settlements?

Thanks!

Edit: Saw this already. It doesn't say if it works on 1.5.7
  5. Any mod that prevents your clan's parties from donating troops to settlements?

I'm losing 5k a day because my clan's parties keep giving troops to settlements even though my settlements already have 500 plus garrison. It's an endless, frustrating cycle where they donate, recruit, donate, recruit, leaving me bankrupt. Any mod that prevents them from donating? Searched...
  6. In Progress Male lords wearing female dress

Title is pretty self-explanatory. Don't know yet how the bug happens, it just happens randomly for me, and only happens in lord's halls. First guy is a member of a rebel faction, the other is a noble from Battania.
  7. Leaving a faction after giving the Dragon Banner to faction ruler?

I was kind of hoping someone might answer this because I was curious but I don't know how common what your trying to do actually is.

My advice is to try it and see what happens. Just make a save before you do.

As for the main quest though, I don't think its actually finished and working properly so you might be worrying about nothing.
    Yeah probably everyone else is as clueless as I am. I don't know what else is in store in the main quest since it's my first playthrough. I'll try your suggestion and just test it out for a bit.
  8. Leaving a faction after giving the Dragon Banner to faction ruler?

I pledged fealty to Caledog of Battania and gave him the Dragon Banner to show my undying loyalty. Sadly, he died in battle after a few years. His son and new High King is an actual dog. Doesn't help in any battles, doesn't take any settlements or castles but for some reason, he thinks those are...
Back
Top Bottom