Search results for query: *

1. Luthaniel

Ladies with no parents.

Many thanks folks that actually saved a lot of head scratching, I'll just give up on them for now.
  2. Luthaniel

Some questions

3- The minor factions without bases and roleplay 100%
  3. Luthaniel

Ladies with no parents.

Hey all, I'm currently trying to marry off my brother. There are a load of ladies of appropriate age around 20ish, anyway they have no family on their encyclopedia profile. There profiles are completely blank, no friends, no enemies and no family, just their image and a clan name. So the usual...
  4. Luthaniel

Switched to Beta.

Maybe you have a different keyboard layout. With the dev console mod you also need to press ctrl + ~ but in my case I have to press ctrl and the key above tab so it's ctrl + | .
    Thanks, sorted now.
  5. Luthaniel

Switched to Beta.

Yes, that's how you switch. I don't know anything about console though. Maybe switch back to 1.4.1 then again switch to 1.4.2?
    Thanks i'll give it a shot.
  6. Luthaniel

Switched to Beta.

Yeah I tried that pretty much evry combo one can think off. Thanks for response.
  7. Luthaniel

Need help with console commands (1.4.2) no mods clean save

I see you use no mods. I assume beta then for command console. I recently switched to beta but can't get the console working, can you tell me how you make it open? Thanks.
  8. Luthaniel

Desperately needed - FORTS !

Yeah I was thinking that too, would be cool, maybe a set number of forts allowed at any one time like 8 or 9 or something placed at players discretion as you say at strategic points throughout the map. I do feel if it was unlimited the map would just end up being insane. Also perhaps slightly more than ten men 40/50 maybe for a bit more challenge. I think this would be cool too and provide more options if for instance you wanted to play a campaign solely as a bandit, little pop up hideouts where one could launch raids from or simply lie low a divi up loot and stuff.
  9. Luthaniel

Switched to Beta.

Hi all. I'm not to savy with all this anyway I switched to beta to avail of the command console supposedly added in last update however it does not appear to be working. I press Crtl + ~ and nothing happens. Anyone know how to resolve this. I'm not sure if i switched to beta correctly, I went...
  10. Luthaniel

Using mods first time.

Fixed Launcher isn't absolutely necessary to run mods, but its very helpful because it will remember your load order between game sessions and alert you if a mod is missing its requirements. The native launcher works but you have to reorder the mods each time you play.

Other than that, mods are pretty simple. You extract the mod into the Modules folder and activate in the launcher and you're good to go. Make sure you always read the mod description carefully. Some mods will require other mods to run properly. Load order can be important for some mods. Required mods need to load before the ones that require them. Certain mods need to be loaded before the native mods and so on, so make sure to read everything on the mod page. And be careful with mods that look like they're affecting the same game systems as there can be conflicts if multiple mods are trying to change the same files.

Most mods can be safely uninstalled mid-game if you don't like how they work, but some shouldn't be. I think mods that add new troops or new items can cause issues if you uninstall them mid-game, so be careful of that.

And make sure the mod is compatible with the game version you're on. Each patch tends to break earlier mods, so you need to make sure the mod you're using is up-to-date. I recommend browsing Nexus by "Last Updated" and only using mods that have been updated since the patch you're on was released. Some older mods still work fine so if you want to try one, make sure to check the comments and see if other people have been able to run it on the latest patches.

Once you've got a nice modlist that you like and want to start a long playthrough, you should make sure to set Steam to Offline mode, so that when TW releases a new patch, it won't break all of your mods and you can finish your run in peace.

Thanks so much Irontoe, very thorough and helpful answer, I was a bit lost tbh. Many thanks.
    PS: I hope your toe gets better.
  11. Luthaniel

Using mods first time.

Morning all. I am gonna give mods a try and was just wondering is there any specific considerations or precautions I should take prior to install. I seen somewhere people taking about a "fixed launcher" which they contend is necessary for mods to run correctly or something? I could be wrong...
  12. Luthaniel

A few things...

If you are newly joined to a faction try to accumulate as much influence as possible by combat. The best and easiest way to accrue influence is directly from fiefs with the right policies in place. So unfortunately to start you have to try and grind some out.
    Up until this point I've always aligned with Vandalia but will so something different in my new one.

I usually get offered castles but turn then down. I wait for a town seige but instead of joining the army I assist with my own party once the fighting starts. I find this way I'm able to commit more troops to the battle than if I'd joined the army. I therefore am able to make a bigger impact and kill a higher proportion of defenders.
    I save the game different files before joining the battle and afterwards before the vote.
    I usually find if I drop 50 influence I get the town. I also usually get the next two if they are close using the same tactic, though usually need to drop 100 influence. In my last 3 play throughs I've held 3 battanian towns though never been able to expand on that. I shelved them all at between day 300 and 450ish to try something else.
    Thanks Liffy.
  13. Luthaniel

My character's wife got pregnant 7 times, all of them were girls!

Awww that's lovely, nice wee family for ye. :smile: You'll be out a fortune on make up and stuff.
  14. Luthaniel

console commands..

Is there a console in native single player and if so how to open it. I seen in patch notes it says alt + ~? Is this the case?? many thanks.
  15. Luthaniel

A few things...

Location is a factor. If you have nearby fiefs they tend to be more likely to give it to you, instead of spreading you out all over.
    Cheers had no idea that was a consideration. Good to know cheers.
  16. Luthaniel

A few things...

Hi, for the first point you need to accumulate influence as a vassal and when a vote takes place you must use it to give you a better chance to get it. You can save before the vote and reload to check if you can get a different result

Usually they will give you a fief when they capture one if your clan tier is high and you just joined a faction and have no fief but i dont know the details of how the mechanic works exactly.

For the siege thing it didnt happen to me yet but i have read that it is a bug that they will likely fix whereas your last point about the nerfed income from workshops/caravans, it is also an issue/bug the devs are aware of it so it should be fixed in the near future.
    Cheers for response, just as I thought about the fricking fiefs, oh well just keep grinding i suppose. My last playthrough the sturgians were much more generous, I was a wealthy land owner :grin:. Thanks again.
  17. Luthaniel

A few things...

Hey all. A couple of questions here. Firstly can someone tell what factors exactly determine who gets a fief? Just atm with current playthrough I'm playing as Khuzaits. Anyway every single place we have taken has gone to monchug he currently has around 18 or 19 fiefs (excluding villages). So...
  18. Luthaniel

Perk progress.

They just uploaded a big patch which is supposed to fix a bunch of them, but the whole perk overhaul will probably take a while
    Thanks Irontoe just seen the update. :smile: I suppose it's a start.
  19. Luthaniel

Perk progress.

Hey all. Forgive me if this has been answered elsewhere but I was just wondering is there any word on perk progress as in getting them working? Thanks.
  20. Luthaniel

Insane war strategies.

Yes, I was caught in a hilarious and stupid situation after the 1.4.1 removed the truce time: there was a Sturgian castle (can't remember its name), and almost every faction was at war with Sturgia and mostly at war with each other. So, Vlandia took that castle and left it with about 50 defenders inside. The catle was located far-far away from Vlandia's major settlements, so there were no lords nearby. Then an enemy army came by, laid a siege to that castle and took it for themselves.They left it with about 100 defenders inside. They army I was enlisted in immediately turned around to lay siege on that castle again. We were about to lay a siege to some Sturigan town and we nearly reached it, when the AI decided to turn around and go to the other end of the map to retake that castle. Then his army was dispersed because and he gathered an army again. He went to that castle and retook it. Then another faction's army came by to that castle and took it. And our army turned around again to retake it...

The circle broke only when a peace treaty was declared with a few factions. So now I have personal special war called "Sturgian castle war".
    :grin:
Back
Top Bottom