Search results for query: *

1. Good job TaleWorlds

Hihi. Sounds you’re not that different after all :grin:

I dont censor things I disagree with, so not in the least.

Am I a nice man? Not by your reckoning, probably.
  2. Good job TaleWorlds

+1 The game has over 87,000 reviews on Steam with the overwhelming majority of them very positive. Most people are busy actually playing/testing leaving this forum to be overrun by trolls and those expecting a completed game. We need a community manager to get rid of those only here to cause chaos...of course leaving the "constructive" criticism and suggestions alone as that belongs.

Devs are doing a good job and I expect to see much as the months go by.

- snip -
  3. Is this game dead?

If hadnt accidentally clicked a reddit link earlier, this would be the stupidest thing I've read all day no contest.
  4. How does the AI Make Decisions?

Raganvad throws darts at a map of Calradia and picks a fight with whoever it lands on
  5. Unlanded Nobles should be a Priority

This is a major gameplay priority for me. As you say, ruler behaviour prevents the player from acting as a vassal in anything but name.

If they did nothing else, adding some bump to the chances for an unlanded player to receive a fief, and respecting prior ownership in the same way, would make a huge difference.

More in depth adjustments to the nuts and bolts of the system can come later, but in the interim I really hope we see those changes.
  6. I like the influence system

It works at its core, I'd agree. Real life intangible stuff has to be abstracted somehow for a game to deal with it as numbers, and ive seen much worse systems attempting that.

I think it needs more features and options, as far as how you can use it to make AI characters take desirable actions, or sometimes more importantly, make them stop doing something thats really screwing you over. I think ultimately it needs to become a proper currency of sorts that is used within a kingdom to create semi-formal factions and power blocs, that are actually capable of instigating significant change or civil war. Right now who I'm voting with or against on a kingdom decision feels a bit transient or random.

I would like to see clearer ideological factions, with actual goals that influence their votes, and the ability over time to associate with a particular faction or secure their votes on a given issue. It would be great if the individual personalities and ideas affected factions they would be likely to join or support.
  7. Patch Notes e1.2.0 & Beta e1.3.0

Fixed clipping issues on various clothes

Personally I really appreciate speedy fixes to stuff like this. I havent loaded in so dont know exactly what all you did on this run, but it really makes a game feel polished and slick the more its dynamic elements respect the changing stuff around it. Really hoping to see stuff like Highland Cape and similar items respecting shields and weapons stored on the back, and drooping mail head armour that drops and hits the shoulders nicely, that sort of thing.

Small touches, but classy ones IMO if they happen. Maybe just for player character.
  8. When is Bannerlord playable?

For me, it's unplayable. I don't define playability as being able to load the game and play it. If that was the case, you could create a game in a few minutes, drop a ball to a plane, give control over the ball to player and let him roll the ball around. There, a game that can be played. Does playing it makes any sense? No. Same goes for Bannerlord.

I wish I had power to make legislation in real life. Sale or purchase of software in this state would be forbidden and punishable. Selling software that is 30% complete and is more or less in a bare bones demo state, that I would place on a level of an investment pitch during talks with potential investors is highly immoral and should be punishable by law.

Early access. Pff. No. Early access or closed beta in my dictionary means full content, stable game, that has passed intensive internal testing and is free of major bugs, given for free to certain reliable people for additional testing, people who would play for reviews and valuable feedback, considering that it's not possible to test every individual environment case in the studio. After closed beta, there is an open beta which is also free, where people can try and see if it's worth their time and money (even though games are never worth money) and perhaps offer some valuable feedback, even though that can't and shouldn't be expected from an average person. It's more of a marketing thing. We are not there to test, we are consumers. I don't test any products before manufacturer puts it on the market. I try it once it's out there and decide if I will buy it. Finally, once it's released, there has to be a free demo, so that people can make their final decision. Periods between beta and release is usually short, if everything is ok. If it's not ok, that means team has failed and should save what can be saved if anything can be saved, as it's too late to start over. Many games were cancelled before release.

After 8 years of development, Warband still has more content and even it was content dry and would become boring quickly without mods. Relying on mods to make base game worth buying is unacceptable, which is the reason I never bought it, but got it for free, played it for a few days until I've seen everything that it could offer and uninstalled. No, it's not stealing, as you can make infinite copies and sell the product indefinitely without any new production investments, which is not moral and my actions have not made any losses on your side, as I would've never bought the game anyway, even if piracy didn't exist. Games get developed and released in 1-2 years if team is capable and has enough money. If you don't have what's required, why try? Huge MMO's take a few as they are...well huge. Bannerlord is not huge. Not even close.

During numerous blog posts it was clear to me that developer was beating around the bush as they didn't have a product, so they had to do something to trick us into thinking that there is one and that it's going through fine polishing in order to be perfect. Hype. Wow, imagine the physics, immersion. Yeah, sure, like a sane person can care about such easily undetectable details as shield moving differently when hit in different part of it, while focused on staying alive in a battle of hundreds, with hundred different things happening on the screen at each moment. Didn't see anything wrong with Warband regarding immersion. Can you even get immersed, truly lose the sense of reality, forget that you are playing a game? Nope.

I haven't bought Bannerlord and never will. Taleworlds should be closed, no support from my side. I got it for free as a gift, by a tricked friend, Warband fan who actually thought that he was buying a 90% finished game, which is reasonable, played for a few hours and gave up. I'm not sure how refund works and if it's even possible anymore as some time has passed and I'm not going to spend time on researching that. I felt sorry for him, even thought of paying him for his gift, as a refund, in one moment.

Trade? Yes, it's there. It was there in Warband and it was kind of worth it, even though it required a lot of time investment into leading a ledger and statistics manually. Can you get rich by trading quickly? Not really, I traded for hours, made detailed excel sheet of buying and selling prices for every product, every village and city, talked with caravans and made notes of rumors, made analysis of what is worth trading and where. Spent more time doing that than playing really. Invested all points into trading and crafting and I had made a trader background. So, in the end, more time spent going around trying to make profit than actually making a profit and investing it further. Took forever to get to ~15k to buy a caravan, only to lose an expensive companion and get a few hundred per day. So, no caravans, ever again. Ok, workshops. Wait...how do you buy them? Ah, talk to a random worker. 200 per day and only 3 in the whole world. Fantastic, never again. Velvet factory Warband, anyone? Automatic ledger which would track all buying and selling prices of every place you have visited and trading rumors? No? Not even something similar to Patrician III ? I have to spend hours filling an excel table, noting down what I've bought, where, for how much, where I should sell, how many, for how much, what my profit will be? No warehouses to store goods for later when prices rise or auto traders that would buy goods once price drops below a certain value or sell once it's above a certain value?

Crafting for a few seconds, then resting more than it takes to craft to get stamina to craft again, to get random unlocks, to make useless worthless items. Spend bunch of money and time on buying materials. Money which you get how if you only craft, as it's a full time job? You can't be a trader, craftsmen, warrior and a lord at the same time. Immersion ? No stamina when you travel, I guess no one rests during travel. Keep repeating it for a year, perhaps you will level up enough, unlock everything and make something useful one day. Is that ever going to lead to a better weapon than a one you can buy?

Good luck with crossbows, I guess it requires years of practice to be able to use a simple tool.

Village and town immersion? Skip. Could've saved a lot of time and resources on that. Yeah, don't really see a reason to enter a village or a town, ever. Walking around just for the sake of immersion is a waste of time in a game such this one. One of a few features I missed the most in vanilla Warband was to be able to talk with an elder without having to ride into village or a city. So, mods implemented it, as many felt the same. Thanks for that in Bannerlord.

Reputation in order to get recruits? Having to do whole 5 quests that exist in the game, for who knows how long, having to lose reputation with one person in order to get it with another person, so that you could recruit real troops? Wouldn't even try. Warband system was ok, but even that was tiring without automatic experience gain from the trainer perk, which still wouldn't speed things up enough.

Didn't do quests in Warband, as it was pointless and there was silly small variety of them. Didn't do them here either after trying a few of them, for the same reason.

Battles with looters, to level up villagers that throw stones and die in 2 seconds or turn their backs and run away, while getting picked off, again and again and again. Nah.

Kingdom management and diplomacy I wouldn't even touch, as I'm playing a role playing action game, not RTS and the game doesn't have RTS controls either...not going to run around, taking over, investing into and developing properties, while others are being taken from me and destroyed at the same time, which can't be prevented. Got sick of babysitting castles, villages and towns in Warband, just so that they wouldn't be taken over or destroyed, which makes all my previous effort pointless. More you have, harder it gets. Tiresome. Never enough profit to make it worth my time. If stuff in real life was getting destroyed so often and so quickly, I wonder how anyone is alive today. All villages burned, castles sieged and looted again and again. For RTS I reach for Total War, Europa Universalis and such.

In the end, I went from tournament to tournament, got some loot and money from betting (you can't bet on others, but you can watch, really?) as it was the quickest way, even though rewards and tournament concept are silly, invested into trading, which wasn't worth it and that was it. At least rewards in Warband were making it worth your time if you win. Even in Warband I would only play tournaments that had no long range weapons.

Non existing conversations in an RPG? Place holders. No story? Right, sandbox and demo state, ok. Then there shouldn't be a conversation option. Dull in Warband, worse in Bannerlord.

Skilling system that makes some sense, but is terrible in general and not worth it?

Children? Wives. Dinasties. What the...Crusader Kings? What are you trying to be?

Major bugs, bunch of bugs and glitches in general, no content, bad implementation of so many things.

No map in battles which would make some tactical outcome possible, at least? Commands that have no function really. Just charge as in Warband. They will all start running away soon and won't object as you move slowly near by, picking them off one by one.

Multiplayer? Mordhau.

Single player? Kingdom come deliverance.

Only things I appreciated in Bannerlord are easier trade and physics, as I don't have to click 10 times to sell 10 pieces of the same product, but only move a slider (pretty wierd that no one thought of such a simple and logical thing during Warband development) and that I could realistically destroy people for a few battles before it got repetetive. Siege weapons are a plus, but can you fully destroy walls with them which is the only reason to justify their existence? I gave up before getting that far into the game, but from reading comments I can conclude sieges are also terrible.

I guess this is my review. No, it's not a change request or feedback. I'm sure you will do just fine with this, as you are already doing from such high sales, which was the point all along. No need for quality, if you can sell trash. I understand, it's the market today. Include DLC and lootboxes just in case. What was the name...No man's sky? Fallout 4 / 76 ? Electronic Arts?

This is just a really really REALLY long version of the classic

"I bought an early access game without reading anything at all and now I'm mad. P.S. here is why the devs are ****, I just can't understand why I don't work at a game studio as an ideas guy."
  9. What do you want Bannerlord to be?

I'll preface this by saying that I havent played previous M&B games, and my opinions really just relate to Bannerlord in isolation.

The core of the game is really, really good. It reminds me of an old PC game called Pirates of the Caribbean from back in the early 2000s; it's a little janky, but visual standards are high, at least in the areas that have received more polish so far. More importantly the game world is deep, and my interaction with it is deep in the sense that almost nothing is "canned"; your game world will look and feel quite different to mine when 50 years have passed. I'm pretty hopeful that with several years of patches and hopefully quality paid content packs, it could ultimately be one of the standout games I've played in my life.

With that said, my hopes for this game's general future, technology/schedule/developer inclination permitting, in relative chronological order:

- Game breaking bug fixes. An obvious step 1, but any major crashes and game-breaking stat issues that prevent the content that exists currently from being properly enjoyed.

- Finalising of existing content. Here I think of stuff like sieges, or custom kingdoms, amongst a number of other things; aspects of the game which have most of the mechanics in place and a heap of potential, but need some time either being tweaked and cleaned up, or secondary layers of interaction adding to flesh out the feature.

- Breathing some life into settlements/fiefs. A big focus on ambient sound, a bit of background voice acting, a sense of business and lives being led. Banners of the current owner flying. Hustle and bustle. As part of that, a couple more regular, useful gameplay reasons to visit and walk around. The reason I rank this highly is because it gives a lot of emotional context; you feel more attached, and its more meaningful when the castle is ablaze as besiegers scale the walls. The more effort put into this, within reason, the more rewarding the whole rest of the already existing game becomes.

-Somewhat related, but the more things I am able to own and customise in the game world, the better. The "how" of this obviously has to be balanced against the bang for buck, but allowing me to decorate my thone room, or my "personal quarters" etc, can go a long way to increasing my personal attachment to the world and the other things I do in it. This extends to potential customisation, in some way, of any type of land or property the player owns. Tying these things to an in game purpose, like other lords opinion of me if they see it for example, makes this effect even stronger.

- Somewhere down the line, naval stuff would be fantastic, and open up whole new types of gameplay. I appreciate the scale of challenge this can be, depending on how faithful and deep you want to go with it. Still, if pulled off well it would be an amazing addition to the game.

-Two types of major DLC I would for sure love to see; firstly, land based. It would be nice to open up areas beyond Calradia if appropriate. The other is time-based DLC, in the form of items and mechanics that represent social and military progression through the middle ages. Since this game begins in the seeds of the middle ages, it would be cool to me if future expansions focused to some extent on extending the time range that the game represents, and letting the player dynasty live through that evolution, CKII style.

Side notes and things that arent important per se, but would bring a smile to my face:

- lots of flowy, billowy cloth options, capes etc, but with a bit of attention paid to preventing egregious clipping (mostly inventory scenes and such, where weapons and shields get stacked on top).

- ability to create custom troop trees with variable costs based on equipment/skills/culture; maybe as extension of custom kingdom or something?

There's obviously a lot to improve and I'm sure theres a lot of crucial stuff to be done in the immediate term. I do feel that many of those somewhat obvious things will be ironed out in good time, and I've tried to focus more on where it might ultimately end up and what that road looks like in my dreams. Curious to hear what others think.
Back
Top Bottom