Search results for query: *

1. Taleworlds is going to release a post to let us know about their futur plans for the game. What are your expectations ??

For MP to get attention again. Fix their completely awful class system that no one in the MP beta wanted or asked for... Revert it back to the tried and tested "buy more weapons with more kills" as snowballing was never an issue in Warband anyway since you could buy hard hitting weapons at the sacrifice of armor. That was a fabricated issue to justify the stupidity of its implementation.

Put in the server architecture code so that servers stay up for longer than an hour. This isn't 2002. Quit being lazy. Give people full control of mod tools because you all have clearly made the decision to do nothing yourselves with MP. Let the playerbase do a better job than you ever will.
  2. Devs - What are you even doing?

Not going to happen, TW almost never listens to feedback about the MP if you want a more balanced experience play the modded multiplayer like the calradic campaign.
    I'll still keep trying. Baffles me that people make posts like this and TW doesn't even acknowledge it.
  3. Devs - What are you even doing?

Bumping because we deserve a reply.
  4. Statement Regarding Plans For MP Vol.5

So what's the issue with MP? You all gonna actually do something about it or continue to ignore us all? Any of the devs / managers wanna grow a spine and update us? At least tell us you don't care anymore?
  5. Devs - What are you even doing?

You made a terrible multiplayer that no one wanted, and we all voiced it during the closed beta. Promises were made to better MP. You all have done absolutely nothing outside of providing custom servers that can't even stay online and persistent. (Just like your official servers) So honestly...
  6. 3 years later... We told you so

I mean, if Taleworlds actually cared about a balanced game, then I could see the class system working better than the gold system. On paper, the class/perk system could allow even the free units to kill the 200 gold units, though my experience of WB MP had cases where the immortal gold hoarder can walk out of multiple 1vXs alive.
    In no way shape or form will the class system ever work better than the gold system. You can't meme around naked, you can't customize your armor the way you want, and you're restricted to the one or two weapons of the class you pick. In some cases, you can't even use a weapon of your preference because you don't have enough gold for a decent class.

With the current system, if you suck for a couple of rounds you're stuck as a peasant while the other team has the armor that can walk out of multiple 1vXs unscathed.
  7. 3 years later... We told you so

The problem with relying on mods to save the game is that the general audience if they give a crap about playing MP is that they might not even know that multiplayer is moddable. NeoGK's Warband server worked because you didn't need the optional module to play it.

It'd be more productive if TaleWorlds were to actually make the native game good, but as I've mentioned before, they're insistent on keeping Vlandia as the OP faction that's good at everything while Sturgia and Empire just plain ol' suck to play as.
    No they just need to go back to a system where you can pick your weapon/armor from the start so that people can actually select what weapon they prefer, what playstyle they prefer, etc etc. It's a highly successful system in Valorant and CS2 today. It was highly successful in Warband. Just bring it back.
  8. Patch Notes v1.1.2

When are you guys going to revert the Multiplayer class system to something similar to Warband? Valorant and Counter Strike 2 is still using it and it's highly successful.

The MP player population in Warband is far higher than in Bannerlord. Shouldn't that be a hint that you guys were wrong and should probably fix it? It would make far more sense to have Infantry, Archer, and Cavalry have its own set skill numbers than the mess you guys made. We warned you guys since the start of the Alpha combat test that the multitude of current classes sucked, on top of the new animation choices. Not sure why it hasn't been addressed.
  9. Statement Regarding Plans For MP Vol.5

Persistent Empires has a ****load of players and it's the most fun thing to happen to Bannerlord. It will be the only reason people play Bannerlord. It allows players to create scenarios similar to what happened in GTAV Roleplaying communities. It just needs big streamers to show it and people will get into it instantly
    Idk, Persistent Empires is implemented well on a technical standpoint... But on a gameplay level I don't think the modders know what to do with it. Too many rules being broken with no in-game consequences for it.
  10. Fixing Order of Battle Formations

Taleworlds,

The OOB system is a good starting point but there needs to be changes addressed with the system. It is still nigh impossible to configure your troops how you want it. For example, there are some troops that have multiple different sets (clicking between the different styles of unit) that could have polearm or axes in that specific set; see Strugia Axemen. Sometimes these soldiers will have axes and spears, thus making them impossible to split up in order to create better formations.

I believe IMO, that the best way to address this issue is to allow the player, in the party screen menu to set which formation each soldier should belong to. Then when a battle comes, the OOB will allow the player to have multiple formations with specific subunits to cater to. If Taleworlds cannot address this, is there a mod that already address this issue?
    Agreed
  11. 3 years later... We told you so

I've been gone from the forums for a long time since I gave up on MP and went to play other games. Has Taleworlds swallowed their pride yet and admitted that they created a poor **** show compared to a game that they released 13 years ago? Does the fact that Warband MP has more players than...
  12. Why though?

Why does TDM kick everyone out of the server when it's done still? It's almost been a year now. Why does singleplayer combat feel so much faster than multiplayer combat? Is the setting in MP set to "underwater?" (Not talking about responsiveness, I'm simply talking about speed) This makes...
  13. I came back after 3 months.... What happened

Your argument still stands if it's literally not present in the game anymore? What kind of logic is that? I give up at this point and can only hope no TW dev takes your feedback seriously.

The reason for that has absolutely nothing to do with the combat mechanics. Stability and key features such as custom servers are a lot more important for building and keeping a playerbase in a M&B game than any of this nonsense. Not even talking about how your complaints are misinformed or blatantly wrong.
    My argument is that the fact that it was in the game at all caused a huge mess with the combat mechanics as a whole. It doesn't feel good. Warband came out almost 11 years ago and to this day has more responsive combat. To this day, Bannerlord has not recovered from its delayed movement / delayed responsiveness because of the implementation of block delay.

We can just agree that multiplayer sucks though and be on our way. The class system (literally no one I know likes this to this day), lack of dedicated servers, and essentially no effort from the developers to update that section of the game killed it. I don't think it'll ever recover. Was released way too soon. And all of these changes that they're making are not helping one bit. Should've just kept it simple.

You're more than welcome to tell all of my buddies that left this game for the reasons I've listed that they're wrong as well, but it doesn't change that they're not coming back.
  14. I came back after 3 months.... What happened

I think your jumping to conclusions a little. There is a system in place for crush through with a heavy blunt weapon. Archery is different, but if you give it a little more time you will be shooting bullseyes again in no time.
    I appreciate the encouragement, but like I said... Archery is just the tip of the iceberg for me.
  15. I came back after 3 months.... What happened

Wrong. It was added after the release of EA, and it has since been removed again. It was the experimental blocking system by Armagan.

Here is my relevant whine thread about it: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/remove-the-block-delay-youve-added-back.419440/
    Does it really matter? My argument still stands regardless of when it was added and added back in. They attempted to balance the game around block / swing delay and messed everything up in the process.

You just can't argue it. It's why no one is left in multiplayer. There is no other reason than the game just sucks man. Don't even get me started about the class system either.
  16. I came back after 3 months.... What happened

Funny you telling me I'm whiteknighting the game when I was literally one of the people crying all the time about block delay in the Beta (when it actually existed), making threads and begging TaleWorlds to remove it. You saying factually wrong and misinformed things has nothing to do with me blindly loving and accepting everything TW is doing.
    They added block delay in 2 weeks before the game launched after 8 months of beta, and it still hasn't recovered from it. Combat was headed in the right direction all up until those last 2 weeks. As far as balance with other classes? No, they were not balanced. But melee was feeling great.

In an effort for them to "tweak" a bunch of bs in an attempt to make block delay work for 2-3 months, they messed everything else up in the process.
  17. I came back after 3 months.... What happened

Okay, was thinking of editing my posts, but this travesty needs a seperate response.

Where is the block delay? Delay from ping maybe, but at this point, they have reduced the delay even to the point that it occurs before visuals are synched up with it. There is going to be a whole lot of human error that you need to work on before you have the right to complain about supposed "block delay".

I'm assuming you are talking about soft spots. They are very much predictable if you actually know how they work. If you have a short sword and you're getting facehugged by a heavy infantry, do you just assume that you're going to deal full damage with a swing? Learn to use distance and study the mechanics instead of begging that everything gets simplified to the point that you don't need to use your head anymore.

No it didn't. I was one of the retards trying to play this game competitively in the Beta. We still have a long way to go, but the Beta was a horrible time I never want to go back to. Trying to claim that anything was better back then are fighting words, and I don't think you can back them up with actual arguments.
    Just gonna be honest with ya, I don't feel like arguing with well thought out posts to someone who is just going to White Knight the game. The lack of community speaks for itself. Just because you are most likely crushing it in duel tournies because you're using inverse controls, doesn't mean the game is good for everyone else.

The only thing I feel like correcting you on is the argument about block delay. They didn't have it in Warband. Shouldn't be in this game.
  18. I came back after 3 months.... What happened

Basically you have to be good at archery now, it's funny how many people suddenly can't shoot you as good as they used to. I'm a very ordinary archer player but I'm still hitting just as well as before.

Crush through has been removed, only the hammers on Sturgia and Battania have them and even those are slow as anything now.
    Is that included in singleplayer? Because I just got crush through'd with a polearm twice after I lost my shield in a huge battle.

In my opinion, the archery is just repulsive. Could I get good at it? Sure.
  19. I came back after 3 months.... What happened

Archery feels improved in this patch, it feels good and more natural. In terms of accuracy, nothing actually changed since the last patch (on the fast bows it actually got higher from what I can tell). I enjoy maining archer now more than ever before. I honestly fail to understand what your problem is.
    My problem doesn't end at archery. Crush through weapons, block delay still existing, movement in general feeling extremely slidey, glances happening when they shouldn't... I could go on and on. The game got bent over and destroyed after beta.
Back
Top Bottom