Search results for query: *

1. Smorumladida

Massive casualties when entering a besieged settlement

You just have to wait when that happens, the enemy is then just besieging you but has not yet started the assault.
    And yeah, you can fight a normal field battle without extra losses, but then what's the point in having castles?
  2. Smorumladida

I've defended a siege 1 time in my 110 hours of gameplay. One time.

The enemy simply never besiege when i am in a settlement. And if they finally do, then they always, end up leaving. Not fun. Not fun at all

Sadly this is exactly what i experience aswell. I get the point in the break through casualties, but for me this is actually the only way of defending a siege at the moment and apparently my skill level is not high enough or whatever, but it always takes about 60-75% of my army so the siege won't be fun after all because i got no army. Unfortunate!
  3. Smorumladida

Is it realy a good change that you loose more than half of your army when entering a besieged castle? Basically, if you didn't happen to stay at the settlement the moment it got besieged, there is no way to actually participate in that siege without taking these massive losses before even...
  4. Smorumladida

Can't load 1.09 save?

Can't load anything
  5. Smorumladida

My men desert my settlements

They don't want to starve, you know, so they go on a quest for food and leave you.
  6. Smorumladida

My men desert my settlements

Probably a shortage of food in that settlement
  7. Smorumladida

Ulfhednars are a joke

Or modify 2h AI to stay behind shield infantry or seek cover behind trees when under fire to wait for archers to change their target - that's better than changing a unit's HP - he would be totally overpowered in a siege then.
  8. Smorumladida

Troops Gain to little XP and it contradicts the game loop of player progression

+1

It's like hunting looters is 75% of what i do even in late game. You can't even autoresolve other bandits as they will then kill more of your units than they should, so you are bound to looters and their crapy loot all game.

Edit: autoresolved 6 Looters today - 3 troops leveled up. Then fought a field battle ~90vs90~ - not a single level up. This is messed up, it makes the very core element of the game pretty much... yeah, useless.
  9. Smorumladida

Troop survivability

My guess is because regardless of its stats, any soldier can die occasionaly from bad luck when in the field (javelin thrown to the face by an unskilled ennemy, several enemies deciding to gang up on a single one of your units, etc ...), while from a purely math-based simulation in which they are given a score depending on their level and skills, troop quality has much more weight

Yeah, this is probably the reason behind it.
    Especially the Exp part seems to be crucial to me - sending out your troops easily gives your troops like 5-10 times the xp, why on earth is that? It basically makes fighting your battles realy inefficient and encourages a total auto-calc playstyle, why? It should be the other way around!
  10. Smorumladida

Opinions about Fighting System

2h seems to make it easier. As you can use both hands for a twohander now, you don't get any weaponspeed reduce, you just get a longer weapon compared to the 1h. And the 2h stab is very powerful from a horseback. Still just not efficient in my opinion.
    I didn't try polearm yet.
  11. Smorumladida

Opinions about Fighting System

Can we also mention how it's nearly impossible to hit anyone with a sword from atop a horse?
    Yeah, you have to really stare on the ground to hit low enough. And when you do hit someone, i feel like there is no speed-bonus at all! I do just the same damage or maybe just slightly more than i do on foot, often taking more than 2 high-speed swordhits for armored troups.
  12. Smorumladida

Rename Smithing

Yeah, as a bowman with 1h/shield, smithy is not that much of a use... Agreed
  13. Smorumladida

TESTUDO's observations and suggestions.

I really intended to write a proper answer, but all i can say is - i agree! Hell yeah man, go write some more notes and share them with us, this stuff is worth being read and discussed!
  14. Smorumladida

Medicine

That's true. I made about 300k gold by selling all the stuff i looted and never seen trade go up once.
  15. Smorumladida

Resolved Sea Rider Hideout crash

Same here, hoping for a quick fix
  16. Smorumladida

Need More Info [BUG] Infinite loading time

Yep, can confirm this, sea raider hideout bugged, infinite loadscreen.
Back
Top Bottom