Plannerlord: MB2 Character Planning Tool

Users who are viewing this thread

Good day fellow Calradians! I have a character planning tool in development, which I'm calling Plannerlord. This tool takes the user through the game's character creation questions to assign "Creation" attribute and focus points (displayed as green). Alternatively, if you wish to plan out the development of a companion there will be an option to assign these points and the companion's starting level manually.

REWZ7.png

Attributes and focus points that are invested the typical way (through points gained on level-ups) are the expected yellow color, while points awarded from perk bonuses are light blue. The editor will notify you in the event that you've overinvested points with the the overinvested skill or attribute flashing and displayed in a red color. This situation normally occurs if a perk is assigned that adds additional points when you're already capped, which in-game would mean a wasted perk.

Perks can be assigned in one of two ways. The familiar perk trees are present, and choosing one will deselect its opposing perk if it was selected. Alternatively I've included a grid with all perk benefits with information about their corresponding perk. This grid can be filtered to make perk selection a breeze and doesn't require you to visit each skill. All perks are in this grid regardless of which skill is selected on the skill board (left side of the interface).

I want to include a way to export a printable page for console players as well, since they may not have a PC close-by when in the middle of a campaign.Plannerlord will be completely free and web-based. It will store your builds in local storage, but I'd eventually like to include a way to export and import characters to json files as well.

Any feedback is welcomed and greatly appreciated. Also (and this is a question for the community managers) I'm curious if the use of the name "Plannerlord" and in-game perk and skill icons are permissible. I'd design them myself but there are almost 400 perks. Thank you so very much for your time and I hope to have this tool available for you as soon as possible.

Last edited:
Hey that looks cool. :xf-cool:

Will it work for second (or subsequent) generation characters, who generally have more attribute points? Just a thought.

Thanks!

If there's a discernable pattern to how many points they start with I'm sure it's possible. Just need the data.

The pattern, as I've seen it, is 25 Attribute Points + level/4. (As opposed to the starting campaign characters 18 + level/4.) And Focus Points are 17 + level, again higher than the starting character. The initial distribution is locked in by decisions made during childhood education (including an event based component at each age).

Another variation it would be good to account for is if the game is a campaign or sandbox variety. This is easier to deal with - in the sandbox the last background question is skipped and instead the player gets 2 FP and 1 AP (extra) free to assign. If they start older than 20 they get additional AP and FP to assign depending on the age they select. Easy enough to check the numbers by starting a sandbox game.

The pattern, as I've seen it, is 25 Attribute Points + level/4. (As opposed to the starting campaign characters 18 + level/4.) And Focus Points are 17 + level, again higher than the starting character. The initial distribution is locked in by decisions made during childhood education (including an event based component at each age).

Another variation it would be good to account for is if the game is a campaign or sandbox variety. This is easier to deal with - in the sandbox the last background question is skipped and instead the player gets 2 FP and 1 AP (extra) free to assign. If they start older than 20 they get additional AP and FP to assign depending on the age they select. Easy enough to check the numbers by starting a sandbox game.
Thanks for the info! I'm accounting for campaign vs sandbox and ages already for AP and FP allocation, at least for the starting character. It's been a bit since I've played so I don't remember what level your children are when they turn 18 (is it lv 1 like your starting character?). Also can you remember if there is a difference in the starting points for children between campaign and sandbox? Sorry for the additional questions.

Sorry for bumping the thread yet again, but what does everyone think about this tool being centered around clans rather than individual characters? You'd start with your one character but would have an option to add additional ones (companions, family, etc) and could move between them like you do in-game. I'd also add a tag system where you could mark characters as fulfilling a party role, being a party or caravan leader, governor etc for easier referencing.

Also, would you prefer changes to the characters to be auto-saved or done manually. Auto saving would ensure that accidentally closing the browser tab would not result in lost changes, but it would remove the ability to undo a session worth of changes if you goof up.

Sorry for bumping the thread yet again, but what does everyone think about this tool being centered around clans rather than individual characters? You'd start with your one character but would have an option to add additional ones (companions, family, etc) and could move between them like you do in-game. I'd also add a tag system where you could mark characters as fulfilling a party role, being a party or caravan leader, governor etc for easier referencing.
clan based. You will want to plan the skills of your clanmembers to.
Also, would you prefer changes to the characters to be auto-saved or done manually. Auto saving would ensure that accidentally closing the browser tab would not result in lost changes, but it would remove the ability to undo a session worth of changes if you goof up.
I would prefer a manual save.

Auto save would work to but with the message "are you happy with the changes or would you like to refert back" but this would mean there must be a temporary copy.

Maybe
clan based. You will want to plan the skills of your clanmembers to.

I would prefer a manual save.

Auto save would work to but with the message "are you happy with the changes or would you like to refert back" but this would mean there must be a temporary copy.
Thanks! Sounds like either way there needs to be two copies, which is easily done using session and local storage. I agree that the shift to focusing on the entire clan is the way to go.

I'm accounting for campaign vs sandbox and ages already for AP and FP allocation, at least for the starting character.
Nice. :xf-smile:
It's been a bit since I've played so I don't remember what level your children are when they turn 18 (is it lv 1 like your starting character?).
I think so (never paid too much attention).
Also can you remember if there is a difference in the starting points for children between campaign and sandbox?
Not sure about the ready-made family members in the campaign but any other children are the same as the ones in the sandbox.

I think making it clan-based is a great idea.

With regard to saving would it possible to include an 'export-import' function (to text, csv, or whatever) for the security-minded who like to clear the stored data in their browsers between sessions?

Nice. :xf-smile:

I think so (never paid too much attention).

Not sure about the ready-made family members in the campaign but any other children are the same as the ones in the sandbox.

I think making it clan-based is a great idea.

With regard to saving would it possible to include an 'export-import' function (to text, csv, or whatever) for the security-minded who like to clear the stored data in their browsers between sessions?
There will definitely be something to fulfill that role, at least in some capacity. I'd like to give several options but will at least get some type of export working, and ideally importing as well.

A kingdom exporter would definitely be a good option. Name your culture and kingdom, etc and BAM...it spits out all the files, etc.

Back
Top Bottom