Search results for query: *

1. SmattlePattle

Hair and Helmets: Good, but we can do better.

Is this pedantic? Yes. But boy it gets under my skin. So, certain helmets display the hair under/through them in a really satisfying way. If you use long haired characters this becomes very noticeable. Its a really nice touch, VC did it first post-release (I spammed their forums about it lol...
  2. SmattlePattle

Troop veterancy vs troop tier: An idle thought.

Good morning. Here again with another half baked thread as I drink my morning coffee. I've been thinking about what unit "tiers" mean, and in my mind they represent two things: The experience of the troop, and the gear/status of the troop. After recruiting a unit with "Veteran" in the title by...
  3. SmattlePattle

Snow Maps: My most pedantic "complaint" ever.

I am aware of how trivial this is. So, just played a quick little battle on a Sturgian snow map and something bugged me. It was a blizzard, tons of snow, and it was really... dark, with like black tones/shadows. This is weird. Super snowy environments are the opposite. They get really bright...
  4. SmattlePattle

Mods I won't play the game without.

I am listing here some of the mods I honestly need to make the current state of the game enjoyable. The purpose here is a) to highlight immediate issues in EA that should be addressable given that mods are fixing/mitigating the issues. b) Give me something to do while I drink my coffee. 1)...
  5. SmattlePattle

Wounds/low HP impacting combat performance: Yay or nay?

Just curious, either as a mod or a core feature in your game, would you want wounded troops to suffer a performance decrease? The way I think about combat currently is: Damaging an opponent doesn't really mean anything significant, you fight as good at 1hp as at 100. So, for example, if you...
  6. SmattlePattle

Features from Viking Conquest I would like before EA ends.

1) How formations and infantry AI worked. Was much better - solid shieldwall fights happened. Still room for improvement, sure, but at present its better than how things work in bannerlord. 2) Spears being effective weapons & the weapon of choice of peasants/levies/low level troops. 3)...
  7. SmattlePattle

Attempting balance in a feature incomplete game is a bad idea.

I'm not going to write 3 paragraphs since we have a dozen forum topics on similar issues, but I'm going to quickly get my 2 cents off my chest then go eat an empanada and pick up some horse manure for my garden. Spending time trying to balance the money-management aspect of the early game when...
  8. SmattlePattle

Viking Conquest vs Bannerlord aka where's my formations AI and spears?

Obligatory I love Bannerlord and think its a fantastic game intro, so pitchforks down please. One thing I find curious is some aspects of Bannerlord feel like a step back from VC, with some features in VC not found in Bannerlord. There's lots of little quality of life things but the biggest one...
  9. SmattlePattle

Does Bannerlord distinguish commoners from nobles like Warband?

Been thinking about this. I don't think it does. I always start as a common peasant woman, because every playthrough of mine is a Maoist power fantasy, and nobody gives me any guff and I was able to marry some noble lord without any hassle. It seems like by having that distinction it can serve...
  10. SmattlePattle

Which lord in the most handomest?

For me, Dhiyul.
  11. SmattlePattle

Charm should operate a percentage value based on characters hygenic stats

Say you have 100 charm. But your character hasn't bathed in several weeks and has a strong musk. This should then make, until your character bathes, them operate as if they have 75 charm. BUT certain (female) characters should be INTO the musk, cus they're that kind of girl with them you get a...
  12. SmattlePattle

How can there be mules in game if there are no Donkeys in game?

Okay, Lets face it This game lacks horse breeding mechanics Mules are OP cus you don't have to manage the Donkey & Horse breeding. I think you should have to breed the Donkeys with the Horses. This could be a mini game. It could be dependent on your charm skill, like the marriage minigames.
  13. SmattlePattle

What governs armor spawn rates?

This is driving me up the wall. How much is the economy buildings relevant? IE does having a smithy increase that towns liklihood of having higher tier armor? How relevant is your clank rank? I personally seem to notice more armor appearing after rank 2, but hard to say. How much is...
  14. SmattlePattle

Has anyone figured out armor spawnrates?

Most of my games high-tier armor simply does not spawn in shops, full stop. This wasn't an issue at launch when I manually deleted the MPONLY tags for the 200+ items, but it is an issue now after TW has patched things. Its now impossible for to find any of the Aserai mail or lamellar armor in...
  15. SmattlePattle

In the current state of the game what do minor factions do?

In my playthroughs I haven't noticed, outside of mercenary companies, much going on with minor factions beyond some being seemingly perma at-war with some major factions. Has anyone done a breakdown on them? At present is there much use to them or are they mostly to be fleshed out in future?
  16. SmattlePattle

SP - General More. Duels.

Its simple. I want to play as an upstart noble who duels the pants off of everyone. Let me insult lords and notables and fight them. Let me challenge people over marriages, inheritances, who gets what fief. Let me go to the tavern and be obnoxious and get challenged to a greasy alleyway duel...
  17. SmattlePattle

SP - General Events, quests, happenings & the spice of life (making an immersive/interactive world)

After a week of playing BL I've noticed 2 issues or minor gripes. The early game (Clan Level 0) is mediocre. There are some incredibly rich environments/scenes that really don't get utilized (Villages & Towns in particular). Given BL has a rudimentary set of quests and a set of characters in...
  18. SmattlePattle

Interest in a more fleshed out early game?

I'm just very casually curious how many other players would love to see (over the course of early access and so on, no rush) a lot more depth added to the phase of the game around clan level 0. I'm talking lots more quests/events that can be done with a small party/as a commoner. One of BL's...
  19. SmattlePattle

How do you like to play your early game?

Hey, so I'm just curious - While I know a lot of the "meat" of the M&B series is as you become a lord, or right before, but I want to know how people get the most enjoyment out of their early game? I like the sort of roleplay feel of a slow start and all that, and am in no rush to rise to a...
  20. SmattlePattle

hunting

I may be a dumb ass but... Uh, how do I hunt? Is it some sort of special event thing? I started out a character as a hunter and thought it'd be fun to do before getting deep into the game, but unlike Brytenwalda I don't see any roaming animals (yet)
Back
Top Bottom