Search results for query: *

1. Psiphoon

M&B Wow Mod

Whoah, steady on. Just do what you can and you can see about those things later. M&B modding is very easy, but also very rigid in what it allows you to do, so it's best to just look at what tools you have and work from there.
  2. Psiphoon

M&B Wow Mod

Austupaio said:
    Whether or not they'll sue is a trite conversation, there will not be a WoW mod, because anyone with the module system capabilities to actually pull it off, has no interest.

Well the op seems pretty keen, and at least competent enough to get the models in game and learn whatever else is necessary. All you have to do is download crpg mod and customise it so that it replaces the default models with your ripped resources (since crpg doesn't change anything of this sort so you can make the changes to native then swap a few text files). Hey presto, an almost perfect m&b wow clone using only the techniques just demonstrated!
  3. Psiphoon

Begining a modding project, ideas and feedback wanted

Faster running speed, sprawling levels and boss battles! Those are my suggestions. That said they don't really seem to fit the m&b framework- this game is made in a very specific way and lots of things are "unmoddable" or very fussy about how they want to work.
  4. Psiphoon

Mod Request: Attack Animations!

You don't need to touch the brfs at all, because pretty much all of the animations are still there in the game files. Just open actions.txt in notepad, and for each animation you want to put back

ready_overswing_staff 524288 1679818762  1
      0.350000 attacks_staff_uptodown 9 26 7 0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0

change the part shown in bold for it's entry so that it's the same as the matching part in 1.011 (it'll probably be something like "anim_human combat+1000 combat+1001", because anim_human is a weird file which doesn't use sensible numbers). And make sure you don't change the the part I've shown in italics, because that's hard coded and will crash the game.
  5. Psiphoon

vuk said:
    Kazzan said:
    Not that originals are much less mentally retarded... Play warband a bit then play M&B, see the differance, and imagine how it would look.

Anyways, there's probbly some way to get this to work.
    lol, I don't agree with you really. M&B's were not perfect, but they were not bad.
    I keep getting an error telling me that the animations won't work with the skeletons.

That's very weird, the human skeleton hasn't changed at all since 1.011, perhaps not even since warrider. What did you do?
  6. Psiphoon

OSP Animations Crawling

Well this is cool. Where do I put it to test it out? Also, you will want to increase the blend-in for the crawl animation in module_animations so he doesn't snap down so suddenly.
  7. Psiphoon

Combining certain mod aspects

I'm pretty sure there's nothing they can do so long as you don't release it or (god forbid) make somebody pay for it
  8. Psiphoon

Crossbow animation ... where?

Look in skeletons.brf, anim_human will be there in the animation tab. Anim_human has lots of animations compiled together, so you will have to split it with right click>auto-split to see the animations individually or export anything.
  9. Psiphoon

B Tutorial Animation No Assumed Skill: Making and Implementing Your Own Animations

Depends, if it's something like a parry you can bring it down as low as five frames. I try and follow the mocapped data with attack animations and go for about 70-120. It could probably be less if I cut out some inbetweens, but I try and avoid letting the game engine interpolate as much as possible because it can sometimes do weird things, like when the arm sometimes does a full rotation after an axe throw. Reload animations, espescially for something slow like a musket can easily run into the three-hundreds, doing all that re-numbering by hand is just not practical, particularly when you'll be wanting to test it in-game and then tweak it.

Maybe I'll try and learn programming from scratch and do it myself, it seems like the kind of application a beginner could make.
  10. Psiphoon

B Tutorial Animation No Assumed Skill: Making and Implementing Your Own Animations

So, for times 1, 2, and 3, delete the top two rows of bone information. That is, delete the rows beginning with 0 and 1. Now, acquire carpal tunnel syndrome by renumbering all the remaining rows so that they are numbered from 0 to 19 under each time value. I recommend using the keyboard – replace a number, then use the arrow keys to get to the next row, replace that, and so on. It doesn’t take long once you get the hang of it. Obviously, each number needs to be 2 lower than it is – so 2 becomes 0, 3 becomes 1 and so on. You must renumber them manually, because the information beside these numbers is unique, so you can't just paste over it (though there might be some fancy way of replacing them en masse which I haven’t thought of). Now replace the time values so that the 4 time values for the whole SMD are, in order: 0, 1, 30, and 100.

Jesus christ! Whoever made that exporter ballsed up big time, although perhaps the whole "thigh" thing didn't matter in source so it went unnoticed. It's really frustrating as well, because xsi is much better than max for animation, but I always end up with loads of frames and there's no way I'm renumbering all those bones for every single one. There has surely got to be a way of avoiding doing such a simple task manually.

ps: If anyone knows a way to "freeze" objects in xsi to make them unselectable (but still rigged and visible), please say how it's done. Or any other way of making selecting those bones quicker and easier for that matter. Would be muchly helpful
  11. Psiphoon

Original Thread

So you're porting the module system's changes to your module? I thought when you proted a mod you were meant to do it the other way around.
  12. Psiphoon

The animations are there, so it's not that hard. All you do is go through warband's module_animations and replace every entry with the matching entry from 1.011's module_animations. If it's not in the 1.011 module_animations then you leave it alone. Simples
  13. Psiphoon

LSP Other Music Original Music for your Mod.

This is very good stuff, and not just considering it's free
  14. Psiphoon

-------------------

Shik said:
    vuk said:
    Tried all the different ways, restarted my comp, everything. Can anyone tell me why it is not working?

Try this instead:

Right click on build_module.bat and click edit. Change the contents to this:

@echo off
    set OLDPATH=%PATH%
    set PATH="C:\Python25";%PATH%

python process_init.py
    python process_global_variables.py
    python process_strings.py
    python process_skills.py
    python process_music.py
    python process_animations.py
    python process_meshes.py
    python process_sounds.py
    python process_skins.py
    python process_map_icons.py
    python process_factions.py
    python process_items.py
    python process_scenes.py
    python process_troops.py
    python process_particle_sys.py
    python process_scene_props.py
    python process_tableau_materials.py
    python process_presentations.py
    python process_party_tmps.py
    python process_parties.py
    python process_quests.py
    python process_scripts.py
    python process_mission_tmps.py
    python process_game_menus.py
    python process_simple_triggers.py
    python process_dialogs.py
    python process_global_variables_unused.py

set PATH=%OLDPATH%
    @del *.pyc
    echo.
    echo ______________________________
    echo.
    echo Script processing has ended.
    echo Press any key to exit. . .
    pause>nul

Then try it.

Have you tried this?
  15. Psiphoon

New bones don't like being rigged

It switches instantly at the beginning and straight back at the end, so it will "warp" if the left hand is in the wrong place. Also, I'm pretty certain it binds it straight to hand.l rather than item.l, and offsets it so the hand is holding it around the middle.

To be honest though, I probably won't be using it- seeing the old animation again made me realise just how much I'd improved it with the second version.
  16. Psiphoon

New bones don't like being rigged

BLOODY HELL IF I HAD FOUND THIS EARLIER

I just noticed a flag in header_animations called "arf_stick_item_to_left_hand", which would have solved all my musket reloading problems in one fell swoop, no nessing about with skeletons necessary. I just tested it now, it works like a dream, and since it's also an arf I can put it in as a variant without disrupting my new better one. It even holds the weapon about halfway up, which makes me think that maybe it was put in specifically for muskets.
  17. Psiphoon

B Native Realism Mod. Bringing reality to Warband.

Devil_Inside said:
    I believe even the plate armor should be penetrated at short distances, and, with the ammo count, reduce it to what? 15 arrows per quiver? That's kind of.. not realistic?

An arrow is a carefully crafted and expensive missile...
  18. Psiphoon

OSP Other Animations Open source animations - bow animation test version

About firing at different angles- at the moment the method it uses is called "acf_rot_vertical_bow" which just rotates the spine, but there is another method called "acf_parralels_for_look slope" which uses three separate animations at different heights and interpolates between them. so we can decide where all his body parts are pointing for each direction, but obviously I'll have to do that bit last because it's dependent on the main animation.

The 1hand animations actually aren't mine! They're from ani_parry_attack which is in the native game files, and you'll see they're not in my brf, I just enabled them with the actions.txt. They're motion captured as well, which is why they look so awesome.

Twohanded block right: I agree, but the problem with this is the game only gives a block keeping animation, not a move to block animation (which is weird since I'm pretty sure there was one before warband). I'll probably remake it at some point so it's more a mirror of the left parry.

It is possible to create new animations, but you can't make new item capabilities, which makes it scripting hell to put them in combat (if it can be done at all, I've never tried scripting so I don't know). One thing I was thinking of doing though, once all the current sequences are up to scratch, was making a bunch of very slight variations so the animation doesn't play exactly the same every time, sometimes they don't get an exactly perfect swing or move slightly differently with the same result.
  19. Psiphoon

CalenLoki said:
    Nah...I knew I'd forgotten something... :razz:
    Feedback soon

EDIT - after adding missing line.... another crash at startup :razz:
    get_skeleton_anim failed for: death_ken2
    there is no such animation in brf...

That'd be my fault, I've got about 4 installations of warband on my hdd and files can sometimes get mixed between them. Re-download and replace actions.txt, should work now
  20. Psiphoon

that's weird, it's definitely in the brf. Are you sure load_mod_resource = custom_animations line is in module.ini, in the right place? It should be in the list where all the other load_resources are.
Back
Top Bottom