Search results for query: *

1. MFN Figue

Can we do something about the khuzaits?

Historically, the Mongols picked up some half-decent siege warfare capabilities while in China, and that was sufficient against many of the weaker castles in Eastern Europe, but inadequate against the heavier fortifications in the West.

In the game, cavalry should receive NO bonuses in sieges, and the Khuzaits should get a small penalty to siege warfare to offset their map-speed advantage. That would still leave them as fearsome opponents in field battles, and quite capable of driving off or engaging besiegers, but they'd struggle to take anyone else's castles. Another option would be to check if the number of spearmen in an army exceeded the number of cavalry in the other, in which case the cavalry modifier could be reduced from 20% to 10%.
    I quite like this kind of idea, because i do understand how it makes sense for the khuzaits to be fearsome in open field battles, they are a mongol inspired faction after all, but the fact they can beat pretty much anyone on the field, AND siege just as well (or even better) than other factions is just dumb.
  2. MFN Figue

So... what's the deal with sea raiders?

They seem to increase the higher level you get....can always one-shot you with javs though..buggers.
    Yeah, bandit parties do seem to increase in size and numbers the higher level you go, but i didn't just start the campaign and go there, i was playing for about 2 hours, so i had decent equipment, a decent party, companions and plenty gold to go around. It isn't the first time this happens though, many times before sea raiders seem to be an endangered species on the map with only a couple parties to be found, but never have i encountered absolutely NO sea raiders like this time.
  3. MFN Figue

Well.. I should hand over my save game... my map is ranover with searaiders, if not raiders, than a mix of looters or steppe bandits... between every town there is a hideout. no matter how much I kill of them,,

they don't die, they just multiply.

Its even so bad, that If i don't babysit the landstrip between Revyl and Varcheg, Revyl becomes totally isolated and cutt off from the rest of the world.

Every few days there spawn 2 sea raider hideouts and 1 forest bandit hideout on this mini strip of land. This breaks the economy of Sturgia, as all the caravans going up to revyl get butchered and all the villagers as well. I feel like AI lords should be able to attack hideouts as well, because currently its just a broken mechanism that only gives you headaches the longer you play the game.
    I know right? Literally in the last campaign i started, i was trading is sturgia (before even joining a faction) and i got ambushed by a total of 83 freaking sea raiders, it altmost broke my entire army of 50 troops, but now there is nobody to be seen, it is so weird.
  4. MFN Figue

Especially in the eastern theater, the Khuzaits are the force to beat (unless you ride with them). Historically, it was such such tribes and cultural branches thereof that would challenge and defeat Imperial entities like the Romans of Constantinople. Even long after they established themselves as the self-styled inheritors of the Roman Legacy, the Ottomans still hoisted the horse-tailed banner at the start of fierce campaigns. So you're basically fighting history itself as you try to stem the tide of Khuzait victories.

But if you can beat the Khuzaits, you can probably beat any other faction in the game with ease by comparison. The biggest hassle is that even if you take their cities, the AI lords will not do a good job of holding on to them. My plan, if I ever get around to it, will be to try retaining ownership of Khuzaits cities for my own fiefdoms. Chaikland would be a very nice place for me to set up shop :wink:
    Oh yeah, i get the whole historic thing which i do admit is really cool, and i noticed it right away! But it just isn't fun that in every campaign i start after a few turns i look at the map to see how every faction is doing to see who is stronger and who is weaker, and go figure the kuzhaits already took Amprela and Myzea. The problem isn't that i have a hard time defeating them, i just charge my cav into their horse archer and most of the time that stops them from destroying my entire army, but doing that over and over and over again feels cheap and no matter how many times I defeat them my allies are still helpless, and the player can't be everywhere.
  5. MFN Figue

So far i have been to 3 areas that usually have lots of sea raiders on the map. First is the area right above Pravend (usually the most effective area), the second one is the coast between Diathma and Argoron, this one has few of them but still works sometimes. And the third one is the entire...
  6. MFN Figue

I have started about 12 different campaigns in bannerlord as different factions, different playstyles, etc. And it always seems that which factions are more powerful is kinda random, there are some that are usually stronger, like the vlandians, but there is a good variety when it comes to power...
  7. MFN Figue

Problem with fiefs and new member of the faction

I know many people have already pointed out how weird and random the fief rewarding system is, where the player sometimes isn't nominated for any fief once it is taken, but my problem is something a little bit different. I don't know if anyone else has had this problem. So i decided to make an...
Back
Top Bottom