Search results for query: *

1. Serann

OSP: The Open Source Project

I am currently working on 'fixing' three of the five native female face skins.

Remember the one with the tiny eyes and shadowless skin? Well, I tinkered a bit and got...

from this...
    womanface_a_Old.jpg

to this.
    ADemonstration.jpg

This would be an extremely small osp, basically just swap three dds files.
    Now, before I further persue this and plan to add this here, does anybody know if this has been done before?

And sorry if this is not the right topic to ask, but I couldn't find where, since this isn't really much of a mod.
  2. Serann

Weapon Proficencies?

It's understandable, there are over 4000 troop types in FI2.

Also, I would love to help more, if you ever don't feel like balancing stuff out yourself, in the future.

****, I almost forgot: I gave the "7 years war" guys and the "Zulu Brits" 100 Firearm proficency, so that they can reload faster and fire at least somewhat accurate.
  3. Serann

Weapon Proficencies?

Excuse the double post, but here it is: http://www.sendspace.com/file/zy1fn1

Changes:
    - All swapped proficencies in the LOTR factions have been swapped back
    - Wizards have powerthrow 3 now, though the low damage of fireballs and the low stacks of lightning keep them balanced, compared to other ranged characters (Just don't let a Lossarnach get a stack of fireballs)
    - Speaking of Lossarnach, they are now very lethal with twohanded weapons, as well as throwing weapons, but I took their power draw and bow proficency away (since they are obviously not an archer class)
    - Added Power Draw 3 to every archer who had none, like Gondor Archer and Rohan Archer
    - Legolas and the rest of the elves are now as lethal with the bow as first intended, while remaining squishy in close combat.

Sidenote:
    I made the gladiators from the Rome faction a little stronger, since they were just as strong as legioneers, but got much worse equipment, hope that's cool, but I didn't know who to ask, when put on the spot.

(Did I mention that I love balancing stuff?)
  4. Serann

Weapon Proficencies?

Great, thanks! I will be done by tonight, just so that you can back get to work as soon as you want to.
  5. Serann

Weapon Proficencies?

I would like to call this topic back into to life to, once again, offer my help at balancing the proficencies.
    Last time I was suddenly completely forgotten at the last stage it seems, but that won't keep me down.

The factions in the most dire need of balancing are the LOTR factions, because it seems that due to a faulty troop editor, the proficencies were swapped out and they are the most played faction in the mod (I already wrote about this in the suggestion topic)

Serann said:
    - The proficencies have apparently been accidently swapped, so Legolas has bow prof 60, making him a slow and inaccurate archer, ironically, Gimli would kick his ass, with bow proficency 260
    - The wizards have powerthrow 0, despite relying on throwing weapons and suffer from swapped proficencies as well

So, if you send me the most current troops file, I would love to quickly swap the stats out again, it's not going to take much time, I still have the log with everything I changed lying around somewhere.
  6. Serann

Crazy Suggestions Thread

I suggest fixing the Middleearth faction's stats, since they are often used and the most broken.

Two issues I found:
    - The proficencies have apparently been accidently swapped, so Legolas has bow prof 60, making him a slow and inaccurate archer, ironically, Gimli would kick his ass, with bow proficency 260
    - The wizards have powerthrow 0, despite relying on throwing weapons and suffer from swapped proficencies as well

I actually fixed those in a file I sent to Alex after some discussions, a while ago, but it looks like he kinda forgot about that, so er... yeah.
  7. Serann

Wish there could be a PW II = Dayz size map + PW

Splintert said:
    There is no grinding, just walk out of spawn and you'll usually find a full set of equipment waiting for you on the ground.

Also, there is no working in RL anymore either, just pick up the banknotes other people lose.
  8. Serann

Wish there could be a PW II = Dayz size map + PW

I am suprised how many agree that "having to run for 30 minutes to reach a city" sounds like a good idea.

Without zombies, you would need hostile players to keep the boring grinding and collecting interesting, meaning you would need absurd amounts of them, to keep such a gigantic map filled. Even with our 1km² maps, we have a hard time filling it with players, we would need about 10 000 players.

On DayZ, the map is so gigantic, so that meeting other survivors would become a rare occassion and require signals or flying helicopters to find others. The zombies on the other hand were omnipresent in the thousands, so that you wouldn't feel bored. (Or at least... somewhat less bored)
  9. Serann

Persistent World Lore

No. You have to be a crazy like the rest.
  10. Serann

Persistent World Lore

unOffical Persistent World Lore ( Yes, after some time, I believe it is time all these roleplaying servers get a unifying backstory, so here we go!) Once upon a time, in the far away kingdom of Pii-dahblju, a powerful being decided to bless it's inhabitants, though not all of them. Roughly...
  11. Serann

Crazy Suggestions Thread

My suggestion would be serious tanks. Like, really serious.

They would have so heavy armor, that they can only walk, not run, but it would also give like 70 body and head armor, with slow, relatively weak weapons and powerful board shields, making them ideal for shield walls and holding off attackers.

Example:
    Weapon proficency: 50 in everything, except croossbows with over 100, to give them something to do until the enemy reaches them.
    High strengh ~40 and high iron skin ~8 with 0 athletics and about 10 agility

If they were any stronger than that, they would just bash into their enemies, while igoring the little damage they take.

Equally, there should be "Hunters" in more factions, classes which are really fast but fragile. Of course, they should be absolutely crap with ranged weapons, with too little strength to use firearms or heavy weapons.

Example:
    Weapon proficency: ~120 on all melee, 20 on ranged
    Strength ~6 Agility ~50 and athletics 10,  iron skin 0
  12. Serann

Weapon Proficencies?

Sooooo... because I am a huge nerd, I checked for the units' stats in the troop editor and got some confusing results. Apparently, the Uruk-hai Berserker has 250 proficency with archery. Wait, what? The editor is pretty old, did something change or are the proficencies not balanced yet...
  13. Serann

Flaming swords in pw and smithing

I love it!

And we should combine the two.

After crafting a blade, it should be a "heated blade", with 200 piercing damage (Because burns sting a lot), immediately spawning in the blacksmith's hands. Now, within 2 minutes the blade will become a normal blade, after cooling down, or once it touches water, so you have to hurry, before losing that sweat damage bonus.

That way a faction would have to organize several blacksmiths to smith several swords at once, so that heated blades can be used in the entire army.

Come on, it's brilliant!
  14. Serann

Can anyone tell me the name of the song?[FOUND AFTER 4 YEARS!!]

Congratulations, lolwtfhax, your aggressive whining has lead to me finding your song, if this is indeed the one you are talking about.

The song is from "Two Steps from hell", at least if Battle2.ogg is still the same file as before, but I was too lazy too look up which one, also all their pieces kind of sound the same.
  15. Serann

Romans and Stabbing

Though I would still love to have short-range spears. Long weapons are pretty useless in Full Invasion, unless Friendly fire is off and you can actually stab over/through your allies, who keep them back or you are basically glitching by staying on a higher area the bots can't reach.
  16. Serann

Romans and Stabbing

Well, I wouldn't go as far as to make all gladius "stab only", after all, some people prefer to slash, especially when bots have the tendency to block low, and they were occassionally used to slash in history as well, but an alternative would be nice.
  17. Serann

Romans and Stabbing

Romas love stabbing. They always did. They made entire battle formations about stabbing enemies, every single weapon they used in their prime time was about stabbing and they stabbed their first Caesar 23 times, when once probably would have done it (I guess he put a lot of points into "iron...
  18. Serann

My theory on a balance between Rping/sandboxing. Opening a fresh discussion.

One question: how does this balance RPing with sandboxing, exactly, as the title seems to say?
  19. Serann

About Smart_AI

I see? Well, it's still very confusing, but I guess we just hope that they won't reappear in the future.
  20. Serann

About Smart_AI

Why wasn't it being tested on the offical servers?
Back
Top Bottom