Search results for query: *

1. Kentai

Plannerlord: MB2 Character Planning Tool

Nice. :xf-smile:

I think so (never paid too much attention).

Not sure about the ready-made family members in the campaign but any other children are the same as the ones in the sandbox.

I think making it clan-based is a great idea.

With regard to saving would it possible to include an 'export-import' function (to text, csv, or whatever) for the security-minded who like to clear the stored data in their browsers between sessions?
    There will definitely be something to fulfill that role, at least in some capacity. I'd like to give several options but will at least get some type of export working, and ideally importing as well.
  2. Kentai

Maybe
    clan based. You will want to plan the skills of your clanmembers to.

I would prefer a manual save.

Auto save would work to but with the message "are you happy with the changes or would you like to refert back" but this would mean there must be a temporary copy.
    Thanks! Sounds like either way there needs to be two copies, which is easily done using session and local storage. I agree that the shift to focusing on the entire clan is the way to go.
  3. Kentai

Sorry for bumping the thread yet again, but what does everyone think about this tool being centered around clans rather than individual characters? You'd start with your one character but would have an option to add additional ones (companions, family, etc) and could move between them like you do in-game. I'd also add a tag system where you could mark characters as fulfilling a party role, being a party or caravan leader, governor etc for easier referencing.

Also, would you prefer changes to the characters to be auto-saved or done manually. Auto saving would ensure that accidentally closing the browser tab would not result in lost changes, but it would remove the ability to undo a session worth of changes if you goof up.
  4. Kentai

The pattern, as I've seen it, is 25 Attribute Points + level/4. (As opposed to the starting campaign characters 18 + level/4.) And Focus Points are 17 + level, again higher than the starting character. The initial distribution is locked in by decisions made during childhood education (including an event based component at each age).

Another variation it would be good to account for is if the game is a campaign or sandbox variety. This is easier to deal with - in the sandbox the last background question is skipped and instead the player gets 2 FP and 1 AP (extra) free to assign. If they start older than 20 they get additional AP and FP to assign depending on the age they select. Easy enough to check the numbers by starting a sandbox game.
    Thanks for the info! I'm accounting for campaign vs sandbox and ages already for AP and FP allocation, at least for the starting character. It's been a bit since I've played so I don't remember what level your children are when they turn 18 (is it lv 1 like your starting character?). Also can you remember if there is a difference in the starting points for children between campaign and sandbox? Sorry for the additional questions.
  5. Kentai

Hey that looks cool. :xf-cool:

Will it work for second (or subsequent) generation characters, who generally have more attribute points? Just a thought.
    Thanks!

If there's a discernable pattern to how many points they start with I'm sure it's possible. Just need the data.
  6. Kentai

A picture is worth a thousand words indeed 👏

You can use the unofficially official forum image dump site TWim and then embed images here. Most formats should work for inserting afaik.
    Awesome, thanks!
  7. Kentai

Good day fellow Calradians! I have a character planning tool in development, which I'm calling Plannerlord. This tool takes the user through the game's character creation questions to assign "Creation" attribute and focus points (displayed as green). Alternatively, if you wish to plan out the...
  8. Kentai

We need a MESSENGER SERVICE.

I wish there was an option to forbid my clan parties from joining armies started by other nobles. I take all this time to grow party leaders with large party size limits and useful perks but every time I want to form an army for free they're in someone else's so I have to force disband the army and take a relationship hit with everyone.
  9. Kentai

How do destroy kingdom in 1.7.0?

I don't know but it frustrates me as well. They also always seem to have enough money to hire several mercenary factions even with no fiefs to raid my villages. If I want it to stop I have to pay THEM tribute even though I vastly outnumber them or I have to start taking heads, losing relation and getting undesirable personality traits.
  10. Kentai

final

Does that mean all the instances where I want to ask a character a question will actually have options other than "Nevermind"? I certainly hope they tie up that loose end.
  11. Kentai

No NPC Lords Willing to Leave Current Kingdom???

Thanks for the advice everyone. For me it turned out to be a money issue. I had beaten Vlandia down to nothing and had 1.6 million on me, but was still getting the message. I stopped and farmed smithing for a few hours and got around 3 million. At that point Calatild let me try to persuade her, which I was easily able to do thanks to all the charm skill I have and our relation.
  12. Kentai

Even fiefless it isn't enough apparently. I used the dev console to take away all of Calatild's fiefs. Even with 50 relation with her she still is happy supporting her kingdom. This is getting ridiculous...
  13. Kentai

Yep, I'm in the same boat, but I finally learned what makes them change their mind. You basically can only recruit clans who don't own any towns/castles. It is a royal pain in the butt and is a huge barrier to entry in terms of trying to start your own kingdom. What I've been doing is basically trying to be nice to everyone I can, then searching for clans in the diplomacy screen and sorting by # of settlements owned. This has been where I've been targeting my recruiting and relationship efforts. They're still wicked expensive to convince, but I grinded my way up the smithing ladder again and can make pretty decent stuff.
    Thanks for the reply! Guess I need to shift focus then. The difficulty is compounded by the fact that I'll probably have to recruit from kingdoms that don't match the culture where I'm establishing my own. I'm in Vlandian territory so if the only lords without factions are Khuzaiti or Aserain they're going to have a -3 loyalty hit if I give them fiefs near mine as I acquire them. In your experience have fiefless lords you've recruited stuck around reliably until you were able to give them their own settlements?
  14. Kentai

Sorry for the necro bump. I didn't want to create a new post since the topic is the same. I'm still on 1.5.10 due to some of my mods not working in 1.6 and am also experiencing lords flat-out refusing to entertain my persuasion attempts. I have around 850k currently with one town and four full clan parties including mine. I went to war with Vlandia whose force strength was around 3,500 while mine is around 850 and wiped the floor with them for about three hours. I didn't take any aggressive action towards their settlements or villages in fear of losing my traits and the relation I had worked hard to build with the lords (The ones I was targeting for catch and release got to around 30-40 relation with my by the time I was finished).

I'm concerned about being too aggressive with only one settlement and four parties since I'm sure I'll have an 800-count army stack up my butt soon after attempting a siege while the most I can field in an army is around 500. Also there's the relation hit from initiating a siege, which would be totally counter-productive since I've been catching and releasing these same lords expressly to increase relation. I've never been a fan of raiding villages either because I'm assuming it also affects relation, but I've also never tried it so maybe it's an option.

Getting the first few clans has always been the trickiest part of a campaign. In the past having a fat stack of cash from trading and smithing, along with some charm luck was enough to get the ball rolling but now I'm feeling discourage since there's not even a chance to persuade. Do I just need to pump out more weapons and get my income a lot higher to pass the income percentage threshold you guys were mentioning so they'll let me try to persuade, or am I just not doing enough damage to their kingdom? I took them from around 3,500 strength to 2,500 while at the same time mine was near 1,000 when I finally decided to sue for peace. Thanks for taking the time to read through this. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
  15. Kentai

Dev Blog 30/05/19

Guess I'll just have to wait until next week to hear about the janitor and what his typical day at Taleworlds is like.
  16. Kentai

Dev Blog 13/12/18

When you don't have enough allowance for candy so you work part-time representing the Lollipop Guild.

blog_post_70_taleworldswebsite_05.jpg
  17. Kentai

Dev Blog 06/12/18

Pretty cool. I'm happy with this blog. Keep up the awesome work.
  18. Kentai

Dev Blog 29/11/18

Fingers are getting really tired from all the CTRL + R'ing
  19. Kentai

[LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Does anything affect the chance that minor faction armies will spawn? I just beat the last remaining faction and am trying to track down the reamining armies on the map for the victory conditions but it seems like every time I eliminate one two or three pop up. Where are these huge armies coming from?
  20. Kentai

[MEDIA] Prophesy of Pendor Screenshots

IconracI said:
    Redone map icons
    lHGWFaZ.jpg
    oPe71m6.jpg
    9CJhZVb.jpg

Looks awesome! Nice work :smile:
Back
Top Bottom