Search results for query: *

1. Olympeus

Bannerlord Refunded

Public Service Announcement: I was able to refund this game through steam despite 400+ hours played. My initial request was denied as it fell outside of Steam's 2-hour/14 day refund window. However, Steam allow you to appeal that decision and they will review on a case-by-case basis. I...
  2. Olympeus

New patch, new features?

I heard there was a new patch. Which unfinished features were completed with the new patch? Which of the promises but missing features that haven’t been started were implemented?
  3. Olympeus

Statement regarding Plans for Singleplayer and Engine

I've been playing Mount&Blade in one form or another since the first release in 2008. I downloaded pretty much every mod in existence but with this Bannerlord release, Taleworlds has far exceeded my expectations and I'm not a person easily impressed or easy to please to say the least. They used to call me 'slave driver' at work.
    I want to thank all the developers who are working on this game. By gosh, GREAT JOB! (y)
    You have been playing M&B for 12 years and this was your first post on a forum account that is 20 minutes old?
  4. Olympeus

We need alliances

@Olympeus i'm here long enough to know the difference between asking a simple question, and starting a passive agressive one with "huh?", as well ad knowing when threads start being hostile, as most recently there was a plethora of those too.

As i see you didn't understand, that wasn't slander nor a derail, that was me reacting to reports on your post, by verbally warning you before the situation gets out of hand and the thread derails, so that hopefully there would be no reason for me to take further action.

I would be sorry and apologized by now if i was mistaken, but i now see i wasn't.

Please, do continue in a civil manner.
    Instead of reacting to reports try exercising better independent judgment.
  5. Olympeus

Has anyone married Siga?

High tactics skill (unless they changed that) and a set of literally impossible combat stats. Considering that when/if you croak you can play as your spouse, well... it sure is nice having a set of stats that can't ever be replicated in the course of a normal playthrough.
    Good point. If TW implement death in a manner that makes sense for me to enable that option having a wife as backup main character would be fine. In the game’s current state I don’t see much reason to consider multi-generational gameplay and with the way death works I see even less reason to turn the option on.
  6. Olympeus

We need alliances

You forgot October which is the month that comes before November, as far as I know we are still in September. That's 6 months. Also I guess you missed where we got past the OP subject with a resounding YES and then Mexxico agreed and talked about needing to think about the negatives and positives of actual alliances (people posting to help is not being off topic), he didn't ask about the timeline to do it. I'm not trying to project manage them, but YOU clearly are by asking about scope, timeline, roadmaps and cost. I suggest you practice what you preach.
    September is about over and the conversation is taking place in October, which still puts us at 5 months. Re-read the post (there is a link above).

Let me ask you this, do you have any reasons why alliances should or shouldn't be implemented other than scope, timeline, cost. So like gameplay related? Don't worry we can talk about it here, no need for a new thread :wink:
    Yes.
  7. Olympeus

Has anyone married Siga?

either way, she seems like a good option being the strongest female character in game. and i'm not planning to play for 20 years to get my children to be playable anyways
    In what way noticeable way is Siga the strongest female character in the game? (besides a stat sheet full of numbers).

In other words if you make her a party leader have you noticed that she fares better than any particular wanderer you can pick-up in a tavern?

If you place her in in your party is what ways is she more useful than an additional T6 Battanian Fian, or some wanderer with the Bloodaxe or a similar moniker?

I haven't found any of the women (spouses) to be particularly strong as party leaders or battle companions. Their utility in those roles seems practically indistinguishable from one to another.

At one time I thought the stat sheet was an indicator of strength but as it turns out there doesn't seem to be much effect on their impact to gameplay.
    I think the only women (spouse) character I could consider strong in the game right now would be one that comes with 5+ endurance and either low levels and/or plenty of focus points in smithing. She will make an extra smith in your party and not count against your companion limit. I guess that is strong as it will allow you to level blacksmithing more efficiently than another spouse with zero potential for smithing.
  8. Olympeus

We need alliances

Luckily you actually take a jab at yourself here as you clearly state that this feature would somehow be part of a dlc expansion when clearly was stated would be not you easily state that this would be a far future update this is also completely false as you cannot know when something will be releasing.
    What? If there is a coherent thought in there I can't find it. Please edit your post and express yourself, in a way that someone would have a reasonable chance of understanding what you are trying to say.

If that link you provided is "the closest thing we have to a roadmap" that is very concerning, as that link is to a list of features the team is working on organized by game mechanic, and not at all development roadmap. It is not organized by workstream, there is no accounting for resources, there is no sequential ordering or listing of dependencies, there are no detailed dates or even milestones, there aren't considerations for different phases (e.g. code, implement, test, release). All of this and much more should be on an internally facing roadmap that the TW team look at on a daily basis and much of this should be on an externally facing roadmap that TW can share with their customers.
  9. Olympeus

Lack of variety of companion heroes

Thanks for your input but a simple "no I'm not having issues" would be enough. I wanted to see if this was an issue with just me or the latest version of BL. Idk why you feel like you needed to come into this post and just drop a load of :poop: on it with your ea rant.
    Good I'm glad I could help. Here is something else you may find helpful. Find the search box in the top right of the forum page and type "companions".
  10. Olympeus

We need alliances

Hmmm so many "interesting" perspectives here....

It seems a number of folks are having trouble staying on topic, perhaps the forum moderators will step in and help us out. Speaking of which....

That is not nice... mexxico is the last person you should ask passive aggressive questions.

All of us sometimes criticise TaleWorlds, but there is a big difference in being snarky and being constructive, as there are boundaries in ways of expressing your critisism we all should obey in order for developers to feel comfortable coming to the forums and interacting, which can only benefit the game and the players.

If they are met with a hostile enviroment, that just hurts every party involved.
    @Piconi Keep your slander to yourself and try to stay on topic.

Accusing me of being "not nice" or creating a "hostile environment" for asking how a game company will implement a major feature such as Alliances in what will be a 4-5 month window is the very definition of creating a "hostile environment". I don't know what criteria there is for awarding a moderator badge but you may want to consider turning yours in.

I asked when we will get this feature and pointed out for very obvious reasons why it would seem EA is out of the question. I also asked for a development roadmap and timeline which would presumably answer my first question. A company should expect these questions and should be able to answer them.

Watch the environment you are creating before you start handing out advice.

He is in vacation and will be coming back at October. Just don't post for sake of it.
    @scarface52 did you read my post or did you read the first sentence and then post for the sake of it? I won't await your reply, I already know the answer.

Missing the point of the thread (also its 6 months until the beginning of April). Talk about how you think alliances could work to help us think it through.
    November, December, January, February, March. It's actually 5 months, but you were close. As long as you are not a project manager at TaleWorlds I won't hold your inability to track to a deadline against you.

The point of the thread was "We need alliances". It's in the title, in case YOU missed it. Therefore, one of the most pertinent line of questions are 1) are alliances already in scope? 2) if yes, then when? 3) if not then when and at what cost? It's difficult to define "need" without this information as all projects are constrained by trade-offs between scope, time, and cost.

It seems you want to have a discussion on "How should alliances be implemented". There is a suggestions forum where you can start that thread and go crazy. Alternatively, if you perceive the point of this thread titled "We need alliances" to be a discussion on how alliances should work then go ahead and have that discussion. I won't stop you, or presume to tell you that you are "missing the point of the thread" and ask you to participate in a different discussion that I would rather have. Live your life (but please don't take a job as a project manager for TaleWorlds).

-------------------------------------------------

So I asked some pretty basic questions about when and how alliances could realistically be implemented and Mexxico, to his credit, (thank you @mexxico) provided some insight. It seems many of you missed his post, and I suggest you go read it here, before you succumb to further hysteria and derail this thread further.

Based upon the additional information provided by Mexxico I can firmly say, no we do not NEED alliances. At least I personally do not. I would much prefer TaleWorlds finish Early Access and not introduce scope creep into the project. I would prefer Alliances are placed on the backburner as a DLC or 6-month patch or 2nd year expansion or whatever makes the most sense in terms of the overall project timeline and content roadmap.
    Without access to a project timeline and content roadmap it's hard to say with any informed opinion what is or isn't scope creep, and how alliances do or do not fit into the 5 year-roadmap for the game.

There is a long list of features that are not implemented or not working correctly that I would place on higher priority (i.e. that the game NEEDS) before alliances. This list of features is probably more than enough to keep TaleWorlds busy through the next 6 months of Early Access when the game is supposed to be finished.

Some customers may not mind games the remain in a perpetual state of Early Access even if they have continuous amount of rough edges while remaining under constant development. Those customers are the same that helped usher in the new monetization schemes that game companies abuse today.

I remember when game companies used to have to invest millions of dollars of corporate cash to develop and polish a game, then burn that game on a CD (or other media), then ship that game to stores, then hope enough people would buy their game and LOVE it on DAY 1 so they could recoup their initial investment and then turn a profit.

If there are any trade-offs that involve extending Early Access of an unfinished, unpolished, and often un-fun game vs. finishing the game and realizing it's current potential, I am in favor of finishing the game.
  11. Olympeus

We need alliances

I offered alliances idea to armagan too. It is “partly accepted” but we will talk about details at October.

Going talk about alliances in October huh?

That will leave you about 4 months left of “Early Access”. Are alliances being discussed as part of an expansion 2 years from now or a free/paid DLC 1 year from now?

Considering nothing is implemented yet in Vanilla and you will have 4 months left in October this alliance talk must be for a far-future version of the game.

Where is the link to a detailed timeline and roadmap for this game’s development? It’s really hard to follow how all these pie-in-the-sky ideas fit within the framework of actual plan without having the timeline and roadmap as a backdrop for the discussion.

Does someone have a link to where TW have posted their detailed timeline and corresponding development roadmap?

Has that roadmap been extended to the first DLC and expansion so we can see how alliances fit in a few years from now? Or will the roadmap only get updated after the October discussion if this new feature you are adding to the scope of work?
  12. Olympeus

Lack of variety of companion heroes

It's all a crap shoot at this point, and I really feel like the uncertainty of types of companions needs to be addressed along with plenty of other issues with companions. Is anyone else having this issue or am I just unlucky?

No everything with companions is working fine for everyone but you. You must have been unlucky.

You didn’t by chance purchase the “Early Access” version of the game did you? That could be the source of your bad luck.

You see, the “Early Access” is where most of the features of a game exist in name only but none of them are implemented yet.

“None” you say? That’s right, none of them.

You see, in “Early Access” none of the features are implemented, even after 6 months, but 6 more months from now everything will be magically implemented.

There will be no incremental progress. One day patch 1.9.0 will release and the game is finished.

You see, all of us come from 6 months in the future where the game is finished. That’s why you don’t see any posts about companions on the forum except to praise how awesome they are.

It’s just your bad luck you aren’t a future-person and you bought an Early Access game.

Take it from us future-people, you have nothing to worry about. In 6 months from today, TaleWorlds will just make everything work.
  13. Olympeus

Isn't raiding villages supposed to be a dishonorable thing?

News flash: NPC character traits are cosmetic and have no impact on gameplay.

Just one of many mechanics left to implement by modders.
  14. Olympeus

Max citys?

i have to spend most my time going around and killing looters just to almost not be broke

This is your only problem right here. You are paying wages for 4 war parties to chase looters. Chasing looters is not a source of income for a Tier 1 clan much less a Tier 4 clan.

All you need to do is form an army with all 4 of your clan parties and wage war.

If you are making war your income will always be positive. Don’t worry about your troop tiers, workshop types, fief prosperity or any other advice you get.

If you don’t want to wage war (or smith) and still want a positive income with 2 towns, 3 castles, 5 workshops, and 4 caravans then simply dismiss all your parties except your main. What you have should be enough to support a main party wage of 3K-5K. If your main party wage is lower than 3K you can certainly afford at least 1 clan party.

Your additional clan parties (that you didn’t mention) are what is draining your daily income. They are an expense and will not generate Denar unless your put them in your own army.

So either dismiss them all (problem solved) or wage war (problem solved) or smith (problem solved).

There is no depth to the passive income gameplay. The daily income mechanics may as well be cosmetic.

Also congratulations on having high prosperity towns (in the current patch?). I’ve heard it’s impossible. If you earned these high prosperity towns by constant questing and looters chasing this is probably why you went broke.

That’s Bannerlord gameplay in peak form. Not your fault, but now you know better.
  15. Olympeus

it just keeps getting worse

Imagine being such a miserable asshat that you would repeatedly tell someone that their opinions is “valid” and should be “respected” while at the same time ridiculing their opinion as “ridiculous” and a “waste of time”. Calling them “miserable”, “ignorant”, “troll, and a “**** poster”

Why would this guy’s opinion of a video game offend you so much anyway?
  16. Olympeus

Timelines

Yes a good timeline is critical to the success of any project.

Creating a timeline requires a complete work-breakdown-structure of the project so that every task is understood in terms scope, level of effort, cost, and the person assigned.

The tasks also need to be arranged in sequential order with every predecessor and and successor relationship between tasks understood, which forces an understanding of the work into the project team and leadership.

For team members, the timeline is a consistent referential anchor point to ensure priorities are always understood and lines of communication remain clear and open. The timeline empowers team members to carry out their work with autonomy while providing a clear view of how their tasks inform the overall project success.

For management, a timeline is critical to communicate milestones and set expectations for expense and revenue and ensure adequate resources are available to the project team.

For customers, a timeline is the single most powerful piece of communication at a company’s disposal to communicate a future-state vision, generate interest, set expectations, and be transparent.

I can’t imagine leading a project without a timeline or withholding that timeline from any of my stakeholders.

Perhaps the most moronic attitude one can take towards a project is “it will be done when it’s done”.

This attitude can only spawn from the ineptitude of projects which don’t have timelines, and guess what....*spoiler*....those projects don’t “get done”.

To the Original Poster,

Are you implying TW does not have a timeline for Bannerlord 2?

I’m relatively new here, but surely TW have posted a detailed timeline for the project multiple times? I’m sure a community manager or a member of community will provide a link to the project timeline shortly.
  17. Olympeus

Problem with loading Mods!

Hello,

i have a problem with loading mods. everytime when i load mods there is a crash where says: You are loading an unverified code from: ModName
    i have already unblocked the dll.
    Someone mentioned that the 13 GB patch that gave us new sheep models broke all or most of the mods that were working prior to 1.5.1

You might be out of luck.
  18. Olympeus

it just keeps getting worse

@Allaidh1 good summary.

Yes the game is broke.

No the Devs don’t know how to fix it. At best they are a bunch of individual worker bees carrying out their daily tasks but with ZERO collective intelligence guiding their work.

Yes the best solution is to stop playing the game, hope the Devs stop touching the game, let more capable hands of modders in the community take over.

The Devs need to minimize the damage by their continued “development” and give modders a stable platform to work from.
  19. Olympeus

[1.5.2]settlements' issues reduced prosperity seems unreasonable

I’m surprised there haven’t been more posts about how broken settlements are. I am guessing most people are fatigued with the game and stopped caring/posting.

Wait for modders to fix the game. If TW can release Mod tools the community will probably clean this game up in a fraction of the time it is going to take TW.
  20. Olympeus

1.5.1/1.5.2 is playing as a horse archer decent now?

20 something percent of bow skill perks are implemented and I don’t know if any of those have to do with horse archery.

Check Bannerlord perks to see if any meaningful perks have been implemented since you last played as a horse archer.

I personally do not prefer horse archery; however, the very poor game design basically forces the use of a bow in order to level the riding skill.

Without exploits you can level riding over 150 in less than a year with bow.

Using a Polearm maybe you will get to 100 after 10 years.

That’s good game design.

Edit: Oh and I should mention that you don’t need to be moving to level your riding skill. Simply STAND STILL with your mount and fire your bow at enemies.

EPIC.
Back
Top Bottom