Leaving a faction after giving the Dragon Banner to faction ruler?

Users who are viewing this thread

I pledged fealty to Caledog of Battania and gave him the Dragon Banner to show my undying loyalty. Sadly, he died in battle after a few years. His son and new High King is an actual dog. Doesn't help in any battles, doesn't take any settlements or castles but for some reason, he thinks those are rightfully his and always gives them to himself. But I gritted my teeth and stayed loyal to my king. I was taking settlements and castles left and right in his name.

5 years later we were at war with the Western Empire which was the biggest threat to us so far. I besieged Lageta with my army because it had over 7k prosperity and I wanted it so bad. After we took the city, I received grave news. My sister Aitheen had died during the siege assault. I was struck with grief and inconsolable for days. But no matter, I had my prize- Lageta. Soon I will be swimming in thousands of denars, all that was left was for our King Dog to give it to me, and rightfully so.

The election has finally come. The lords of Battania support my rightful claim.

"Newdog of the Battanians takes Lageta as his fief despite his council's opposition."

I gathered my companions and prepared for war.

Tldr: What happens when I leave a faction and keep my holdings after I've already given the Dragon Banner to the faction head? Will I still be able to continue the main quest after that? No spoilers pls.

I was kind of hoping someone might answer this because I was curious but I don't know how common what your trying to do actually is.

My advice is to try it and see what happens. Just make a save before you do.

As for the main quest though, I don't think its actually finished and working properly so you might be worrying about nothing.

I was kind of hoping someone might answer this because I was curious but I don't know how common what your trying to do actually is.

My advice is to try it and see what happens. Just make a save before you do.

As for the main quest though, I don't think its actually finished and working properly so you might be worrying about nothing.
Yeah probably everyone else is as clueless as I am. I don't know what else is in store in the main quest since it's my first playthrough. I'll try your suggestion and just test it out for a bit.

Back
Top Bottom