Desperately needed - FORTS !

User placed small fort

• Yes, I want the ability to place watch towers / small forts

Votes: 35 87.5%
  • No, will probably screw up the path finding

Votes: 5 12.5%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Let players build forts anywhere especially at choke points. Once built ,the player can place up to .. ? .. 10 soldiers in the fort to block enemies. The purpose of a fort is to block enemies, mostly crims, from rampaging around your realm. yes, you can build forts near villages, to protect them.

I realize this would mean a new "fort" model and map .. but initially we could use a standard map without any structure.

Obviously, a 10 man small fort / watch tower isn't going to stop a large enemy army.

thoughts ?

Let players build forts anywhere especially at choke points. Once built ,the player can place up to .. ? .. 10 soldiers in the fort to block enemies. The purpose of a fort is to block enemies, mostly crims, from rampaging around your realm. yes, you can build forts near villages, to protect them.

I realize this would mean a new "fort" model and map .. but initially we could use a standard map without any structure.

Obviously, a 10 man small fort / watch tower isn't going to stop a large enemy army.

thoughts ?

I like the idea to be able to create small patrols from castles to patrol the villages attached to them, but I am afraid that looters and another bandits are playing a big role in the economy... so removing them or nerfing their effects with forts/patrols may unbalance it.

Yeah I was thinking that too, would be cool, maybe a set number of forts allowed at any one time like 8 or 9 or something placed at players discretion as you say at strategic points throughout the map. I do feel if it was unlimited the map would just end up being insane. Also perhaps slightly more than ten men 40/50 maybe for a bit more challenge. I think this would be cool too and provide more options if for instance you wanted to play a campaign solely as a bandit, little pop up hideouts where one could launch raids from or simply lie low a divi up loot and stuff.

I think this would be cool too and provide more options if for instance you wanted to play a campaign solely as a bandit, little pop up hideouts where one could launch raids from or simply lie low a divi up loot and stuff.

Yeah I would like the fort for this reason, not even just a bandit any independent faction that doesn't want to compete on the world stage. Maybe when you clear out bandit forts you could take them and use them as a fort, to prevent these forts from popping up everywhere. assuming you aren't enemies with any factions then the only threat to you would be if the bandits come back.

no passive or at least limited income, but just having the ability to garrison is super useful.

I don't want to see the already small map littered with a bunch of crap. I would like to see them allow you to build a hideout or home base(1, not a bunch) like in Viking Conquest.

Building a bunch of crap inside an already tightly packed map seems like trash to me though.

I am 100% down for small paliside hillforts that give you the opportunity for mini sieges (eg: ladders only).

I'm assuming it would take alot of work to implement it in a way in which other lords use it, but it may work as an alternative to bandit hideouts for main factions in the world map

I am 100% down for small paliside hillforts that give you the opportunity for mini sieges (eg: ladders only).

I'm assuming it would take alot of work to implement it in a way in which other lords use it, but it may work as an alternative to bandit hideouts for main factions in the world map

Or a simple Hill fort with open gates / no walls (dirt ramp & moat), that means no siege equipment required. Should be alot simpler to build.

I don't want to see the already small map littered with a bunch of crap. I would like to see them allow you to build a hideout or home base(1, not a bunch) like in Viking Conquest.

Building a bunch of crap inside an already tightly packed map seems like trash to me though.
I agree, The map definitely needs to be larger!

I'd imagine each faction would be limited to say 6 forts. LOLs internally thinking where the AI will stick it's forts.

The beauty of forts is that it gives players the ability to locate structures, a very cool part of CIV game play, and block bandit plagues.

Each fort would be just a tall hill , half way up you'd have ditch and palisade with 3 or 4 openings. Top of the hill would be watch tower ? (just for visuals). On campaign, soldiers in the fort would charge out and attack any enemies their equal or less. If fort is attacked by a strong enemy, defending HI would block openings in palisade while archers fire from behind spike walls.

Should be simplest solution ? hope it happens ? :smile:

It would make also sense to deploy watchtowers with scouts which could report in if a foreign army is moving into your territory.
It's really stupid you find out some huge army is besieging your fiefs only when they start the siege. Every king with brain would deploy scouts around the territory. There should be some system of monitoring your land. Scouts in villages/towns or castles which would report to king that a huge force is moving in.

It would make also sense to deploy watchtowers with scouts which could report in if a foreign army is moving into your territory.
It's really stupid you find out some huge army is besieging your fiefs only when they start the siege. Every king with brain would deploy scouts around the territory. There should be some system of monitoring your land. Scouts in villages/towns or castles which would report to king that a huge force is moving in.

Agree. Just like med2TotalWar where you could build watch towers on your borders to see who was entering your realm. light cav would give you extended vision from the Fort, and HI and Archers, a blocking / road bump, for any invader. And as others have mentioned, a fort could be your private hide away, just like in VC.

I like the idea to be able to create small patrols from castles to patrol the villages attached to them, but I am afraid that looters and another bandits are playing a big role in the economy... so removing them or nerfing their effects with forts/patrols may unbalance it.

There are mods that do this on the nexus all ready so it can be done.

I just would be happy to be able to make a stronghold/outpost we can upgrade and maybe eventually it can become a castle or town. Something like they had in Viking Conquest but can grow. That way you can go from a mercenary to Bannorlord to king.

Than agian I also hope they open up more of the map later in the future.

There are mods that do this on the nexus all ready so it can be done.

I just would be happy to be able to make a stronghold/outpost we can upgrade and maybe eventually it can become a castle or town. Something like they had in Viking Conquest but can grow. That way you can go from a mercenary to Bannorlord to king.

Than agian I also hope they open up more of the map later in the future.

yes, the mod is - PartyAIOverhaul&Commands , essential for me. You can order your companions to either patrol around your Castle / City, supporting the linked villages .. or patrol around a certain village. excellent mod.

I still think a blocking Fort / watch tower is required to stop bandits entering your realm and chasing your villagers. Plus you get warned of invading armies.

I remember reading somewhere that they originally had planned to do something like this, but eventually decided that it would be too complicated to implement and dropped it. It will probably be modded in at some point though.

I would love to be able to make forts out outposts, but tbh I would love to be able to build or do almost ANYTHING!
I wish for a mod someday where you create you own private village with it's own npcs and you grow a faction slowly from there! Or you know a different game like that!

I remember reading somewhere that they originally had planned to do something like this, but eventually decided that it would be too complicated to implement and dropped it. It will probably be modded in at some point though.

VC had personal Hide out that you could place where you liked. so .. yep, probably a mod at some stage. If we get tools, it will be quicker.

VC had personal Hide out that you could place where you liked. so .. yep, probably a mod at some stage. If we get tools, it will be quicker.
Yep I'm hoping for this for my Mercenary play through where I can go back some where and rest up or switch out troops for training and certain fighting. It would be perfect for my horseman play through I'm doing on the side right now. I really hate you have to become a vassal or your own kingdom to own a castle, but would love a hideout/outpost like we had in VC.

Back
Top Bottom