Search results for query: *

1. MariusThePaladin

Is this mod dead?

Best wishes to Zimke and his new projects.

A shame though, an MMO and reaction-based usually, automatically, means a no-go for a guy who lives in South East Asia like me.
    I wish he'd focus on Single Player game instead.
  2. MariusThePaladin

How do you join the Manchurian faction ?

Hi all, I have just recently started a new game and decided to try something different (and silly). So, I basically role play as a group of wuxia-ish martial artist from Wudang Academy who came down from Mt.Wudang and join in the fray. (I unlocked some lamellar and Kherjit armor along with some...
  3. MariusThePaladin

Gekokujo II?

Boshin War ?

The Shogunate's samurai will learn to fear the power of my bolt-action rifle!  :smile:
  4. MariusThePaladin

Extreme Realism Mod

Warhorse in history should not be as strong as those medieval tank in vanilla mount&blade I agree, but to compare them to regular horse or racing horse these day would be a mistake also.

Those warhorse back in the days were basically a pack of buffed muscles on 4 legs.
    Horses these days are more on lean and atheletic side. Kinda like comparing a body builder to a runner.

I don't know about Japanese warhorse though, but from what I've seen, they don't use cavalry tactic that much, and even when it comes to this

The Takeda clan's cavalry were feared because they held a patch of land that had stronger breeds of horses.

Cavalry would have been used to attack archers and slingers and arquebusiers and whatever other ranged troops might be arrayed on the battlefield.

I believe we all know how well it went for Takeda. :sad:

So Hedetora is probably right here. The Japanese weren't using regular warhorse, but more like those smaller horse or ponies.
  5. MariusThePaladin

New poll coming Special armors?

Um, Nobleman armor please ? The kind of mail that that also give you a cloak and fatness when you wear it. Comes in red, gree, and blue.
  6. MariusThePaladin

What faction do you fight for?

I mainly have 3 playstyles

As a true Roman descant - I freelance/mercenary for any Briton factions that's fighting against the Angle, Saxon, and Jute - But I mainly stay with Pengwern as they are the strongest Briton faction in most games I play.

As a Scandinavian immigrant - I served as a mercenary to any Pagan factions that's losing the war - either that or I just go raid Ireland for money.  :twisted: So no favorite faction here.
    As a mysterious man who cliamed to be a certian mythical hero of old that return to Britian, with an intention to be its saviour - Dumnonia, ofcourse.
  7. MariusThePaladin

Are you going to add Boudica

Boudicca is about Britons resisting Roman influence in Britain at all cost.

Brytenwalda is about Britons cliaming to be of Roman descant.  :lol:
  8. MariusThePaladin

SP Antiquity Dark Ages 485AD Darkness Rising

Wellenbrecher said:
    Because imageshack "restructured" their service a while ago. That wasn't something that Dumbatz actively did.
    Who also hasn't been active since February last year. Go figure what that means for the mod.

It means one day he'll be back with a completeled mod to surpirse all of us. :grin:

Noooooooooooo this is the only mod that's featuring late Wester Roman Empire. Please don't let it die.  :cry:
  9. MariusThePaladin

Rome at War: Suggestions/bugs

Dan11311 said:
    MariusThePaladin said:
    I like this mod so far and I considered it the best Roman mod out there. My favorite part of it is the Samnite.  :wink:

I have a suggestion.

Will you consider increasing the reinforcement wave number please ? Currently, the battle stop and you have to start charging again after 100 men, on either side die. (about 1 reinforcement wave only)

This turn 1000 VS 1000 battle in to a painful AI staring contest.  :???:  It's also given unreal advantages to archer (since troops need to start walking across the field again while getting shot at...) and it also make numerican advantage less significant than troops' skill.

It's also not good for freelancing players.

Also, I would like to ask some questions
    1. what happenned to arena ?
    2. Are you planning to fill in the whole Europe map ? :grin: Because right now, when I zoomed out, I can see the whole europe, although much of it is just an empty space right now.
    Thank you for your hardwork in this wonderful mod, and i'm looking foward to seeing it grows!
    What are your hardware specs that allow you to do 1000 man or more battles?

By 1000, I didn't mean putting all 1000 men in a battlefield at once at the same time, I mean on the overworld map. You don't need powerful computer for having 1000 men on the overworld map.

My point is, eventhough you have 1000 men on your side, after just 100 men appear on the battlefield and die, I wish the rest would just keep spawning untill they run out of men instead of requiring me to press tab and get out of the battle scene just to start the whole thing again with another wave of friends/foe.

You will have to quit the battle and start it again 10 times if it's 1000 vs 1000 men battle.
  10. MariusThePaladin

Rome at War: Suggestions/bugs

I like this mod so far and I considered it the best Roman mod out there. My favorite part of it is the Samnite.  :wink:

I have a suggestion.

Will you consider increasing the reinforcement wave number please ? Currently, the battle stop and you have to start charging again after 100 men, on either side die. (about 1 reinforcement wave only)

This turn 1000 VS 1000 battle in to a painful AI staring contest.  :???:  It's also given unreal advantages to archer (since troops need to start walking across the field again while getting shot at...) and it also make numerican advantage less significant than troops' skill.

It's also not good for freelancing players.

Also, I would like to ask some questions
    1. what happenned to arena ?
    2. Are you planning to fill in the whole Europe map ? :grin: Because right now, when I zoomed out, I can see the whole europe, although much of it is just an empty space right now.
    Thank you for your hardwork in this wonderful mod, and i'm looking foward to seeing it grows!
  11. MariusThePaladin

Any Banners not Being used by Lords on the List?

Synelor said:
    AFAIK, if you choose a banner already in use by another lord, he will change to a new one.

Couldn't that be solved by starting as a non-noble character then becoming one (and carrying a banner) later ?
  12. MariusThePaladin

What the hell does this even mean?

Tuidjy said:
    It means that it is magical. If you hold the sword so that you hit the enemy with the blunt side, you can magically defeat armor better that with the sharp edge.  I understand that it's from some bull**** anime.  I pretend I do not see it.

In game terms, like many other weapons, this one has two ways in which it can be held and you switch between them with [X].  In this particular case, both ways involve holding it with two hands.  In one mode, it's more or less a katana.  In the other more, it's a katana that cuts through armor to knock people out.

Sane examples of a weapon that can be used in two modes:
    - a musket that switches between being a ranged weapon (musket) and a polearm (clumsy club)
    - a long pike that can be used underarm or overarm, with different animations, ranges, etc...
    - a nagamaki that can be used as a two-handed sword or as a strangely balanced polearm.

I'm kind of puzzled that Gekokujo implements the Sabawhatever as a two mode weapon,  but none of the three examples I have given.

It is called Easter Egg.  It is something for the purpose of ****s and giggles in video game like an Excalibur in zombie apocalypse or lasergun in WWII.  And phlpp is an anime culture's fan. :wink:

Sabakato is an anime katana that is sharpened at the spine part, but have an unsharpened edge. Simple as that.

If you use it normally, you will ended up stiking people with the blunt edge part, but if you change the weapon mode (x button by default) you will supposedly strike people with the sharpened spine instead.

The idea of this weapon in the anime is that the user have had enough of taking life, but he still make a living by the sword so he find a way to make it harder for himself to take a life instead.

And if you try to use that kind of katana irl, that's exactly what you'll get.

Striking people with katana spine will be really awkward, and it might even get bent, and damage caused by unsharpened edge would be even absurbed by simple thick clothing.

However, since it's part of an easter egg, I guess the unrealistic stats is just there to reflect what its user in the anime could do with it, instead of reflecting its realistic performance.
  13. MariusThePaladin

Post items you would like in AOC II (screenshots of items in progress)

^
    ^
    Dual wield do happenned a lot in south-east asian countries. Especially in Siam. I'm not sure if it's historical accurate or not, but the movies, fighting choreography, and even many martial arts school that claim to be historical still largely featuring dual sword style. And when someone make or sell Siam's sword, they came in pair.  :grin:

If you're going to add vietnamnese swords, might I suggest vietnam kiem sword aswell ?

They look almost like Chinese Jian, but the blade is narrower, or a lot narrower, and the blade are oftenly imported from western countries.

rare-vietnamese-kiem-sword-with-silver-elephant-tooth-hilt-and-pearl-inlay-10-3080.jpg

s1551.jpg

ph-0.jpg
  14. MariusThePaladin

Gekokujo: Bugs and Suggestions

I found out in 3.0 that General Suzuki of Ikko Ikki think of himself as a woman.  :facepalm:
    Although so far I have not seen any ill-effect. I can still ask him for his daughter.  :roll:

15. MariusThePaladin

Music- Sound Track

Sending it via PM
  16. MariusThePaladin

Why are guns so accurate?

Tuidjy said:
    Innocent Flower said:
    With A bow and good accuracy, the player can kill units in quick succession. With a gun, regardless of if you've got a kill or not, you're going to be waiting a while for your next chance.  (also, guns are expensive)

Sure, but maximum Power Draw costs 10 skill points, and there could be a period in character's life where the bow is barely scratching dangerous opponents.  I am saying could, because I personally do not leave the arena until I am past that point. 

The way I see it, being a master archer is a commitment.  When the player chooses that path, he pretty much forgoes utility skills, and accept much lower health.  And if you want to get the truly best from a bow, you need 30 in strength and 27 in agility, which makes you the best humanly possible archer, and those are amazing, in real life.

On the other hand, even the most dedicated leader can easily become a great sniper with no investment in stats or skills.  And when I say a sniper, I mean someone capable of feats utterly impossible with a modern smooth-bore shotgun and rifled slugs, let alone with a 16th century teppo that has been loaded and primed in 10 seconds.

---------------

Slightly off topic.  When you are rescuing a prisoner, there are a few things that you can do to pretty much guarantee a success.

If you are rescuing a friendly or neutral prisoner, and expecting trouble, you can find a relative of his, and get a quest to free him.  This will allow you to set up a distraction, and that will drastically reduce the number of guards that will threaten the prisoner.

When the prisoner asks you whether he should assist you or keep behind, ask him to assist you, especially if you are afraid he may go down.  Now you can ask the prisoner to hold position in a safe location.  If you have bodyguards, make sure they're not in group 1, so that you can order them while the prisoner stay safe..

If you rate bodyguards choose those you have trained as musket snipers.  With anywhere from 11 to 17 companions who do not conflict with each other, and 11 more you can keep around with persuasion, you have no reason not to have a few guys with Firearms 300+.  These guys will take out the enemy snipers pretty easily, especially if you quickly dispatch the closest enemies yourself.

Brilliant! I used to get the rescue quest in other mod, but I never know there's a distraction or something before. Also, I didn't know you can order a prisoner. I tried to order them once but they acted like they don't care, so I thought it's a intended feature. (Like Hurr durr, I'm lord, I don't take your orders lol).

I don't have a bodyguard yet though. Still a retainer. Easier to build up relation with lords this way.
  17. MariusThePaladin

The future for the Brytenwalda team

Congratulations on the releash of the expansion! I will make sure to buy it once I saved up enough money.

I got a question about the future of Brytenwalda though.

Will there be any future patch or update for it ? Will there be any other fixes or quest continuation ? Or is everything absolutely finished for Brytenwalda ?

Thank you bery much!
  18. MariusThePaladin

Interior scenes improvements

Ohhh that look really nice. I've always wanted some light to shine in to castle or inn so that I can look closely and clearly at my character's detail with indoor light.
    #narcissus
  19. MariusThePaladin

Articulo34 said:
    MariusThePaladin said:
    The problem isn't the accuracy of the gun, but the accuracy of Warband AI  :neutral: They are know to be professional snipers with all kind of projectile weapon in every mod. God damn aim bot, they are.
    Keep the distance. With decent armor even a Negoro teppo won´t do much damage if you stay away. And try not to be the first thing in range, as the AI is known to be quite single minded when it comes to pick a target.

PPQ_Purple said:
    So let them. Frankly I like things as they are. Charging into an army of gunners head first without a shield should be a suicide move.

Again, it has been like that since Native. But the problem is not in regular traditional field fighting, which there are other targets for them to shoot at afterall, but the problem is things like rescue the prisoner quest.

There's only 1 or 2 of you, whom you can't let being knocked out, or all is lost. But there are atleast 3 gunmen who can accurately snipe you or the prisoner at the entrace of the prison from on top of the castle.
    I usually made it with these kind of quest after like almost 10 try. I can beat all the melee guards up, but the quest usually fail just because a lone gunman headshotting me or the rescued prisonner.
  20. MariusThePaladin

The problem isn't the accuracy of the gun, but the accuracy of Warband AI  :neutral: They are know to be professional snipers with all kind of projectile weapon in every mod. God damn aim bot, they are.
Back
Top Bottom