Search results for query: *

1. New Install - Cannot Start Start Game.

Ok...maybe posted the problem a little to hastily, but I did a search there was no solves for this.

I figured something out...so, I will post the below for someone else to search.

Solution:
    • For some reason the game did the fresh install as a Beta Version. I noticed the total gigabytes was a bit low.
    • It was not even the most current beta version.
    • In Steam Bannerlord preferences, in the beta selection, I set the option to "none" for the beta version.
    • This prompted more file installs/updates etc.
    Game is fully installed now.

New computer and fresh install, there is no reason this should have a happened.
  2. New Install - Cannot Start Start Game.

Hey, I thought I would install the game to check out where it is at these days. Fresh install, but right as the load screen comes up I get "the application faced a problem". Then it crashes. LOL...what kind of error message is that! I cannot get the game to run normally or in safe mode, and...
  3. MP Multi-Player Adjustment Suggestions.

We had spears function like this in the beta: They did their damage instantly, no matter what time in the animation it hits someone. It used to do 1.5 x damage to the head which enabled a proper spear strike to one shot. Combine all this with the ability to use a shield and it got absolutely ridiculous, no one could use anything except spears unless they wanted to troll. They fixed them now to be far more risky to use, but they still absolutely destroy people in 2v1s or even those who are pretty poor at timing their blocks. If you like add me on steam and I will show you in the duel server how to make use of the spears, and you'll destroy all the 2handed spammers in TDM.

It seems, based upon what you typed, they went too far with the spears nerf, 1.5x to the head would be OP yes, but they must have went too far with the rest of the mechanics. There must be a middle ground for them. Just FYI, I use them more than most out there, mainly because I stay away from using the two-handers, because they are too easy, and trying to time a charging horse is fun.
  4. MP Multi-Player Adjustment Suggestions.

Some more points for you:

• That's because the 2 handed classes have a higher movement speed. This is to counteract the fact that you, as a 1 handed shield user will want to hug their face and prevent them using the reach of their weapon.

So running backward and twirling around like idiots is good, and unrealistically be able to out run people moving backwards is good? I know you prob do not think that. In reality two handed weapons can be used at close range, longsword just go half-sword, and axes you just choke up on the weapon with the top hand, an use smaller motions. How about like I mentioned with spears, making the alternate function button switching grips for close combat on two-handers too? Maybe something to test in beta? Much better solution than defying reality moving backwards. Another point would be if two-handed users get to move backwards so fast to counter huggers, why not everyone else? Everyone should be able to get out of the range of axes and mavs faster too no? You can see how favoring this for just one type of weapon user is unbalanced?

• Actually many would agree shields are far too durable right now. Two guys with a shield fighting against each other, that know what they are doing... can go on forever. Only once the shields break do you actually see some ground gained.

The fix should not be blowing up shields. How about allowing button taps for weaker, but much faster swings to beat blocks, and stagger to then hit again, and holding the button for the current slow power swings. (I may have a separate post about weapon swinging that I did not want to include here...I think it will help with the long duels). Increasing the forward movement when shields are up, slow backpedaling, more flanking…might make for better combat? Increase combative(s), not bad mechanics imo.

I am not to good at the open wild swinging chaos out there on the servers, but I can hold my own when I isolate any fighter one-on-one (I pulled off some cool kills, which felt so much better than spin-to-win). I have also been in a couple long flights, and still killed them, it took a while, but I eventually caught them…and that felt epic and felt legitimately like I was sparring someone in RL, waiting for them to make a mistake or out provoke/feint them. I have died in those many times too; when I die in a good duel, I am often impressed by the other person or I know I dropped my shield a little to early, or did something wrong combatively. Unlike when a two-hander hits the side of my shoulder, when I have my shield up, when I cannot close the distance, and somehow it registers a shoulder hit for 147 damage…and it happens like that 10 times in a row, but from slightly different angles...

• Another one that I feel spears are in a perfect spot right now, they work nicely as a support weapon and if you could use them close up then it would be impossible to punish spearmen for being over aggressive in a groupfight. Right now I can feint an attack and then rush the spearman down in a 1v2, with this suggestion it would be hard because he would be able to fight back instead of holding his shield.

What you like here, you do not like for two-handed weapons you just mentioned above? You will allow for rushing/hugging spear users, but not axe wielders? Spears are not support weapons (someone else said this in this thread too…). They are main weapons and sidearms are support weapons. I think people have that backwards due to pop culture and movies. Spears are deadly; if I was forced to only ever use one weapon...ever, I would grab a spear. You can use them at length, in close, and you can slide the shaft (get your mind out of the gutter) in your hand to deceive the weapon's measure to hit. Pretty much the only defense against them is to rush into very close distances, and I mean grappling distances. One can try to the inside of the spear to get a quick hit in, if you try anything while it moves to far backwards, like you can in this game, it will be bad news, because spears can change to forward motion in an instance (they do that way to slow in this game). Maybe just speeding up that transition for spears backwards to forwards in this game, and still allowing the rush in as a defense might create the balance needed? One can rush in, but if you mistime it you will get counter stabbed much easier.

I agree, this is far from reality in general, why not add something to counter or improve that vs making the counters/defense farther from?
  5. MP Multi-Player Adjustment Suggestions.

Def agree on the jumping but I woould not like to see lowering the speed. Fights feel so slow sometimes compared to Warband. Also when playing shielder I always hate to fight against a somewhat decent shielder because of the slow speed. I have to break their shield to be able to kill him because footwork isnt helping.

Only lowering the speed backward, which is realistic. If the player wants to move faster, turn around and run, risk being hit. If having a shield up no longer slows us down, and people backpedaling move slower, out flanking someone becomes a more viable option. Just so you know, I too think overall movement in the game is too slow; that is foot work, and most single handed weapons are too slow.

I dont like that idea because if you are in a duel where you want to fight with your shield stand no chance at all. If you fail to block once and loose half your hp you will die really fast by loosing hp per hit on your shield.

It is a slow progression, it should not happen as fast as shield durability right now. One-on-one the damage done should not be high enough to be much of an issue. Though if one fighter chooses only to block, that would be their downfall, even in a duel. The main damage to the shield here should come from being wailed on by many foes. Duels should be a non-issue with shields, things that require timing and skill should be what determines a duel, not a shield breaking. If that is the case, why not make weapons and armor break too?

No. Spears have to have draw backs imo. They are supposed to be good against cav (which they arent) and as a support in melee. Giving them more strength in close combat would make it THE weapon to choose for every situation.

It was the weapon of choice in reality for a reason, in most armies, the sidearm was the support weapon. The developer are already allowing characters to use weapons as we would/could not in RL...such as the Mev on a horse...watching someone swing one from side-to-side through their horse's head is awesome!

Quick comment above for you.
  6. MP Multi-Player Adjustment Suggestions.

Good suggestions except for Shield Break, but maybe keep it yes if the shield is 50% health and below then the shield user takes 10% damage of every attack. Shields are too annoying to deal with, kicks and bashes do very little.
    Shields are tough to deal with period, this is their point. They were used throughout all of history for a reason, and even modern riot forces use them today. It should not be they are tough to deal with, so nerf them and completely take away from any sort of realism, but how to better deal with them, without taking away from a shield user.
  7. MP Multi-Player Adjustment Suggestions.

spears shouldnt be stronger, all they need to improve on them is the glance/poke consistency
    I have to agree, I will add it above, I did notice that too...sometimes I swear I thrust right through people doing no damage, but that could have been frame rate or something graphically...?
  8. MP Multi-Player Adjustment Suggestions.

Hello, Most of this comes from a couple areas of experience. Hours of multi-player time, experience with other games, and being a long term HEMA Practitioner. Movement speed(s) – character and weapons moving backward In this game, a fighter with a shield up and moving forward can be out run...
  9. SP - Quests Quest Fix Suggestions - After 388hrs of Play Time.

Hey, I have run through the game a couple times in different ways now, and also experienced may bugs. These last couple rounds were smooth play-throughs, no bugs, and it allowed me to experience the game fully. Example: 1 - I created my own Imperial Faction. 2 - Unified the empire 3 -...
  10. Resolved Literally can't win the game, war progroess not continuing

Thank you for this post. I had the same problem...I tired everything to advance the quest. I do have mods, but it seems the exact same thing is happening to many people without mods.

I eliminated the South Empire, and that quest updated (amazingly)...I eliminated the North Empire, the quest did not update, but shows at 100%, but its leader re-spawned at the top of the map, stuck in a spot, and that quest would not advance. The West was the funniest, it did not advance and eventually it duplicated itself in my quest log...so I was at war with two Western Empires...neither would advance, and even though I hunted ALL of them down and executed them, is always showed them over 88,000 in strength...:xf-oops:

I conquered all fiefs/castles...and will not try a fresh game and see what happens.
  11. SP - Quests Main Quest Line - Diplomatic Options & Bugs.

Ok update: I tried everything, I think it is bugged. I used console commands to capture them, move them, and just complete the quest line...nothing worked. I have since conquered all fiefs/castles...basically I have defeated everyone. Well I will start a new game, and see if that one bugs out too.

I found a thread back from April 5th with someone who had the same problem with Hero/Faction Leaders stuck at the top of the map, and the quest not advancing too...
  12. SP - General Bandit Base is just pointless

My only two cents here is, they are fun at the beginning of the game...later in the game I just run by them, they are useless. My only thoughts here are to have them morph with the player, so they offer high level fights, and loot, so going in them at level 23, when you already have millions of gold is worth it. Also, the higher our level the longer it should take them to re-spawn. They become more lucrative in late game and and area to go for really good exp and rare loot...sort of like higher level raiding?
  13. SP - Quests Main Quest Line - Diplomatic Options & Bugs.

Ok, 185hrs into the game with a couple empire campaigns and one really tough and super fun campaign with my own empire…conquered 80% of the lands thus far..seriously...it is epic! This post can also pertain to diplomatic option in the game in general, but I am focusing on the main question line...
  14. Execution and Consequences: What do you think about it?

I do not like it, it is not well thought out. The fact that killing one enemy will spam your screen with reputation loss to all Nobles in the lands, is not only super annoying, it is unrealistic. You should only lose reputation if you kill someone who has an honorable standing, or is not at war with you, or ONLY has a good relationship with the executed. Their enemies should have a chance to improve relations with you due to the execution...maybe if they are dishonorable or something like that would trigger it. Also right now with the new changes, the game bugs out when defeating the various empires, and sometimes you need to execute them to get the game to update...
  15. Nobles frequently leaving my empire !!UNBEARABLE!!

There is one clan, which I have 60+ relation with, that tries to leave every other day in my current game. But if I reload the save before they left, they do not leave...they wait a couple more days, then leave again, but I can then load the save before that leaving attempt,they do not leave for a few more days again. It seems very random, and has nothing to do with relationship status...very frustrating...
  16. Block & Attacking - Hold the Button Mouse Always???

This might seem nice in theory but it has a few problems espescially if your enemy is actulay moving and not just standing still or walking directly towards you like the AI likes to do

In order to hold a block in a direction you either have to keep moving your mouse in the direction witch will make you loose your target or keep your mouse compleetly still witch is impossible. It is much better to move your mouse to block and then focus on the enemy for when its your turn to attack.
    You may want to read the later posts in the thread. A mod has done exactly what I needed. It is not impossible...it works perfectly. Loving fighting now.
  17. Block & Attacking - Hold the Button Mouse Always???

UPDATE:

I am using the linked mod - it is excellent. It has options, so you can tailor make the blocking to suit you, or keep it vanilla. It can be auto always, or you can do what I was talking about, and attach it to mouse movements while holding the button. The maker even made sensitivity sliders...block is much more intuitive now.

I am slowly tweaking the sliders, and I have it almost perfectly synced with my mouse angles/view.

This needs to be put in the full game imo.
  18. [Shield] Directional Blocking

Imo axes and especially 2handed axes should demolish shields. Meanwhile shields should be able to block almost an infinite amount of arrows.
    Sure, but demolish is not the correct word here? Shields if used correctly would not be demolished as quick as they are in this game (unless in a tight formation, where you just have to hold the shield in one spot). Do not forget, a good shield user knows how to angle the shield to defect the weapons as well. It took me a while to get proficient with this, with Rotella/bucklers, but now compared to when I first started (and I am still very low skilled compared to many people) direct blows are very negligible or should I say, infrequent.

Direct damage to shields should go down with the "speed" function, the more maneuverable, the less direct damage it should take form melee. Add that, with the calculation if it is a direct shot/hit or a glancing it, should determine how much degradation the shield takes.
  19. Created Party - Assign Roles?

I think more party roles will make things much more interesting; especially if there are more roles than party members. You'd have to pick and choose what perks to get.
    Yes totally, it would make things even more immersive.
Back
Top Bottom